Build Your Own Tax Policy

Discussion in 'Economy' started by -Kt Atis-, Jul 8, 2006.

1. -Kt Atis-

-Kt Atis- Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Ever wanted to make your own economy? Well this will get you started. Its kinda fun and everything they ask you 3 pages of questions and at the end you'll get results back that'll tell you if your standards are to high or to low.

http://www.taxpolicy.com/build.htm

2. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    What a waste. Loaded with BS questions, like: #11. Agree or disagree: Free speech is more important than cars. What the F does that have to do with tax policy?:laugh:

3. catatonic

catatonic Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It has to do with the fact that free press was one of the few things particularly forbidden in the commerce clause.

I can't wait to try your loaded test now.

4. catatonic

catatonic Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    In the first question, do they mean balanced by GDP or balanced period? Oh well I'll live with answering balanced assuming balanced period. Question #7, don't have the education to know what's best, so I'll just pick Bush's answer. :) #8 ought to be true and facts are facts that we'll all be rich if its true, no matter what this test tells me. Alright I'll just take the rest of the test!

5. catatonic

catatonic Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I got low low medium.

Broadly Speaking
    1. In a Nutshell
    Your tax philosophy appears to focus on taxing special privileges and monopolies more, and productive activity less. The soundness of such ideas cannot be disputed. Possible weakness -- be sure you are clear on the role of corporations with regard to taxes, the economy, and society.
    Now look at the six other items that correspond to your tax policy -- hand-picked (well, computer-picked) ideas to fit you.

2. A Person to Meet
    Ever read biographies of important people? We have a recommendation especially for you -- go to your public library and get a biography of William Penn.
    3. Deepen Your Knowledge
    You know something else you ought to study, because your tax policy profile indicates you would find it interesting, is the Technocracy movement of the 1930s.. You might not have heard of this, but be assured you'll find it interesting and full of tax policy lessons for today.

4. Drop By
    A website that we encourage you to visit is Gaianomics

These sound fascinating. I will actually do this.

5. Who Needs Engagement?
    Someone with your tax policy has opponents, of course, and lots of people who have yet to think about your ideas. Based on the information you provided, we would say that the group of people you may most benefit from dealing with, in some productive way, is bureaucrats and paper pushers.. Find ways to communicate with them!

No crap! I'm glad I'm able to talk to these people.

This means that anyone on this board who agrees with this test cannot dispute my tax policies.

6. catatonic

catatonic Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The Gaianomics page was pretty bad.

The book "Natural Economics" works with these people instead of disrespecting them.

Technocracy... not bad. I just want the smarter people to have more say, regardless of their technological ability or ideology. Most if not all farmers are geniuses who should have a large say.

I'm not about left right libertarian centrist or populist... I just want to go up through intelligence in decision making.

7. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Triple Lows

1. In a Nutshell
    First of all, we want to compliment you. Based on the answers you gave, you are somebody who understands a lot about taxes, politics and how things affect one another. The majority of people doon't have the knack of this. Someone as bright as you needs a clear, specific tax policy because others will take your views seriously (even if they might not admit it!).
    Your tax philosophy appears close to the "libertarian" stereotype -- a principled distrust of government and therefore a desire for very low limits on taxation. Possible weakness -- some businesses are productive while others exist on special privilege and monopoly. If this distinction is not clear, others may think you're soft on corruptio

What a load of crap.

8. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Hey! That's what I said, sorta..:p:

9. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329