Bruce Springsteen Applauds Occupy Movement

r-BRUCE-SPRINGSTEEN-OCCUPY-large570.jpg

Bruce Springsteen said this week that his new album Wrecking Ball was inspired by an "angry patriotism" that drew fuel from the Occupy movement.

Speaking to a group of journalists at the Theatre Marigny in Paris, Springsteen described how the financial crisis, income inequality, and other hot-button political issues informed Wrecking Ball, which paints a picture of an America that has failed the working class.

"My work has always been about judging the distance between American reality and the American Dream--how far is that at any given moment," Springsteen said. Judging by the album's tenor, he believes the gap has only become wider in recent years.

In one song, "Easy Money," a down-on-his luck protagonist goes on a robbing spree out of desperation. "He's imitating your guys on Wall Street the only way he knows how," Springsteen said.

In "Shackled And Drawn," Springsteen sings that, "Gambling man rolls the dice, working man pays the bill/Still fat and easy on Banker's Hill." And the album's lead single, "We Take Care Of Our Own," features lyrics like, ""From the shotgun shack to the Superdome/ There ain't no help, the cavalry stayed home."

The idea of a wrecking ball "sort of seemed like a metaphor for what had occurred; it's an image where something is destroyed to build something new--the flat destruction of some fundamental American values and ideas that occurred, really, in the last 30 years," Springsteen said.

Rolling Stone has a more detailed analysis of the album's angry message.

In a later interview with The Guardian, Springsteen delved into detail about the current state of American politics, crediting the Occupy movement for shifting America's focus to the country's real economic problems: The Guardian reports:

Springsteen, 62, says he is not afraid of how the album will be received in election-year America: "The temper has changed. And people on the streets did it. Occupy Wall Street changed the national conversation – the Tea Party had set it for a while. The first three years of Obama were under them.

"Previous to Occupy Wall Street, there was no push back at all saying this was outrageous – a basic theft that struck at the heart of what America was about, a complete disregard for the American sense of history and community..."​

And even if the album is a bit more strident than Springsteen fans are used to, the star brushed aside concerns with a music-business truism: "You never go wrong with 'pissed off' in rock and roll."

Bruce Springsteen Talks Occupy Movement, New Album

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture4122-111122devilshould-rgb20111123114157.jpg

OWS, like the Tea Party, has some good points to make. And, like the Tea Party, it is unfortunately the screaming loons in the movement who damage its reputation and credibility.

Funny thing is, the two movements share some opinions. But, of course, both movements are too full of themselves to admit that. Imagine what could be accomplished if the two identified their common ground, pooled their resources, combined their energy and passion, and really went for it.

Naw, never happen. Can't have that. Too rational.

Look at skookerasbil's posts and the photos he posted. That's the difference between the two movements. The teebags are dead set against the First Amendment, as are may rw's.

They'll tell you they're in favor of it right up until someone they don't like exercises their own first Amendment rights and then they want the police state to beat the living crap out of them.

Like the misspelled signs demanding the "government stay out of their Medicare", this ignorance and disconnect is very typical of the hypocrisy we see every day from the rw.

OWS, like the Tea Party, has some good points to make. And, like the Tea Party, it is unfortunately the screaming loons in the movement who damage its reputation and credibility.

Funny thing is, the two movements share some opinions. But, of course, both movements are too full of themselves to admit that. Imagine what could be accomplished if the two identified their common ground, pooled their resources, combined their energy and passion, and really went for it.

Look at skookerasbil's posts and the photos he posted. That's the difference between the two movements. The teebags are dead set against the First Amendment, as are may rw's.

They'll tell you they're in favor of it right up until someone they don't like exercises their own first Amendment rights and then they want the police state to beat the living crap out of them.

Like the misspelled signs demanding the "government stay out of their Medicare", this ignorance and disconnect is very typical of the hypocrisy we see every day from the rw.

Liar................

Really? A folk legend turns out to be a supporter of left wing activism and, conversely, turns out to oppose a faction of the Republican party? UNBELIEVABLE! I won't accept it until I've heard it for myself.

I, for one, think it's kinda cute when publications like rolling stone ask performing artists to expound on their political views. Always makes me think of Matt Damon. Loved Rounders.

Also, I know a few "teabaggers" personally and, I gotta say, the ones I've spoken to are pretty purist libertarian types. Socially loose, fiscally conservative, and freedom-loving by principle. This is also true of most of the online footage I've seen of tea party rallies over the last 2 years. In fact, according to tea partiers I've actually spoken to, the entire basis for the tea party is pure fiscal conservativism (TaxedEnoughAlready Party). Random politicians on Fox News have been trying to co-opt the movement for a long time and assign their own (usually socially restrictive, big govt republican) values to it, and MSNBC has been doing their damndest to equate the tea party with the evangelicals and, more insidiously, with the racist fringe of the republican movement. I gotta say that, especially in this issue, both channels have their heads inserted firmly and deeply in their colons. I'd add in my thoughts on CNN's portrayal, but come on. . . does anybody watch CNN anymore? MSNBC seems to be pumping roughly the same message more effectively.

A very talented entertainer, Mr. Springsteen is way out of touch with reality. He is applauding a movement that condones violence (shootings, fecal bombs, threatening cops) and turns its head the other way when instances of rape occur.

Curious if Mr. Springsteen agrees that the ends justifies the means???

Or they have CCCPNBC fire them.

Ooops...

And here encapsulized in one post lies the reason for all of the Springsteen hate this morning. :cool:

Springsteen has a net worth of $200 million, which puts him in the top1%, and supports the occutards. Can you spell hypocrite?

That's a huge difference between left and right. The left wants others to be able earn all they can but the right wants to keep the working and poor class on their knees.

Nothing pisses off the rw more than a wealthy LIB-ral who made their own money. Unlike scum like the koch's who had it given to them.

The left exploits their poor. Its despicable.

February 17, 2012

"What Was Done....Was Un-American"

"At a Paris press conference on Thursday night, Bruce Springsteen was asked whether he was advocating an armed uprising in America. He laughed at the idea, but that the question was even posed at all gives you some idea of the fury of his new album Wrecking Ball."

92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif

r-BRUCE-SPRINGSTEEN-OCCUPY-large570.jpg

Bruce Springsteen said this week that his new album Wrecking Ball was inspired by an "angry patriotism" that drew fuel from the Occupy movement.

Speaking to a group of journalists at the Theatre Marigny in Paris, Springsteen described how the financial crisis, income inequality, and other hot-button political issues informed Wrecking Ball, which paints a picture of an America that has failed the working class.

"My work has always been about judging the distance between American reality and the American Dream--how far is that at any given moment," Springsteen said. Judging by the album's tenor, he believes the gap has only become wider in recent years.

In one song, "Easy Money," a down-on-his luck protagonist goes on a robbing spree out of desperation. "He's imitating your guys on Wall Street the only way he knows how," Springsteen said.

In "Shackled And Drawn," Springsteen sings that, "Gambling man rolls the dice, working man pays the bill/Still fat and easy on Banker's Hill." And the album's lead single, "We Take Care Of Our Own," features lyrics like, ""From the shotgun shack to the Superdome/ There ain't no help, the cavalry stayed home."

The idea of a wrecking ball "sort of seemed like a metaphor for what had occurred; it's an image where something is destroyed to build something new--the flat destruction of some fundamental American values and ideas that occurred, really, in the last 30 years," Springsteen said.

Rolling Stone has a more detailed analysis of the album's angry message.

In a later interview with The Guardian, Springsteen delved into detail about the current state of American politics, crediting the Occupy movement for shifting America's focus to the country's real economic problems: The Guardian reports:

Springsteen, 62, says he is not afraid of how the album will be received in election-year America: "The temper has changed. And people on the streets did it. Occupy Wall Street changed the national conversation – the Tea Party had set it for a while. The first three years of Obama were under them.

"Previous to Occupy Wall Street, there was no push back at all saying this was outrageous – a basic theft that struck at the heart of what America was about, a complete disregard for the American sense of history and community..."​

And even if the album is a bit more strident than Springsteen fans are used to, the star brushed aside concerns with a music-business truism: "You never go wrong with 'pissed off' in rock and roll."

Bruce Springsteen Talks Occupy Movement, New Album

Awesome.

Holyshittrippinballsawesome.gif

Will Bruce please drop fucking dead?! Please!

Only in America can a no talent fuck like Bruce become part of the 1%.

Bruce, drop dead. ASAP

Thank you.

Your pal, Frank

Everyone thinks born in the U.S.A. is a patriotic song, but if you listen to the lyrics, it's very anti-America.
At least.....that's what White Wingers insist......

Happens, a lot........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyzUIEW-Q5E]CCR Fortunate Son with lyrics - YouTube[/ame]​

The song he played at the Grammys was dope

Edit: yea the one posted above my post here

Forum List

Back