Brett Farve is pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
2cb85_ORIG-I_LIKE_WHERE_THIS_THREAD_IS_GOING.jpg

Nothing to do with the thing about his zipper-issues.

Just the fact that he is disrespecting the game - limping around like a cripple, and tossing up grap-bag intercepts (always was reckless) - when he shouild have retired the first time he said he was - 5 years ago

Just the fact that he is disrespecting the game - limping around like a cripple, and tossing up grap-bag intercepts (always was reckless) - when he shouild have retired the first time he said he was - 5 years ago

:clap2: <--- from a Vikings fan.

Wasn't any great shakes in his prime.............

Handled the football like a hot potatoe

He is not as good as he was when he won the Super Bowl and he will be even worse when he is dead. Time tends to do that.

You folks act like you've never heard of a well-known sports personality knocking on the wrong hen house door. When you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar, you have to talk to Mama. We'll be hearing from Mama shortly.

when he threw the putative touchdown to Harvin he sure didn't have too many problems with his ankle hopping around like a mad man then but sure was limping every other time.

SHould have stayed retired in 2005

I disagree with that.He was just a boneheaded interception away last year from taking the Vikings to the superbowl.If he doesnt make that mental mistake of throwing that interception and just runs for the first down like he should have,its the Vikings and Colts in the superbowl instead of The Saints.if he does that smart little thing,the Vikings make it back to the superbowl for the first time in a couple decades or so and probably win it.I think the saints and vikings were the two best teams in the final four last year.He should have retired last year though but since he came back,he is going to be remembered in the same way Warren Moon and Joe Namath are,two quarterbacks who played past their prime and were washed up and pathetic towards the end of their careers.

SHould have stayed retired in 2005

I disagree with that.He was just a boneheaded interception away last year from taking the Vikings to the superbowl.If he doesnt make that mental mistake of throwing that interception and just runs for the first down like he should have,its the Vikings and Colts in the superbowl instead of The Saints.if he does that smart little thing,the Vikings make it back to the superbowl for the first time in a couple decades or so and probably win it.I think the saints and vikings were the two best teams in the final four last year.He should have retired last year though but since he came back,he is going to be remembered in the same way Warren Moon and Joe Namath are,two quarterbacks who played past their prime and were washed up and pathetic towards the end of their careers.
Research the phrase, "Gambler's Ruin".

One interception too long. One year too long and his legacy can be destroyed. That's what Favre has succumbed to.

He's definitely not as good as he was last year. Of course, last year may have been one of the best in his career. At the risk of sounding like an apologist... last week he was just six inches away from helping to bring a comeback win, so I don't think he's completely lost it. He's got drama off the field for sure, but expectations aside he's still a better quarterback than most in the league and is the better option over Jackson.

I hope the Vikings are looking to acquire a different starting QB for next year, and don't leave themselves hanging on Favre to make yet another career decision. At this point I think his focus is on keeping his consecutive starts streak going, and that's what's keeping him on the field through injuries more than the desire to help the Vikings to a championship. I won't be surprised if Jackson finishes today's game if it's not close in the third quarter.

He's definitely not as good as he was last year. Of course, last year may have been one of the best in his career. At the risk of sounding like an apologist... last week he was just six inches away from helping to bring a comeback win, so I don't think he's completely lost it. He's got drama off the field for sure, but expectations aside he's still a better quarterback than most in the league and is the better option over Jackson.

I hope the Vikings are looking to acquire a different starting QB for next year, and don't leave themselves hanging on Favre to make yet another career decision. At this point I think his focus is on keeping his consecutive starts streak going, and that's what's keeping him on the field through injuries more than the desire to help the Vikings to a championship. I won't be surprised if Jackson finishes today's game if it's not close in the third quarter.

Favre is a HOF QB and he deserves the start, but he should be on the bench from the second series on. Obviously, the Vikes are not a winner with him in there. Give Jackson a chance. At this rate, the Vikes finish 6-10 and they need a QB next year toi be able to play.

Jackson may not be the level of Favre last year, but neither is Favre.

Favre is a HOF QB and he deserves the start, but he should be on the bench from the second series on. Obviously, the Vikes are not a winner with him in there. Give Jackson a chance. At this rate, the Vikes finish 6-10 and they need a QB next year toi be able to play.

Jackson may not be the level of Favre last year, but neither is Favre.

The Vikings have obviously lost faith in Jackson in the fact that they acquired Favre in the first place as their starter.The smart thing for them to do would be after this season is over,acquire a veteran such as backup QB John Kitna of the Cowboys to be the starter for next season and draft and develop a a quarterback from the draft this fall like the Rams did,the vikings arent going anywhere this year so they will have a high pick and have him watch on the bench for a year and learn from Kitna.Jackson is obviously not the answer.
But yeah your right,thats the only reason Favre is still playing to keep that consecutive streaks still intact.He defientely wont be back next year with all these injurys he is getting this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back