Brunei adopts sharia law

If democrats just ran the world. Gee, it's not fair that democrats can't control every other country against the will of the people like they do here.

The real story is. The Sultan of Brunei owns the Beverly Hills Hotel so gays are over there protesting like someone will care.

If democrats just ran the world. Gee, it's not fair that democrats can't control every other country against the will of the people like they do here.

The real story is. The Sultan of Brunei owns the Beverly Hills Hotel so gays are over there protesting like someone will care.

Did you miss that election business, it was on the news and everything.

Democrats were elected in Brunei? I missed that.

You live in Brunei?

You live in Brunei?

Do you? Does it matter to you what the Sultan of Brunei does in Brunei? He passes laws that he thinks are in the best interests of his people. Something democrats don't like.

I couldn't care less what democrats do as I'm not one of them. I don't live in Brunei either although you hinted you do.

I know that Sharia law in many ways mirrors that of western countries although has harsher punishments for things deemed to be sinful in religious doctrine that are now commonplace activities in the West.

I'd rather all religion was kept out of all law making, all government and all public life if I'm honest.

You just can't control what other countries do. No matter how much you object. How sincerely you want religion out of law making. You just cannot exercise that control over the world. How painful that must be.

You just can't control what other countries do. No matter how much you object. How sincerely you want religion out of law making. You just cannot exercise that control over the world. How painful that must be.

I do like your attempts to construst what you think I think and then knocking it down.

I cannot exercise any control over other countries in the world. America can though, I mean the CIA has started coups in countries all over the world. Chile and Iran both had bloody revolutions in which the US had a hand. Iraq is on the cusp of civil war because of governmental regieme change. The problem is these things can't be done offically and so have to be done via the back door and hence can't be rolled out ot the electorate to santion them properly.

If you imagine that laws providing for the stoning of gays and women can somehow be used to start a revolution in the middle east, you are so sadly mistaken that it defies understanding. The reason these laws are put in place is because the people want them. Iraq is on the cusp of civil war, true, but not because the people want sharia law out, but because they want it back. The only ones who will die in the cause of gay rights or women's rights will be the deluded who think these things can be imposed on a defiant people.

If you imagine that laws providing for the stoning of gays and women can somehow be used to start a revolution in the middle east, you are so sadly mistaken that it defies understanding. The reason these laws are put in place is because the people want them. Iraq is on the cusp of civil war, true, but not because the people want sharia law out, but because they want it back. The only ones who will die in the cause of gay rights or women's rights will be the deluded who think these things can be imposed on a defiant people.

But they can be imposed on a defiant people, very easily. Sadam Hussain managed to impose laws on those defiant people, Al-Assad managed to impose laws on a defiant people, Mubarak managed to impose laws on a defiant people.

I am not saying that it is right to do so but those dictators managed it.

Ignoring the fact that US Repubs here want and actively practice sharia law. And hardly a day goes by that some rw's post that they want sharia laws against basic rights like abortion.

Edited to add - love that you managed to work gays into this. Typical. And, many on this board would happily bring rocks to a gay pride parade.

But they can be imposed on a defiant people, very easily. Sadam Hussain managed to impose laws on those defiant people, Al-Assad managed to impose laws on a defiant people, Mubarak managed to impose laws on a defiant people.

They didn't pass laws protecting gays or women though did they. We tried to bring our notions of freedom. It didn't work out very well did it? Maybe we didn't throw enough people into shredders.

Who did protect those rights? The Shah of Iran did. How long did he last?

Ignoring the fact that US Repubs here want and actively practice sharia law. And hardly a day goes by that some rw's post that they want sharia laws against basic rights like abortion.

Edited to add - love that you managed to work gays into this. Typical. And, many on this board would happily bring rocks to a gay pride parade.

No. But I will go to lunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel next week, just to poke a stick in their eyes.

if you imagine that laws providing for the stoning of gays and women can somehow be used to start a revolution in the middle east, you are so sadly mistaken that it defies understanding. The reason these laws are put in place is because the people want them. Iraq is on the cusp of civil war, true, but not because the people want sharia law out, but because they want it back. The only ones who will die in the cause of gay rights or women's rights will be the deluded who think these things can be imposed on a defiant people.

but they can be imposed on a defiant people, very easily. Sadam hussain managed to impose laws on those defiant people, al-assad managed to impose laws on a defiant people, mubarak managed to impose laws on a defiant people.

they didn't pass laws protecting gays or women though did they. We tried to bring our notions of freedom. It didn't work out very well did it? Maybe we didn't throw enough people into shredders.

Who did protect those rights? The shah of iran did. How long did he last?

1941-1979

but they can be imposed on a defiant people, very easily. Sadam hussain managed to impose laws on those defiant people, al-assad managed to impose laws on a defiant people, mubarak managed to impose laws on a defiant people.

they didn't pass laws protecting gays or women though did they. We tried to bring our notions of freedom. It didn't work out very well did it? Maybe we didn't throw enough people into shredders.

1941-1979

Then he was tossed out in favor of rule by the Ayatollahs. Now they hang gays from cranes.

1941-1979

Then he was tossed out in favor of rule by the Ayatollahs. Now they hang gays from cranes.

Pretty decent length of time he got in though. Also in Iran they don;t hang Gays from cranes, they give them sex changes.

1941-1979

Pretty decent length of time he got in though. Also in Iran they don;t hang Gays from cranes, they give them sex changes.

FREE sex changes which is why American gays are flocking to Tehran for benefits.

In reality

Public hanging film to highlight plight of gay Iranians | Gay Star News

Face it. You aren't going to get muslims to give up Sharia law when what they really want is to have Sharia law here.

Forum List

Back