Brit teachers drop Holocaust, Crusades to not offend Muslims

that colleges and high school are nothing more then liberal indoctrination centers. Its quite sadly really, it wasnt long ago, that american students were taught how to think not what to think, and teachers kept their liberals biases to themselves.

Good point. When Christains are attacked, insulted, and made the subjects of cartoons - I have NEVER seen Christians rioting in the streets, burning buildings, or beheading people out of anger and for revenge

that colleges and high school are nothing more then liberal indoctrination centers. Its quite sadly really, it wasnt long ago, that american students were taught how to think not what to think, and teachers kept their liberals biases to themselves.

and if you do not tell the teachers what you want to hear - you fail the course and/or or harassed

My word how some people will take any topic to say something negative about Christians. You know. I don't recall the Christians complaining that much until the minority of people in this country that are non Christians complained, complained, complained, about the 10 Commandments, the Pledge of Allegiance, and Christmas. One more thing. As much as the minority hates it; What made America great for so long was that our heritage was Christian values in this country. Even for the non believers, and other religions, the values were good for everyone. Now those values are being replaced. Yeah...But that has nothing at all to do with the turn of this country. It's all just a coincidence.

What is so wrong with the 10 commandments? Is it because it tells people how they need or should act and that threatens everyone? If you are in a court room and being tried for a simple infraction or a civil case then you need to heed the time you've wasted the county, state, and federal courts over your actions and if seeing the 10 commandments gets ya worked up then maybe changing your ways would make it easier on yourself.
Everyone wants some recognition and for what I don't know but my country the US was based on a Christian belief system. We can accept other religious beliefs if we like but we as a nation we should respect our foundation and not allow any other religion(s) to sway our history and freedoms.

What is so wrong with the 10 commandments? Is it because it tells people how they need or should act and that threatens everyone? If you are in a court room and being tried for a simple infraction or a civil case then you need to heed the time you've wasted the county, state, and federal courts over your actions and if seeing the 10 commandments gets ya worked up then maybe changing your ways would make it easier on yourself.
Everyone wants some recognition and for what I don't know but my country the US was based on a Christian belief system. We can accept other religious beliefs if we like but we as a nation we should respect our foundation and not allow any other religion(s) to sway our history and freedoms.

Since liberals claim they do not want to be judgemental - they consider them to be the Ten Suggestions

Now liberals can teach their beliefs as facts under the guise of "academic freedom"

And abroad
TODAY'S EDITORIAL
April 5, 2007

At least our Democratic lawmakers seeking to scrub the phrase "war on terrorism" from the public lexicon are a step or two behind Brussels. There, internal European Union directives now advise government spokesmen to avoid the term "Islamic terrorism" because it is "offensive." Other banned terms reportedly also include "jihad," "Islamic" and "fundamentalist." So, in European capitals, officials may now condemn "terrorists who abusively invoke Islam" when the next radical young Islamist blows apart a train or bus. This is newspeak for the 21st century.
The classified memorandum, obtained recently by the Daily Telegraph, is ostensibly a means to avoid confusion and unnecessary offense to Muslims. And surely there is a strong case to be made that referring to Islamist terrorists as "Islamic" or "jihadi" allows them an unjustifiable self-shrouding in the mantle of nonviolent Islamic traditions which they have no business exploiting.
But that's not what the document is about. It is about not being offensive. Europe's Muslim populations are growing rapidly. Muslim radicalism abounds. Accommodationism is on the rise.
How else to explain the prohibition on the term "fundamentalist"? Western societies at one point in the not-too-distant past could comfortably condemn "fundamentalist Islam" for its theocratic outlook on political and social life, for its repression of women and other modern-life incompatibilities. Now that is changing, too.
There are strong cases to modify the remaining prohibited terms, but not to throw them out altogether, as the document reportedly advocates. "Jihad," according to scholars of Islam, has nonviolent connotations of personal improvement which is part of mainstream Islam. A prohibition on blanket condemnations of "jihad" could make sense because it deprives terrorists of the legitimation nonviolent "jihad" offers and also shows nonviolent Muslims that the West understands the distinction. But "violent jihad" or "terrorist jihad" each make the distinction. There is nothing from the Eurocrats to that effect, however, just a blanket prohibition.
Of course, at this point, we're deep inside a world of phrase-parsing, which is where Eurocrats feel most comfortable.
Since Islamist terrorism shows no sign of abating, we will have no shortage of opportunities to demonstrate time and again how little sense all this makes.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20070404-091436-1968r.htm

The ten commandments are applicable to not only to christiniaty but to a judaism, islam, and religious highter standard of living.

Yeah no shit and to think that living better would be a good thing and be a lot less intrusive for all of us!....Who knew :wtf:
But one thing is it is job security for judges, lawyers, cops and members of the ACLU and all there loyal donors and accountants who file tax returns for the non-profit organizations against the 10 Commandments and I guess the list can go on for a while.....and that is scraping the bottom of the barrel on that one IMO

Yeah no shit and to think that living better would be a good thing and be a lot less intrusive for all of us!....Who knew :wtf:
But one thing is it is job security for judges, lawyers, cops and members of the ACLU and all there loyal donors and accountants who file tax returns for the non-profit organizations against the 10 Commandments and I guess the list can go on for a while.....and that is scraping the bottom of the barrel on that one IMO

The NY Times and Easter.............

NY Times Doesn't Get Meaning of Easter
Posted by Ken Shepherd on April 4, 2007 - 14:45.
UPDATE at bottom of post.

Our good friends at Get Religion noticed that the New York Times's Dining & Wine section had a bit of trouble today digesting the real meanings of Easter and Passover.

Now, to be fair, no one expects a newspaper's foodies to be experts on the finer points of theology, but it's pretty safe to say that knowing Easter celebrates the physical resurrection of Christ is not asking that much of someone writng a column about foods traditionally associated with the holiday.

That seems to escape the Times's Nancy Harmon Jenkins.

What follows is an excerpt from Get Religion (emphasis mine):

...there are all kinds of intelligent and appropriate religious and biblical references scattered throughout this feature story. Bravo. This is why it is rather interesting to bump into the follow descriptions of the Christian and Jewish seasons that provide the context for the story, in the first place:

Even for those who no longer observe the traditional 40-day fast, Holy Week brings a palpable sense of anticipation. This Sunday, unusually, Western and Orthodox Easter celebrations fall on the same day, while Passover is observed throughout Holy Week and Easter weekend.

If Passover celebrates the resurrection of a people from the death of slavery in Egypt, Easter affirms the resurrection of individual souls. But both reflect ancient beliefs, lodged deep in the Mediterranean psyche, about the resurrection of the natural world after winter’s death.

OK, raise your hand — or click your mouse — if you think that most readers of a national newspaper will find this description of the meaning of Easter a bit, well, lacking. Also, raise your hand if you think that most synagogue-attending Jews will find it strange that the God of Moses was left out of the Passover equation.

Resurrection of nature from the dead of winter? That's a decidedly New Agey, neo-pagan spin on high holidays of two decidedly non-pagan religions. And resurrection of souls is a decidedly gnostic, unorthodox take on Easter, considering Christianity teaches that Christ's physical resurrection to an imperishable, incorruptible body is a testimony to the future physical resurrection of the dead at the Last Judgment.

But then again, what else should we expect from the liberal media?

Last year, an MRC study noted a double standard for the media's treatment of religious fare dealing with orthodox Christianity. The media could not get enough of the decidedly unorthodox film "The DaVinci Code," but had a decidedly negative reception for the biblically faithful Mel Gibson account of "The Passion of the Christ."

UPDATE (15:08 EDT): A new poll shows that 75 percent of Americans who say they are not "born again" do believe Christ was physically resurrected from the dead. So even with relatively secular Americans, the NY Times is, once again, out of touch.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11821

The NY Times and Easter.............
And that is a stretch and they of all papers should be ashamed of that quote!
If Passover celebrates the resurrection of a people from the death of slavery in Egypt, Easter affirms the resurrection of individual souls.
I have to say Christ was resurrected from the grave 3 days after he died on my point here.
In our home we observe both the Passover and the celebration of Easter and we eat and enjoy many nice and common Jewish foods like:
Gefilte fish, Matzo Ball Soup, with borsch and we don’t do normally have the traditional Seder dinner. We wil have our Easter Feast on Sunday with our close family. So see I’m not Jewish although my wife grew up in a very Jewish community and I believe observing both of these traditions is very important to our beliefs. I’ve learned heaps about the Jewish culture and that helps me understand history as well. I’m open minded to these two specific religious cultures because I’ve been around them and I accept them. On the other hand about the Muslim religion I have no desire to become or be part of that life style; but I have read and completed some history fact finding to better understand many myths portrayed in our society these days. I use it as fact and fiction and we have a large portion of our society that is being snowed under a lot of fiction in that religion.

And that is a stretch and they of all papers should be ashamed of that quote!

I have to say Christ was resurrected from the grave 3 days after he died on my point here.
In our home we observe both the Passover and the celebration of Easter and we eat and enjoy many nice and common Jewish foods like:
Gefilte fish, Matzo Ball Soup, with borsch and we don’t do normally have the traditional Seder dinner. We wil have our Easter Feast on Sunday with our close family. So see I’m not Jewish although my wife grew up in a very Jewish community and I believe observing both of these traditions is very important to our beliefs. I’ve learned heaps about the Jewish culture and that helps me understand history as well. I’m open minded to these two specific religious cultures because I’ve been around them and I accept them. On the other hand about the Muslim religion I have no desire to become or be part of that life style; but I have read and completed some history fact finding to better understand many myths portrayed in our society these days. I use it as fact and fiction and we have a large portion of our society that is being snowed under a lot of fiction in that religion.

For the NY Times this is normal - why should you be surprised?

Very large Jewish community was my thought.

Since when has the NY Times ever been bothered with logic, reason, and truth?

If they paid more attention to those elements, they would not be losing money and laying off employees

Since when has the NY Times ever been bothered with logic, reason, and truth?

If they paid more attention to those elements, they would not be losing money and laying off employees

Well good points on that assumption. One thing is living off ones reputation can only last for so long.
Have you ever heard of the author Charles Sheldon? He wrote a book called:
In His Steps about a church and a one year promise to do things as Jesus did. This should really stir the pot with the liberals and it was speaking of a man and his news paper and how he changed everything among other things. Keep this in mind that this occurred around the turn of the twentieth century.
A link to view the history of "in his steps"
http://www.mastersimage.com/articles/ihs.htm

Well good points on that assumption. One thing is living off ones reputation can only last for so long.
Have you ever heard of the author Charles Sheldon? He wrote a book called:
In His Steps about a church and a one year promise to do things as Jesus did. This should really stir the pot with the liberals and it was speaking of a man and his news paper and how he changed everything among other things. Keep this in mind that this occurred around the turn of the twentieth century.
A link to view the history of "in his steps"
http://www.mastersimage.com/articles/ihs.htm

The NY Times has become nothing but the DNC's Daily Talking Points

• Thanks
Reactions: 90K
This is one of the NY Times better moments

NYT Sinks to New Low

The New York Times has posted on their website video and a photograph of the dying moments of Texas native Staff Sgt. Hector Leija after he had been shot in the head in Iraq, having never sought permission from the Pentagon. The reporters responsible have had their press passes suspended and the incident has caused extreme outrage around the country.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4513193.html

This is one of the NY Times better moments

NYT Sinks to New Low

The New York Times has posted on their website video and a photograph of the dying moments of Texas native Staff Sgt. Hector Leija after he had been shot in the head in Iraq, having never sought permission from the Pentagon. The reporters responsible have had their press passes suspended and the incident has caused extreme outrage around the country.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4513193.html

Why do you need to present that as news? and the link no worky? I got the page but no article?

Try this link. The NY Times did it, and the outrage is justified

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/new-york-times-posts-video-of-dying-us-soldier

Yeha it worked. So they are againsth the war, yet they have a job what a bunch of dicks! That is worse than the faces of death videos. No class at all and those members of the unit and family have to wear that vision forever. These idiots need some of their medicine back in the form of public humility to get the idea of a great move for the sake of money. In other words was it really worth it?

Forum List

Back