Bristol & Lifetime being sued

No he won't.

I was filed once at Pendleton Round Up. I was in the Let 'er Buck Room under the stands, whooping it up and having a blast.

My brother saw me on the evening news. I didn't sign a release. The guy popped off when cameras were rolling. He saw the cameras, he knew he was being filmed, they were WITH BRISTOL.

But you didn't speak, did you.

No. :)

yes, I did.

You got on mic? What did you say?

The guy is psycho. Drunken idiot attacks her when she's being filmed.

He is the biggest loser.

Okay. Bristol and Lifetime are being sued by the biggest loser, and since he didn't give permission for the footage to air, he will likely win.

This is 'old news' and has been around for a long time.
Is he going to sue The Young Turks and YouTube also?

The guy is psycho. Drunken idiot attacks her when she's being filmed.

He is the biggest loser.

Okay. Bristol and Lifetime are being sued by the biggest loser, and since he didn't give permission for the footage to air, he will likely win.

Not that I know of. I'm sure he knew the footage was on Youtube.

I do not know the difference, I just know that he didn't authorize them to use that footage on television.

Idiots win stupid lawsuits in this country everyday. Why not this guy?

I do not know the difference, I just know that he didn't authorize them to use that footage on television.
It's only on YouTube/Young Turks because it was first on TV.

No. The series hasn't started airing on Lifetime yet, as I understand it.

I figure either he's right and he'll win, or he's wrong and he won't.

OR they'll settle.

That's the foregone conclusion. It won't go to trial. And if there is a settlement, it means that the judge had deemed that it had merit to go forward.

No. The series hasn't started airing on Lifetime yet, as I understand it.
Different series, I believe.

Oops - I was confusing with Sarah Palin's Alaska.

I apologize for the error.

Last edited:
'Life's a Tripp' offers 'no-holds-barred' look at Bristol Palin's life - The Clicker

Bristol Palin says she is just a "grounded, normal mom", and is hoping her new reality TV show will prove it. "Life's a Tripp", which premieres on the Lifetime channel on Tuesday, June 19, is being promoted as an inside look at the life of "America's most famous teen mom" in the face of intense media scrutiny.

It follows the eldest daughter of polarizing conservative politician Sarah Palin as she embarks on her latest adventure - a move from her Wasilla, Alaska hometown to a Los Angeles mansion owned by a family friend, and back again -- along with her young son Tripp.

Palin burst onto the national scene four years ago in what she now calls "one of the most intense and embarrassing ways possible" as the accidentally pregnant, unmarried 17-year-old daughter of the 2008 Republican vice-presidential candidate.

She has since parlayed her notoriety into a lucrative career as a speaker on teen pregnancy prevention, a somewhat tongue-tied stint on "Dancing With the Stars", a 2011 memoir, a controversial blog, and now her own 10-episode reality show.

SO: they've been using the footage to promote the show, and he never signed off on it.

I can't find any law in California that restricts video recording in public...even using hidden cameras...and these cameras were conspicuous.

Eavesdropping upon or recording a conversation, whether by telephone or face-to-face, when a person would reasonably expect their conversation to be confined to the parties present, carries the same penalty as intercepting telephone or wire communications. A California appellate court ruled that a network’s broadcast of a news report that used excerpts from secret recordings during two patient examinations violated the privacy rights of the physician, who had a reasonable expectation that his communications with his patients would be private and not recorded. Lieberman v. KCOP Television, Inc. 110 Cal. App. 4th 156 (Cal. Ct. App. 2003).

But, conversations that occur at any public gathering where one could expect to be overheard, including any legislative, judicial or executive proceeding open to the public, are not covered by the statute. For example, when a television network used a hidden camera to videotape a conversation that took place at a business lunch meeting on a crowded outdoor patio of a public restaurant, the conduct did not violate the Penal Code’s prohibition against eavesdropping because it was not a “confidential communication.” Wilkins v. NBC, Inc., 71 Cal. App. 4th 1066 (Cal. Ct. App. 1999).

California | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

No he won't.

I was filed once at Pendleton Round Up. I was in the Let 'er Buck Room under the stands, whooping it up and having a blast.

My brother saw me on the evening news. I didn't sign a release. The guy popped off when cameras were rolling. He saw the cameras, he knew he was being filmed, they were WITH BRISTOL.
Did you sue?

It's a public place, the cameras weren't hidden..why would I sue?

Because you are not a worthless piece of shit.

I am soooooo sick of the Palin derrangement bullshit!!!!

Gawd what idiots!

They didn't get his permission.

Very illegal, bad and wrong.

A film crew is kind of hard to miss, BD. If you are being asked questions by someone holding a microphone and there's a camera pointed at you, is it not safe to think that you are being recorded?

Forum List

Back