Buenos Aires power supply disrupted in heatwave

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Public sector workers in the Argentine capital of Buenos Aires have been told not to come to work on Monday in an effort to save electricity.

The city has been experiencing power shortages as air conditioning use has soared as residents try to keep cool during a severe heatwave.

Some neighbourhoods have been without power for two weeks, with temperatures rising well over 35 degrees Celsius.

Argentina's ageing power grid has been struggling to keep up with demand.

Public sector workers in the city were asked to stay at home all day Monday, while those in Buenos Aires province were told to leave work at noon.

BBC News - Buenos Aires power supply disrupted in heatwave

Public sector workers in the Argentine capital of Buenos Aires have been told not to come to work on Monday in an effort to save electricity.

The city has been experiencing power shortages as air conditioning use has soared as residents try to keep cool during a severe heatwave.

Some neighbourhoods have been without power for two weeks, with temperatures rising well over 35 degrees Celsius.

Argentina's ageing power grid has been struggling to keep up with demand.

Public sector workers in the city were asked to stay at home all day Monday, while those in Buenos Aires province were told to leave work at noon.
BBC News - Buenos Aires power supply disrupted in heatwave

So a 2 week wave in Buenos Aires is "climate change" and an entire winter of record low temperatures over Europe, China and North America is "just the weather" ...even if it`s been happening year after year.
....because that`s what "skepticalscience" is telling you

More proof that the AGW cultists believe in a mantra and not science.

Laughable, the doomsday tales AGW freaks can spin from a power outage in Buenos Aires.
Their power grid is a joke:
Demand and supply projections

Argentina currently faces a tight supply/demand scenario as reserve margins have declined from above 30% in 2001 to less than 10%. This fact, together with the deterioration in distribution companies services (i.e. cables, transformers, etc.), has the potential to endanger supply.
And for the most part it looks like this:
11-3-manila_slums.jpg

Funny that they do have power where the tourists hang out:
http://www.ciudaddemendoza.gov.ar/la-ciudad/ciudad-en-vivo-peatonal#titulo

When I just checked the live cam (~ 18:00 central) all the shops were open, the neon signs are on and the streets are lit up

Last edited:
Heatwave declared as Queensland interior swelters through record-breaking temperatures - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Sydney heatwave: Is it hot enough for you?

Climate Change Monitoring - News : Sunburned in Siberia: Heat Wave Leads to Wildfires

Locals marvel and worry at the ?snow shortage? in Siberia ? ?I cannot believe my eyes. This doesn?t happen.? | Environment

(Siberian Times) – We highlight December images taken in recent days in two Siberian cities Krasnoyarsk and Barnaul showing scenes that locals insist are unprecedented in living memory. The startling pictures from Krasnoyarsk show an almost total absence of snow yet as every school child around the world knows, snow is what Siberia is all about.

No more, it seems. The images of the River Yenisei with ducks splashing in the water, and grass in the parks, could be from autumn rather than deep in the winter in a city where December temperatures have gone as low as minus 47C, and the daily mean in minus 13C at this time of year, with plenty of snow on the ground.

As in many areas of Siberia this winter, the thermometer is reluctant to plummet to customary bone-chilling temperatures. Last night when we checked outside, it was a mere minus 3C. Day time temperatures lately have been warmer. As mother-of-two Anastasia said from Krasnoyarsk: 'I'm reading a book to my children and I hear the tapping of the rain in my ear. Rain? Rain? Rain in the middle of December? In Siberia?

Heatwave declared as Queensland interior swelters through record-breaking temperatures - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Climate Change Monitoring - News : Sunburned in Siberia: Heat Wave Leads to Wildfires

Locals marvel and worry at the ?snow shortage? in Siberia ? ?I cannot believe my eyes. This doesn?t happen.? | Environment

(Siberian Times) – We highlight December images taken in recent days in two Siberian cities Krasnoyarsk and Barnaul showing scenes that locals insist are unprecedented in living memory. The startling pictures from Krasnoyarsk show an almost total absence of snow yet as every school child around the world knows, snow is what Siberia is all about.

No more, it seems. The images of the River Yenisei with ducks splashing in the water, and grass in the parks, could be from autumn rather than deep in the winter in a city where December temperatures have gone as low as minus 47C, and the daily mean in minus 13C at this time of year, with plenty of snow on the ground.

As in many areas of Siberia this winter, the thermometer is reluctant to plummet to customary bone-chilling temperatures. Last night when we checked outside, it was a mere minus 3C. Day time temperatures lately have been warmer. As mother-of-two Anastasia said from Krasnoyarsk: 'I'm reading a book to my children and I hear the tapping of the rain in my ear. Rain? Rain? Rain in the middle of December? In Siberia?

You guys manage to find the most ridiculous sources for your "information"
When I checked the temperature in
Krasnoyarsk, Russia,Tuesday 10:00 AM was -4 with snow showers
And in
Barnaul, Russia ,Tuesday 9:00 AM it was -9 C and Low Drifting Snow
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

And the pictures in your "newspaper" are .png screenshots.
image%25255B18%25255D.png

89 50 4E 47 0D 0A 1A 0A ‰PNG
00 00 00 0D 49 48 44 52 IHDR
00 00 02 82 00 00 01 AD ‚ *
08 06 00 00 00 82 E2 15 ‚â
image%25255B19%25255D.png

00 00 02 82 00 00 01 AF ‚ ¯
08 06 00 00 00 CF 2A B4

The original image was a JPEG Image 120x83, 3.3 KB published in this newspaper at a much earlier date:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-fH2nrH4ZygQ/U.../XTr7T2lsrvE/image%255B19%255D.png?imgmax=800

How would I know?
It`s simple:
1 result - TinEye
Your "news paper" says:
The images of the River Yenisei with ducks splashing in the water, and grass in the parks
Do you see any green grass or "ducks splashing" in any of these pictures ?

Btw.:
Krasnoyarsk

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Yenisei River flows from west to east through the city. Due to the Krasnoyarsk hydroelectric dam 32 kilometers (20 mi) upstream, the Yenisei never freezes in winter
Neither you nor your source never mentioned that, so I guess it`s up to one of us "deniers" to do a reality check ( as usual)

Happy New Year from Manitoba.
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Monday 8:00 PM
Ice Crystals
and -32 C
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...for-50-windchill-expected-overnight-1.2479210
Manitobans brace for -50 windchill expected overnight

Cold weather warnings issued for all of Manitoba on Monday morning

CBC News Posted: Dec 30, 2013 12:22 PM CT Last Updated: Dec 30, 2013 6:17 PM CT

In Winnipeg, the overnight low on Monday night is expected to drop to –38 C but the windchill will make it feel more like –50. It will be much the same situation overnight on Tuesday to Wednesday.
The chill put a damper on the City of Winnipeg's trash and recycling collection. Officials said collection would be delayed due to the extreme cold's effect on workers and equipment and asked Winnipeggers for their patience.
Normal temperatures for this time of year in southern Manitoba are a daytime high of –13 C and a low of –23 C.
But that would not interest the bloggers from where you sourced that "melting" Yenisei river crap:
bin_logo2.png

Who the f..k reads their crap anyway ?
They post how many did so far:
http://beforeitsnews.com/environmen...lieve-my-eyes-this-doesnt-happen-2488344.html
Story Views

Now:
Last Hour: 4
Last 24 Hours: 5
Total: 23
I know you were one of the 23, that leaves 22 others who were desperate enough to Google for yet another Global Warming doomsday story

Last edited:

And in
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

08 06 00 00 00 CF 2A B4

The original image was a JPEG Image 120x83, 3.3 KB published in this newspaper at a much earlier date:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-fH2nrH4ZygQ/U.../XTr7T2lsrvE/image%255B19%255D.png?imgmax=800

How would I know?
It`s simple:
1 result - TinEye
Your "news paper" says:
The images of the River Yenisei with ducks splashing in the water, and grass in the parks

Btw.:
Krasnoyarsk

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Yenisei River flows from west to east through the city. Due to the Krasnoyarsk hydroelectric dam 32 kilometers (20 mi) upstream, the Yenisei never freezes in winter
Neither you nor your source never mentioned that, so I guess it`s up to one of us "deniers" to do a reality check ( as usual)

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Ice Crystals
and -32 C
Manitobans brace for -50 windchill expected overnight - Manitoba - CBC News

In Winnipeg, the overnight low on Monday night is expected to drop to –38 C but the windchill will make it feel more like –50. It will be much the same situation overnight on Tuesday to Wednesday.
The chill put a damper on the City of Winnipeg's trash and recycling collection. Officials said collection would be delayed due to the extreme cold's effect on workers and equipment and asked Winnipeggers for their patience.
Normal temperatures for this time of year in southern Manitoba are a daytime high of –13 C and a low of –23 C.

Krasnoyarsk Average high for December -9.4 C, 15.1 F, low -17.1, 1.2 F

Krasnoyarsk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Krasnoyarsk For next week, high 18 to 25 F. Low 18 to 21 F.

Krasnoyarsk Weather Forecast

A bit warm for that area, especially at night.

And in

08 06 00 00 00 CF 2A B4

How would I know?
It`s simple:
1 result - TinEye
Your "news paper" says:

Btw.:

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Ice Crystals
and -32 C
Manitobans brace for -50 windchill expected overnight - Manitoba - CBC News

Krasnoyarsk Average high for December -9.4 C, 15.1 F, low -17.1, 1.2 F

Krasnoyarsk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Krasnoyarsk For next week, high 18 to 25 F. Low 18 to 21 F.

Krasnoyarsk Weather Forecast

A bit warm for that area, especially at night.

Why quote the forecast in deg F ?
When I click on your link it shows:
Max. Temp
(C)
-5 -4 -4 -7 -6 -7 -8 -6 -6 forecast as MAXIMUM

It also shows :
Min. Temp
(C)
-6 -5 -7 -7 -6 -8 -8 -6 -8
And that`s only 1 to 2 degrees "too warm" !
What`s so sensational about that?
It`s just the local weather and it`s > 2 C "above average" for just 3 days out of 7...I can show you > 5000 cities where it`s way below average and has been so for more than 5 winters in a row !
Funny how the AGW defenders cling to the "it`s just local weather" phrase every time we are in a deep-freeze....and sensationalize a few hot summer days in Australia or South America

Wait and see how they`ll start bitching when our -50 C (windchill) "Manitoba Mauler" sweeps down on Minnesota, the Dakotas and then heads east towards New York. Let`s see how many of them will still think "Global Warming" while their teeth are chattering

Last edited:
More proof that the AGW cultists believe in a mantra and not science.

Indeed......its parrot on the established BS narrative at all costs >>>

"We need to get some broad based support,
to capture the public's imagination...
So we have to offer up scary scenarios,
make simplified, dramatic statements
and make little mention of any doubts...
Each of us has to decide what the right balance
is between being effective and being honest."

- Prof. Stephen Schneider,

Stanford Professor of Climatology,
lead author of many IPCC reports

The Green Agenda

"In Nature organic growth proceeds according
to a Master Plan, a Blueprint. Such a ‘master plan’ is
missing from the process of growth and development of
the world system. Now is the time to draw up a master plan for
sustainable growth and world development based on global
allocation of all resources and a new global economic system.
Ten or twenty years form today it will probably be too late."

- Club of Rome,

Mankind at the Turning Point

Isn't it curious those who don't believe in climate change are so sure of themselves, and those who recognize something is awry wonder if mankind has had some impact on the weather.

You are getting unusually cold weather in Winnepeg, Siberia is getting unusually warm weather. Weather.
It`s not just Winnipeg it`s all of western Canada all the way up to the arctic..that`s a much bigger chunk of land than that little backyard in the southern part of Siberia that forecast -7 & -8 C...which is just barely above normal for that area anyway.
I`m also telling you these "Manitoba Maulers" can penetrate deep down south into the USA.
And this one is shaping up to do just that:
United States Jet Stream and Weather Surface Maps - AccuWeather.com

Happy New Year.
I hope Santa dropped off some parkas in Florida, they might just need them before this winter is over!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back