British Sniper kills 2 Taliban - sets world shooting distance record

Oct 8, 2009
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hotshot sniper in one-and-a-half mile double kill - Times Online

A BRITISH Army sniper has set a new sharpshooting distance record by killing two Taliban machinegunners in Afghanistan from more than 1 miles away.

Craig Harrison, a member of the Household Cavalry, killed the insurgents with consecutive shots — even though they were 3,000ft beyond the most effective range of his rifle.

“The first round hit a machinegunner in the stomach and killed him outright,” said Harrison, a Corporal of Horse. “He went straight down and didn’t move.

“The second insurgent grabbed the weapon and turned as my second shot hit him in the side. He went down, too. They were both dead.”

The shooting — which took place while Harrison’s colleagues came under attack — was at such extreme range that the 8.59mm bullets took almost three seconds to reach their target after leaving the barrel of the rifle at almost three times the speed of sound.

Fucken A, I believe is the required comment.

A US Marine probably had the previous record. He shot an enemy officer 2500 yards away in Viet Nam. The man literally walked out of the jungle and stood on one of Hathcocks Aiming stakes. He used a 50 cal. the precursor to the current long range sniper rifle of that caliber.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hotshot sniper in one-and-a-half mile double kill - Times Online

A BRITISH Army sniper has set a new sharpshooting distance record by killing two Taliban machinegunners in Afghanistan from more than 1 miles away.

Craig Harrison, a member of the Household Cavalry, killed the insurgents with consecutive shots — even though they were 3,000ft beyond the most effective range of his rifle.

“The first round hit a machinegunner in the stomach and killed him outright,” said Harrison, a Corporal of Horse. “He went straight down and didn’t move.

“The second insurgent grabbed the weapon and turned as my second shot hit him in the side. He went down, too. They were both dead.”

The shooting — which took place while Harrison’s colleagues came under attack — was at such extreme range that the 8.59mm bullets took almost three seconds to reach their target after leaving the barrel of the rifle at almost three times the speed of sound.

Fucken A, I believe is the required comment.

Pretty fuckin cool. They had no idea what hit them.

• Banned
A US Marine probably had the previous record. He shot an enemy officer 2500 yards away in Viet Nam. The man literally walked out of the jungle and stood on one of Hathcocks Aiming stakes. He used a 50 cal. the precursor to the current long range sniper rifle of that caliber.

Which was impressive, and no doubt snipers have better rifles these days, but 1.5 miles??? WTF??? And the two dead ragheads were 3000ft apart. That's some seriously decent shooting.... particularly for a Brit..... they don't grow up with a gun in one hand like lots of US kids do.

Which was impressive, and no doubt snipers have better rifles these days, but 1.5 miles??? WTF??? And the two dead ragheads were 3000ft apart. That's some seriously decent shooting.... particularly for a Brit..... they don't grow up with a gun in one hand like lots of US kids do.

They weren't 3000 feet apart. They were beside each other.

His bullet travelled 3000 feet further than it should have.

• Banned

I lack basic comprehension skills. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Or maybe it's because I've been up for 18 hours and I'm quite tired..... Nah. Definitely the former. :lol::lol:

Awesome shooting, by any standards.

Well done!

I lack basic comprehension skills. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Or maybe it's because I've been up for 18 hours and I'm quite tired..... Nah. Definitely the former. :lol::lol:

That's okay. You brought the cool story to my attention, so I have no problem reading it for you.

Like when my 22 month old brings me a board-book.

The targets were not 3000 ft apart. Read it again, the second one took over the first ones weapon. Kind of hard to do if they are 3000 ft apart. By the way 2500 yard is 7500 feet.

The targets were not 3000 ft apart. Read it again, the second one took over the first ones weapon. Kind of hard to do if they are 3000 ft apart. By the way 2500 yard is 7500 feet.

And, if you were the first to point it out, I would have been gracious about it, but now it's just fucking whining.

And, if you were the first to point it out, I would have been gracious about it, but now it's just fucking whining.

YEAH! :evil:

Nah-nahnah-nah-nah! :funnyface:

Fantastic shooting. Particularly given the variables that have to be calculated to hit the target from distance...wind, humidity, pressure etc.

I know a man who thought his head shot from a mile was good! One and a hlaf miles! Awesome!

This new sniper rifle is an amazing piece of kit. To go with its increased range it has a 25 x magnification scope and a suppressor to reduce noise and flash and therefore detectability by the enemy. From a quarter of a mile out you can't hear the shot. The first thing the Taliban know about a sniper team in the vicinity is when their head leaves their shoulders.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8abSZZPlik]YouTube - Video - L115 A3 Sniper Rifle.flv[/ame]

What the HELL is your problem? I responded to your post before I saw the other post, you were wrong and I pointed it out. And I did not do so with any negative spin, just facts.

What the HELL is your problem? I responded to your post before I saw the other post, you were wrong and I pointed it out. And I did not do so with any negative spin, just facts.

And, had you been the first to point it out, I would have been fine with it.... however, since you weren't, you're just whining. What the hell is the matter with that? Grow a brain, I don't need to be told more than once. Stop fucking whining.

And, had you been the first to point it out, I would have been fine with it.... however, since you weren't, you're just whining. What the hell is the matter with that? Grow a brain, I don't need to be told more than once. Stop fucking whining.

Tell ya what, fuck you asshole.

Forum List

Back