BREAKING: Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) announces he will not run again...

That's why Kelli Ward beat McCain so badly, right?

Trump won Arizona by 4%...Flake opposed Trump and he's dropping out.

Trump won Tennessee by 26%...Corker opposed Trump, and he's dropped out.

If McCain were up for re-election, he'd be dropping out too.

As an aside...Trump won Missouri by 19%...incumbent Republican Senator Roy Blount eeked out a win on the same ballot by a measly 2%.

You don't get it.

Trump won Arizona by 4% (within the margin of error).

During that same election cycle, McCain beat Ward (a huge Trumpster) by double digits in the primary, and beat the Democrat challenger in the general by double digits as well.

Since then, Trump has only lost support.

So, it just a huge coincidence that the Republicans who are so far out of the realm of possibility for re-election That they are dropping out of their races and going home just HAPPEN to be the same Republicans that oppose the Trump agenda?

Come on :rolleyes:... I was born at night, but it weren't LAST night.

I have no doubt that Flake and Corker have decided not to run for reelection because they're worried about being primaried. That's not the real issue here.

Ward will almost certainly lose the general. Flake, if he ran again, would almost certainly win.

I am not so sure of that. However Flake's chances of winning are better than Ward's. I think Flake has been damaged by his votes to kick millions off of their insurance.

He and Bob Corker are leaving because of Trump. Here is the video on his speech.
Republican Sen. Jeff Flake won't run for re-election - CNNPolitics

They can no longer "pretend" that they support Donald Trump. I imagine we'll have other U.S. Senators jump on this band wagon fairly quickly.

I think the walls are caving in on Trump fairly quickly here.

Have you noticed that it is only GOP types who are announcing their resignation?

Democrats are going down in the next election. They don't have to resign.

Nope 2018 is going to be a bloodbath for Republicans.
Trump Disapproval Rating Nears 70 Percent: Poll
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval!

There might be a "bloodbath" in the House, but Republicans are pretty safe in the Senate next year. They've only got 9 or so seats up this time.

Why would there be a bloodbath in the House? Do you think that many Democrats are going to defeated?

Republican incumbents in the House are pretty safe. They have passed the legislation we wanted.

That is why they are at risk. Also whether Obamacare should be repealed or whether it should be fixed could be the issue.

Doesn't Sarah Palin owns some property in Arizona? Want to see libs heads explode?

She sold that house. She is too much of a coward to run. She wants to be a backseat driver. If she sounds like Trump, I wouldn't vote for her for dogcatcher and the only reason I voted for McCain was because of Palin. I certainly misjudge her character or lack thereof.

There might be a "bloodbath" in the House, but Republicans are pretty safe in the Senate next year. They've only got 9 or so seats up this time.

Why would there be a bloodbath in the House? Do you think that many Democrats are going to defeated?

Republican incumbents in the House are pretty safe. They have passed the legislation we wanted.

:lol:

Who's this "we" that you claim to speak for?

My dog. He is smarter than every lib I know.

So, because you and your dog are happy with Trump, that leads you to believe that Republican incumbents are pretty safe?

Well, I guess that's it, then. No need to even hold the elections.

If a Democrat could win a seat in my state outside of the major cities, it would be major news. Congressional elections are almost never close. Most of our state's House delegation runs unopposed or if not they are opposed by someone who sticks their name on the ballot for fun.

That's why Kelli Ward beat McCain so badly, right?

Trump won Arizona by 4%...Flake opposed Trump and he's dropping out.

Trump won Tennessee by 26%...Corker opposed Trump, and he's dropped out.

If McCain were up for re-election, he'd be dropping out too.

As an aside...Trump won Missouri by 19%...incumbent Republican Senator Roy Blount eeked out a win on the same ballot by a measly 2%.

You don't get it.

Trump won Arizona by 4% (within the margin of error).

During that same election cycle, McCain beat Ward (a huge Trumpster) by double digits in the primary, and beat the Democrat challenger in the general by double digits as well.

Since then, Trump has only lost support.

So, it just a huge coincidence that the Republicans who are so far out of the realm of possibility for re-election That they are dropping out of their races and going home just HAPPEN to be the same Republicans that oppose the Trump agenda?

Come on :rolleyes:... I was born at night, but it weren't LAST night.

I have no doubt that Flake and Corker have decided not to run for reelection because they're worried about being primaried. That's not the real issue here.

Ward will almost certainly lose the general. Flake, if he ran again, would almost certainly win.

I am not so sure of that. However Flake's chances of winning are better than Ward's. I think Flake has been damaged by his votes to kick millions off of their insurance.

Can you name one person who has been kicked off of their insurance?

I didn't think so because it hasn't happened.

Have you noticed that it is only GOP types who are announcing their resignation?

That is why they are at risk. Also whether Obamacare should be repealed or whether it should be fixed could be the issue.

Republican incumbents in the House will be reelected. It is almost always a certainty.

Those on Obamcare don't vote Republican anyway.

based on the lack of support Low Energy Flake has from the people of Arizona, this is a good move!

It is the only issue here. Opposition to Trumps agenda is now the kiss of political death for incumbent Republicans...that is far mord important than whether Dems get a pick up or not in Arizona. You need to think more strategically and less tactically.
You're going to lose some skirmishes on the way to laying claim to the battlefield. I'm not conceding Arizona...in all honesty I don't follow state level politics in any state other than my own. Trump is solidifying his power over the political fortunes of these political insiders...and that is more important than individual races.

Republican incumbents in the House will be reelected. It is almost always a certainty.

Really? Then why'd Drumpf run on making it better?

Low Energy Jeff Flake becomes the 5th GOP senator whose career was ended by his vote for Marco Rubio's amnesty bill. Nine to go.

Incumbent senators almost never lose re-election. Five of 14 GOPers to vote for Rubio's 2013 amnesty: GONE! But they'll never learn.

DM7sXacXUAE4K3D.jpg

Last edited:
"reckless, outrageous and undignified behaviour" at the top of the US government was dangerous to democracy. ....
US Republican majority leader
Mitch McConnell said he had "witnessed a speech from a very fine man",

one for sure , USA has a bright future with such elite... comments?

"
A US Republican senator says he will not seek re-election, delivering a fierce attack on President Donald Trump.

Arizona Senator Jeff Flake said "reckless, outrageous and undignified behaviour" at the top of the US government was dangerous to democracy.

Mr Trump has previously called Mr Flake "toxic".

The US president is already embroiled in a row with another Republican Senator, Bob Corker....
"We must never regard as 'normal' the regular and casual undermining of our democratic norms and ideals," he said.

He lamented the "flagrant disregard for truth or decency, the reckless provocations, most often for the pettiest and most personal reasons".
"

Second Republican senator blasts Trump

Really? Then why'd Drumpf run on making it better?

Anything than what we had is better, including gutting it completely.

Right now, on all 3 cable news channels, Sen. Jeff Flake is announcing that he will not run again for office.

Apparently, he's not happy about serving in a screwed up Congress under a president with no leadership qualities. And, he's not just talking about Trump, he's talking about the whole government, from the backbiting and fighting in Congress between the members all the way up to Trump and the way he's doing things.

He really doesn't sound happy about the way Congress and the government has divided itself.

Arizona's Jeff Flake announces he will not seek re-election to U.S. Senate

The bombshell, which Flake, R-Ariz., intended to detail Tuesday afternoon on the Senate floor, will further roil Republican hopes of keeping the party's 52-seat Senate majority in the midterm elections of Trump's first term, when the president's party historically loses seats in Congress.

It also likely will upend the race for Flake's seat.

Flake, one of the Senate's more prominent critics of President Donald Trump, has been struggling in the polls.

He told The Arizona Republic ahead of his announcement that he has become convinced "there may not be a place for a Republican like me in the current Republican climate or the current Republican Party."

'Here's the bottom line ...'
Flake said he has not "soured on the Senate" and loves the institution, but that as a traditional, libertarian-leaning conservative Republican he is out of step with today's Trump-dominated GOP.

"This spell will pass, but not by next year," Flake said.

Among Republican primary voters, there's overwhelming support for Trump's positions and "behavior," Flake said, and one of their top concerns is whether a candidate is with the president or against him. While Flake said he is with Trump on some issues, on other issues he is not. And Trump definitely views him as a foe, having denounced Flake publicly and called him "toxic" on Twitter.

"Here's the bottom line: The path that I would have to travel to get the Republican nomination is a path I'm not willing to take, and that I can't in good conscience take," Flake told The Republic in a telephone interview. "It would require me to believe in positions I don't hold on such issues as trade and immigration and it would require me to condone behavior that I cannot condone."

No, he just knows he'll be slaughtered in any election against the person bannon runs against him. He wasn't a conservative anyway so the repubs won't be missing him.

Who's this "we" that you claim to speak for?

My dog. He is smarter than every lib I know.

So, because you and your dog are happy with Trump, that leads you to believe that Republican incumbents are pretty safe?

Well, I guess that's it, then. No need to even hold the elections.
Rockwell has been consulting with his dog, Seer, again?

Forum List

Back