Bringing some heat to the bird feeders

the watcher

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2016
I am tired of the yellow jackets mugging the hummingbirds, and I can't get at them with the flyswatter. Ordered an assalt shooter, and hope it can take down one of those european hornets. Those things are big AND mean. It also has a rail under the barrel for a flashlight and you can get a 2 point sling, as well as "special" tactical salt. Oh boy
salt.jpg

I am tired of the yellow jackets mugging the hummingbirds, and I can't get at them with the flyswatter. Ordered an assalt shooter, and hope it can take down one of those european hornets. Those things are big AND mean. It also has a rail under the barrel for a flashlight and you can get a 2 point sling, as well as "special" tactical salt. Oh boy View attachment 822093
What about getting rid of the Yellow Jacket nests?

What about getting rid of the Yellow Jacket nests?

Tried that. I had a big one in the ground right where I needed to rip out an old fence. I had to make it safe for the guys building the new fence so I had a pest guy come. They stayed gone long enough to get the fence done but started a new nest in the ground in almost exactly the same place!

I had made a couple of attempts at keeping mason bees, but the second year, the yellow jackets murdered them!

If I find them I will
Be advised, they can and do forage for up to 1/4 mile to a food source, such as fruit trees, but often live nearer to the food source. I am sure you have looked this up, before, but here is an article I found.

You guys must be talking about regular yellow jackets.

These are the commies who are destroying my apples....

Asian-giant-hornet-Washington-state-great.jpg

Be advised, they can and do forage for up to 1/4 mile to a food source, such as fruit trees, but often live nearer to the food source. I am sure you have looked this up, before, but here is an article I found.

When I tore down my above ground pool some years ago there was, of course, a lot of sand left where it was initially built.

That's where they were burrowing into the ground, even though I'd dropped about 10 inches of topsoil over it and laid sod.

I would not be surprised if there was a nest in the ground within 30 ft, if you are seeing many. Watch your ass. They can fk you up.

Yeah, there is. They basically operate the way that you said.

I emailed the bee lady over at the university about em. She sent a couple of interns out to snatch a few of em.

I usually go out in the evening with a wiffle bat and tee off on em as they fly in.

Same with the carpenter bees.

I would not be surprised if there was a nest in the ground within 30 ft, if you are seeing many. Watch your ass. They can fk you up.

Keep some Amish Black Salve around or look online and find out how to make it. If you do get stung, use it immediately.

I got stung and still had a slightly swollen, itchy spot a month later. I put black salve on it twice a day, and by the third day it was all better. Amazing stuff!

Yeah, there is. They basically operate the way that you said.

I emailed the bee lady over at the university about em. She sent a couple of interns out to snatch a few of em.

I usually go out in the evening with a wiffle bat and tee off on em as they fly in.

Same with the carpenter bees.

Sounds like fun.

Keep some Amish Black Salve around or look online and find out how to make it. If you do get stung, use it immediately.

I got stung and still had a slightly swollen, itchy spot a month later. I put black salve on it twice a day, and by the third day it was all better. Amazing stuff!

Gosh. I remember black salve. My grandma used to put that stuff on me to draw out splinters.

And now I just remembered mercurochrome. Ho lee sht. Whenever I got scraped up, especially on my knees, she'd say lemme go get the mercurochrome. I would go hide. lolol. That stuff stung like the dickins...

Forum List

Back