Brexit Trash - threat to democracy

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Ex-top civil servant likens Tory Brexiters to snake oil sellers

O’Donnell said honesty and objectivity ran through the core of civil servants “like a stick of rock”, and the forecasts which came from Whitehall would have been made in good faith.
Civil servants “look at the evidence and we go where it is”, he said. “Of course if you are selling snake oil, you don’t like the idea of experts testing your products.
“And I think that’s what we’ve got, this backlash against evidence and experts is because they know where the experts will go.”

We have already seen the attacks on the judiciary and now the civil service is the target of these fuckwits. Throughout it all Teresa May remains mute. Worse than Thatcher.

Correct me if I am wrong, but your fellow citizens agreed to exit the EU. That would be a majority, any reason you feel the minority should win a free election? Maybe your government should do what its citizens asked it to do and they would calm down. For a snake you may want to avoid the snake oil comparisons.

Correct me if I am wrong, but your fellow citizens agreed to exit the EU. That would be a majority, any reason you feel the minority should win a free election? Maybe your government should do what its citizens asked it to do and they would calm down. For a snake you may want to avoid the snake oil comparisons.
You are wrong.
The vote was to leave and the government are trying to get a deal that wont destroy the economy. At least I think that is what they are doing.
The hardcore brexits dont give a fuck what happens as long as we come out. They lash out like spoiled children when we go over every bump in the road. Putin will be purring.

You are wrong.
The vote was to leave and the government are trying to get a deal that wont destroy the economy. At least I think that is what they are doing.
The hardcore brexits dont give a fuck what happens as long as we come out. They lash out like spoiled children when we go over every bump in the road. Putin will be purring.

:auiqs.jpg:

No, I said the vote was to leave and the government was denying that outcome. The government needs to comply. i thought you were for democracy. You seem to only do that when its convenient for you.

You are wrong.

:auiqs.jpg:

No, I said the vote was to leave and the government was denying that outcome. The government needs to comply. i thought you were for democracy. You seem to only do that when its convenient for you.
The government are complying.Its a complex issue.

Brexit is an establishment movement. Dont you know that ?

Yeah ... That's why the government and civil service are fighting it so hard ... :113:
Of course you are probably one of those dupes that thinks the government has your interests in mind.

Brexit is an establishment movement. Dont you know that ?

Yeah ... That's why the government and civil service are fighting it so hard ... :113:
Of course you are probably one of those dupes that thinks the government has your interests in mind.

I am positive that this government doesnt have my interests in mind.

The civil service are pretty much neutral. they are careerists not political appointees. The government is split between leave and remain.

I think they have all accepted the result but the sensible majority want to make the best of it. The nutters dont give a shit.

The government are complying.Its a complex issue.

No, they are delaying, unless you think the government is too incompetent to operate.
Where is the delay ? We have triggered the clause and there is a 2 year timetable.There is a lot to do.
Dont get me wrong. At the end of it I want a vote on the deal. And I am confident that the UK will reject it and opt to stay in the EU.
But the Brexit trash are terrified about giving us that option and it is why they are acting like anti democratic shite.

There is just one, small problem: when it comes to censorship and the quashing of civil liberties, the UK doesn’t need any encouragement from the EU, or anybody else.

Take the issue of free speech. In Britain there are countless attacks on this fundamental freedom that have little or no connection to EU law. Evangelical street preachers are routinely arrested for public preaching; peaceful campaigners have been prosecuted for holding allegedly insulting signs; and the police have started labelling wolf-whistling a ‘hate crime’. None of this was EU-mandated.

Or take the issue of conscience. Elderly guesthouse-owners have been sued for daring to operate a room policy that corresponds to their deeply held convictions on marriage. Printers have been sued for refusing to print messages that they profoundly disagree with. And of course there is Ashers Bakery in Northern Ireland, sued by an arm of the state, the ironically named Equality Commission, because its owners could not in good conscience ice a cake with the slogan ‘Support Gay Marriage’.

Again, all these examples stem from British legislation that is not EU-mandated, and which actually goes well beyond the censorship that exists in many other European countries.

True, these examples are all connected to existing laws. Perhaps the new post-Brexit Britain will be a bastion of freedom going into the future. But again there’s a problem, because the biggest challenge to civil liberties in Britain today comes directly from the prime minister, Theresa May, and the legislation her government is proposing.

http://www.spiked-online.com/freesp...ean-assault-on-freedom-of-speech#.WosCkut4WrU

THE LAMPS ARE GOING ON ALL ACROSS EUROPE

Main German opposition to Angela Merkel now an anti-Euro, anti-mass migration party. Look at what’s going on in Hungary & Poland too – European public turning against EU. Where Brexit leads…

Word reaches us that the moderate, centrist Alternative für Deutschland is now the second most popular German party, leapfrogging a bunch of commies. That’s beautiful news. We know that our European friends further east intend to stay European too. And Italy is looking very interesting. With the general election at the beginning of March, the moderates, centrists and patriots there are on the up too.

Thanks to the tsunami primitive immigration, Left Wingery is on the retreat across the continent.

Posted in ATW

There is just one, small problem: when it comes to censorship and the quashing of civil liberties, the UK doesn’t need any encouragement from the EU, or anybody else.

Take the issue of free speech. In Britain there are countless attacks on this fundamental freedom that have little or no connection to EU law. Evangelical street preachers are routinely arrested for public preaching; peaceful campaigners have been prosecuted for holding allegedly insulting signs; and the police have started labelling wolf-whistling a ‘hate crime’. None of this was EU-mandated.

Or take the issue of conscience. Elderly guesthouse-owners have been sued for daring to operate a room policy that corresponds to their deeply held convictions on marriage. Printers have been sued for refusing to print messages that they profoundly disagree with. And of course there is Ashers Bakery in Northern Ireland, sued by an arm of the state, the ironically named Equality Commission, because its owners could not in good conscience ice a cake with the slogan ‘Support Gay Marriage’.

Again, all these examples stem from British legislation that is not EU-mandated, and which actually goes well beyond the censorship that exists in many other European countries.

True, these examples are all connected to existing laws. Perhaps the new post-Brexit Britain will be a bastion of freedom going into the future. But again there’s a problem, because the biggest challenge to civil liberties in Britain today comes directly from the prime minister, Theresa May, and the legislation her government is proposing.

The European assault on freedom of speech
You need to add some content of your own. This is just cutnpaste.

Don't try that one.

:bigboy:

Don't try that one.

Add some content - if you can think of anything.

Don't try that one.

Add some content - if you can think of anything.

That won't work either.

Forum List

Back