British man faces 350 lashes for homemade wine in Saudi Arabia

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
British Prime Minister David Cameron will write to the Saudi Arabian government to raise the case of an elderly Briton facing 350 lashes after being caught with homemade wine, his spokeswoman said on Tuesday.

“This is an extremely concerning case,” Cameron’s spokeswoman told reporters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It is extremely concerning? Yeah, it sure is. It sure is.

Naw........it ain't gonna kill him.

They will administer the lashes in increments........like 25 every other day with a doctor present.

It's the humane thing to do. ...... :cool:

Naw........it ain't gonna kill him.

They will administer the lashes in increments........like 25 every other day with a doctor present.

It's the humane thing to do. ...... :cool:
Wrong thing to say if you want people to think you are a "moderate Muslim."

I remember several years ago when an American teenager vandalized some cars in Singapore (a non muslim country) and was sentenced to be beaten with a cane for his crime.

I wish we did that here in the U.S.. .......... :cool:

I remember several years ago when an American teenager vandalized some cars in Singapore (a non muslim country) and was sentenced to be beaten with a cane for his crime.

I wish we did that here in the U.S.. .......... :cool:
That punishment fit the crime. This does not. Even 25 lashes would be fatal to a 74 year old man because the skin of elderly people is so thin.

British Prime Minister David Cameron will write to the Saudi Arabian government to raise the case of an elderly Briton facing 350 lashes after being caught with homemade wine, his spokeswoman said on Tuesday.

“This is an extremely concerning case,” Cameron’s spokeswoman told reporters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It is extremely concerning? Yeah, it sure is. It sure is.

But, since the UK is a haven for hundreds of billions of Saudi money, nothing will happen.

Saudi Arabia is a barbaric society.

Thisbis why it's necessary to have laws against religious nonsense.
We don't have laws against bootlegging?
You can make your own wine, beer, or liquor whenever you want in this country. And when was the last time a bootlegger was sentenced to a lashing here?

God you're dumb.
No I'm right. You are wrong. The man was correctly punished for bootlegging. That's not a strictly religious law since we also have secular laws against bootlegging. After all, it was not for personal use, he was caught with bottles in the trunk of his car. That's distribution.

The difference is in the sentence. We don't sentence people to lashing.

When the teen in Singapore was lashed for a graffiti crime, no one went around saying this is crazy religious nonsense. What was it? Crazy secular nonsense.

Forum List

Back