Built a model rocket....

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
..here it is fixing to be launched, damned thing!

cutty-sark.jpg

lol

Dude, that is so stupid! The mast is too far back. Also the hull, errr I mean body tube should be silver not brown.....geesh.

What you need to do is stick an Estes rocket engine in the stern and stick it in the water

• Banned
I'm thinking about drilling a hole in the table, running a line from my air compressor and blasting air up into that sail and see how high it will go. What do you think?

• Banned
Almost ready for the maiden flight!
cutty-sark-5.jpg

I don't know squat about boats.

But I'm currently reading, "Two Years Before the Mast".

Is the model ship you built from that era? .... :cool:

I believe it's a little later, built in 1869 while TYBTM was in 1835 or so. I read that book, extremely interesting and well written.

It's a model of the "Cutty Sark". If you look at my picture you can see I glued the name plate on upside down! ;)

'Two Years Before The Mast', published in 1840, takes place between 1834 and 1836. It is the account of the author's two year voyage as an ordinary seaman on a merchant vessel between Boston and California (at that time part of Mexico).

'Before the Mast' refers to the quarters of the ordinary seamen on the ship, located in the forecastle of the ship. He wrote about the hard life of an ordinary seaman and the wide disparity in classes between seamen and their officers.

..here it is fixing to be launched, damned thing!

View attachment 208012

lol

Your neighbor is gonna wonder how that got into his gutters.

Rocket Science Magazine is awaiting you test results. :rolleyes:
That's 'cause I'm smrt, not dump like you!

It would be better if it was a frog rocket.
But it's not, and you can't stand that can you! ;)

Who me? I have a metric shit ton of frog rockets.

Forum List

Back