British Sniper kills 2 Taliban - sets world shooting distance record

What the HELL is your problem? I responded to your post before I saw the other post, you were wrong and I pointed it out. And I did not do so with any negative spin, just facts.

And, had you been the first to point it out, I would have been fine with it.... however, since you weren't, you're just whining. What the hell is the matter with that? Grow a brain, I don't need to be told more than once. Stop fucking whining.

Tell ya what, fuck you asshole.

Act your age, not your shoe size. Honestly, you're supposed to be a grown up.

Wow, that is like taking out a target in Central Park from the empire State building. i dont't even think I could see a person at that distance

With the scope on that baby you would!

It would be more impressive had the sniper had Parkinsons.

Do not make me come there and slap you, xo.

It's an awesome shot.... Now, the question is, how long will it be before a Yank beats it?

Not long.

We can't stand being behind a brit.........well, not a male brit.......:eusa_drool:

Rob Furlong (born 1976) a former corporal of the Canadian Forces, held the record for the longest confirmed sniper kill in combat, at 2,430 metres (2,657 yd, 12.08 furlongs, or 1.51 miles). Established in 2002, the shot exceeds that of Sgt Brian Kremer of the U.S. Army's 2nd Ranger battalion in 2004 Iraq (2,340 m or 2,560 yd).

Wow, that is like taking out a target in Central Park from the empire State building. i dont't even think I could see a person at that distance

With the scope on that baby you would!

It would be more impressive had the sniper had Parkinsons.

Heh.....read the article:

In a remarkable tour of duty, Harrison cheated death a few weeks later when a Taliban bullet pierced his helmet but was deflected away from his skull. He later broke both arms when his army vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb.

I admit, it would have been more impressive had Harrison broken his arms, and been shot in the head BEFORE sniped the two ragheads.

Arabs, meanwhile, don't bother aiming since they're usually attached to the explosive device in question.

I thought something like that, except for this from the article in the OP:
News of Harrison’s success comes amid concern over a rival insurgent sharpshooter who in a five-month spree has killed up to seven British soldiers, including a sniper, in and around the Taliban stronghold of Sangin

Hoofing shot, can't quite get my head round why they gave his name out

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hotshot sniper in one-and-a-half mile double kill - Times Online

A BRITISH Army sniper has set a new sharpshooting distance record by killing two Taliban machinegunners in Afghanistan from more than 1 miles away.

Craig Harrison, a member of the Household Cavalry, killed the insurgents with consecutive shots — even though they were 3,000ft beyond the most effective range of his rifle.

“The first round hit a machinegunner in the stomach and killed him outright,” said Harrison, a Corporal of Horse. “He went straight down and didn’t move.

“The second insurgent grabbed the weapon and turned as my second shot hit him in the side. He went down, too. They were both dead.”

The shooting — which took place while Harrison’s colleagues came under attack — was at such extreme range that the 8.59mm bullets took almost three seconds to reach their target after leaving the barrel of the rifle at almost three times the speed of sound.

Fucken A, I believe is the required comment.

Fuckin' A!

and I hereby add a hearty Amen!

:clap2:

Recently, I saw a Military channel show (I can't tell you which one, since I was just channel surfing and came to rest on that show since it looked kinda cool). They had the guy that tries to show some of our military equipment (or some other guy?) trying to replicate a similar (maybe the previous) world record shooting title holder. Anyway, it was sniper like I had never imagined.

I am amazed (when one takes into account the requirements for sighting the target, allowing for the effect of gravity over distance and other variables like air pressure and humidity wind speed and direction changes over that distance) that ANY such shot could hit the target, much less two, in a row and right on the money like that.

Awesome.

I offer not a peep of mourning for the Taliban scumbags, by the way. Fuck em.

Such amoral scum frequent this board. You outnumber the half decent Human beings by a factor of at least 3 to 1. Its no surprise the World is in the sorry state it is when ethical standards are lower than a snake's belly in a wagon trail furrow.

When chauvinistic adults cheer with glee at the brutal and cowardly slaying of a people they subjugate for the single crime of being born in a land that has America's oil beneath it then the gates for totalitarianism swing wide open.

History repeats itself. Here in this thread lurk the very same barking dogs of nascent Fascism which darkened Germany during the Nazi war period. A collective rotten fruit that blossoms from the corrupt branches of Capitalist Imperialism and clots together to persecute an ethnicity they know nothing about, under the most slender of premises.

Lumpenproletariat imbued with the vile indoctrination which spills forth from an insidious corporate media owned by a handful of playboy Billionaires. Cowardice is bravery in the myopic vision of a benighted demographic; War is Peace and Brutality Kindness.

Marx wrote of those who so readily internalise ideological canker from their ruling class on numerous occasions, and here in 1845,
‘The Illusion of the Epoch’

“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.e. the class which is the ruling material force of society, is at the same time its ruling intellectual force. The class which has the means of material production at its disposal, has control at the same time over the means of mental production, so that thereby, generally speaking, the ideas of those who lack the means of mental production are subject to it.”
The German Ideology: Chapter 1 - On Feuerbach

But don’t let me get in the way of the charming spectacle of death. Two Towelheads have been killed; even without the aid of a YouTube video I’m sure you could picture the imagery. Enjoy your celebration.

bloodstained_rainwater_long.jpe

The loner lives by witt and skill his mission is too maim or kill our loner knows its not a game because the enemies loner will try the same

Forum List

Back