Britney's Expiration Date Nearly Up

W

wonderwench

Thank goodness.

Britney's career may have reached its apex.

This review is a hoot!

Britney goes bust

Spears aims for shock value, but latest spectacle elicits more boredom than blushing

OK, the drums were live - maybe.

The new Britney Spears show that rolled into a packed Staples Center on Monday was a torturous triumph of hollow spectacle over content with an atmosphere of unbridled greed pervading the entire joint. As ticket holders entered the arena, vendors stationed every few feet hawked outrageously priced items: programs $25, binocular rentals $25, Spears yoga pants $60, T-shirts $35, posters $10.

The object of the hard sell is a weapon of mass consumption whose tawdry 90-minute show was awe-inspiring in its lack of appeal on any level. (more)

Don't count on it. She might give up the hype and re-invent herself as a serious artist.

Yeah, right. :rotflmao:

I am still trying to figure out what her talent is. She is no Celine Dion in music. She is no Debbie Allen in dance moves. She is to me, a Madonna wannabe and follower. No talent required, just shock and shock and shock and little else. Madonna made quite a living off of that but she was original at it - after that - yawn.

I am still trying to figure out what her talent is. She is no Celine Dion in music. She is no Debbie Allen in dance moves. She is to me, a Madonna wannabe and follower. No talent required, just shock and shock and shock and little else. Madonna made quite a living off of that but she was original at it - after that - yawn.

I think Britney Spears is a clear-cut example of how MTV is ruining the state of music today. Witness a girl who cannot sing, looks above average at best, and has the personality of a bag of oranges. And, yet, despite the fact that nobody had ever heard of her, she was suddenly in constant play on MTV. Perhaps because the same parent company that owns MTV owns most of the record companies as well?

As much as I hate Christina Agwilala's "Look at what a whore I am!" image, I gotta give the girl credit, she can really sing. Same thing with Jessica Simpson (only her image is "Look at what a retard I am!"). I listen to a song like "Toxic" and it makes me sick that she is as famous and rich as she is. There's not a single note sung in that that doesn't sound as though it was processed at least ten times. Add that to one of the most boring songs in history and what do you get? Well, the number one single in the country, apparently.

OK, I'm done venting, we now return you to your regularly scheduled board.:D

Dan - you are absolutely correct.

Britney is a product - not a singer. Christina does have pipes - but if she wants longevity in her career, she is going to have to upgrade her material.

MTV has been a horrible influence on music - stressing image over quality.

Agreed. Britney is, at best, a stripper with an average voice who has people write songs for her. She is no musician. In comparison, girls like Mandy Moore, Liz Phair, Christina Aguliera, Jessica Simpson - even Hillary Duff - have some musical talent that they can showcase and fall back on.

Not that I don't think Britney is extremely hot... but from this musician, she gets absolutely ZERO props.

that's close to my heart," she announced that after all she'd suffered at the hands of the press, "At the end of the day, it's made me who I am today."
gimme a fucking break!!

gimme a fucking break!!

This should be the entire review of any Britney Spears concert ever.:D

Something else has been bothering me about her and Beyonce's doing this a lot too: blatant lip synching. Back in my day (way back in the late 90s), it was considered a bad thing to lip synch onstage, seeing as how people are, y'know, PAYING to hear you sing and all. I guess the computer they use to make Britney sound good is too big to drag out onstage for every show. It's weird that Beyonce does that, too, because she actually has a halfway decent voice.

Elvis where are you? Elvis lives!
John Lennon lives!
Janis Joplin lives!
Jimmy Hendrix lives! - play that star spangled banner on the guitar with his tounge - that is talent!

The doors live!

As for todays music, yes it is too mechanical. They might as well not show up for work and just collect the paychecks - oh wait - they do that!

Talent will return again!

Originally posted by Dan
Something else has been bothering me about her and Beyonce's doing this a lot too: blatant lip synching. Back in my day (way back in the late 90s), it was considered a bad thing to lip synch onstage, seeing as how people are, y'know, PAYING to hear you sing and all. I guess the computer they use to make Britney sound good is too big to drag out onstage for every show. It's weird that Beyonce does that, too, because she actually has a halfway decent voice.

Remember Milli Vanilli....or should I say Frick and Frack:D Much to my dismay, my daughter loves Britney. Thankfully she has moved onto Avril Lavinge - there's hope for my baby yet;)

Forum List

Back