BS blocker: Blocking biased and fake news sites on your computer.

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
I saw an ad for blocking biased and fake news websites on your computer. But, I cannot remember where I saw this ad or what it called. It has a title such as "BS blocker" or something with the letters BS. Anyone familiar with it? I am using windows 7, chrome.

Some need to install this BS blocker. Hope it supports blocking outbound bullshit.
How do I get it? I'm not sure if it's called BS Blocker...I just know BS was in the name.
Most of us are born with it.........

Xle2yjX.gif

Unfortunately most people don't learn how to use it.........

Last edited:
I saw an ad for blocking biased and fake news websites on your computer. But, I cannot remember where I saw this ad or what it called. It has a title such as "BS blocker" or something with the letters BS. Anyone familiar with it? I am using windows 7, chrome.

I think you can download it from DailyKOS. It blocks any content that doesn't start from the DNC or their controlled sources...

What's really need is media more interesting in reporting the truth than getting hits on their web site and more media outlets that actually report the news rather just repeat sensational stories of questionable accuracy.

What's really need is media more interesting in reporting the truth than getting hits on their web site and more media outlets that actually report the news rather just repeat sensational stories of questionable accuracy.
I agree. Sources are either MSM or partisan and we need some that are neither. They are full of ridiculous "news" that outright run the reader back to the MSM.

I agree. Sources are either MSM or partisan and we need some that are neither. They are full of ridiculous "news" that outright run the reader back to the MSM.
I think those of us who spend a lot of time following the news assume most people have their bullshit filter turned on when they watch or read the news. Even thou we may have strong political beliefs and support them, most of us can spot BS but that is far from universal.

I participated in a round table discussion about improving local government. I was shocked as I listen to people repeating stories that just had no basis in fact. If it appeared in print and it supported their political beliefs, it was accepted without question. Each person that spoke added their own twist. Before long no one was listening to the opposition at all. There was no discourse, just people preaching to the choir, so I left.

I think those of us who spend a lot of time following the news assume most people have their bullshit filter turned on when they watch or read the news. Even thou we may have strong political beliefs and support them, most of us can spot BS but that is far from universal.

I participated in a round table discussion about improving local government. I was shocked as I listen to people repeating stories that just had no basis in fact. If it appeared in print and it supported their political beliefs, it was accepted without question. Each person that spoke added their own twist. Before long no one was listening to the opposition at all. There was no discourse, just people preaching to the choir, so I left.
This is also common here on USMB. People come here to agitate for their party and ignore all the filth that makes it impossible.

This is also common here on USMB. People come here to agitate for their party and ignore all the filth that makes it impossible.
That really doesn't bother me that much because on USMB you scan the posts and spot the ones that are just attack posts, false news stories, off topic, or have nothing to add. When you're in face to face meetings, it's not that easy.

Last edited:

That really doesn't bother me that much because on USMB you scan the posts and spot the ones that are just attack posts, false news stories, off topic, or have nothing to add. When you're in face to face meetings, it's not that easy.
True. However, maybe you attended the wrong crackerbarrel.

True. However, maybe you attended the wrong crackerbarrel.
Maybe so

Forum List

Back