BREAKING: Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) announces he will not run again...

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Right now, on all 3 cable news channels, Sen. Jeff Flake is announcing that he will not run again for office.

Apparently, he's not happy about serving in a screwed up Congress under a president with no leadership qualities. And, he's not just talking about Trump, he's talking about the whole government, from the backbiting and fighting in Congress between the members all the way up to Trump and the way he's doing things.

He really doesn't sound happy about the way Congress and the government has divided itself.

Arizona's Jeff Flake announces he will not seek re-election to U.S. Senate

The bombshell, which Flake, R-Ariz., intended to detail Tuesday afternoon on the Senate floor, will further roil Republican hopes of keeping the party's 52-seat Senate majority in the midterm elections of Trump's first term, when the president's party historically loses seats in Congress.

It also likely will upend the race for Flake's seat.

Flake, one of the Senate's more prominent critics of President Donald Trump, has been struggling in the polls.

He told The Arizona Republic ahead of his announcement that he has become convinced "there may not be a place for a Republican like me in the current Republican climate or the current Republican Party."

'Here's the bottom line ...'
Flake said he has not "soured on the Senate" and loves the institution, but that as a traditional, libertarian-leaning conservative Republican he is out of step with today's Trump-dominated GOP.

"This spell will pass, but not by next year," Flake said.

Among Republican primary voters, there's overwhelming support for Trump's positions and "behavior," Flake said, and one of their top concerns is whether a candidate is with the president or against him. While Flake said he is with Trump on some issues, on other issues he is not. And Trump definitely views him as a foe, having denounced Flake publicly and called him "toxic" on Twitter.

"Here's the bottom line: The path that I would have to travel to get the Republican nomination is a path I'm not willing to take, and that I can't in good conscience take," Flake told The Republic in a telephone interview. "It would require me to believe in positions I don't hold on such issues as trade and immigration and it would require me to condone behavior that I cannot condone."

Yes! Yes! Yes! Screw you RINO.

"The announcement caught Washington by surprise, even though Flake's repeated criticisms of Trump had thrown serious doubt on whether he could survive a primary challenge against former state Sen. Kelli Ward.

"There may not be a place for a Republican like me in the current Republican climate or the current Republican Party," Flake told the paper.

AND.....

Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon has been gathering Trump loyalists and conservative grass roots forces in an effort to back primary challengers to senators, including Flake, who had been perceived as disloyal to Trump.

Flake drops out of Senate race

So browbeating is not in fashion for elected officials?

Dunno, but apparently Flake thinks there is too much petty infighting in Congress and they don't want to work together.

Guess he's tired of not being able to do his job because of all the gridlock and infighting.

Right now, on all 3 cable news channels, Sen. Jeff Flake is announcing that he will not run again for office.

Apparently, he's not happy about serving in a screwed up Congress under a president with no leadership qualities. And, he's not just talking about Trump, he's talking about the whole government, from the backbiting and fighting in Congress between the members all the way up to Trump and the way he's doing things.

He really doesn't sound happy about the way Congress and the government has divided itself.

The bombshell, which Flake, R-Ariz., intended to detail Tuesday afternoon on the Senate floor, will further roil Republican hopes of keeping the party's 52-seat Senate majority in the midterm elections of Trump's first term, when the president's party historically loses seats in Congress.

Flake, one of the Senate's more prominent critics of President Donald Trump, has been struggling in the polls.

He told The Arizona Republic ahead of his announcement that he has become convinced "there may not be a place for a Republican like me in the current Republican climate or the current Republican Party."

Flake said he has not "soured on the Senate" and loves the institution, but that as a traditional, libertarian-leaning conservative Republican he is out of step with today's Trump-dominated GOP.

Among Republican primary voters, there's overwhelming support for Trump's positions and "behavior," Flake said, and one of their top concerns is whether a candidate is with the president or against him. While Flake said he is with Trump on some issues, on other issues he is not. And Trump definitely views him as a foe, having denounced Flake publicly and called him "toxic" on Twitter.

"Here's the bottom line: The path that I would have to travel to get the Republican nomination is a path I'm not willing to take, and that I can't in good conscience take," Flake told The Republic in a telephone interview. "It would require me to believe in positions I don't hold on such issues as trade and immigration and it would require me to condone behavior that I cannot condone."
Don't blame him......getting out while he can....maybe looking for a bomb bunker somewhere too.

Dunno, but apparently Flake thinks there is too much petty infighting in Congress and they don't want to work together.

Guess he's tired of not being able to do his job because of all the gridlock and infighting.
I thought that was normal operation...

Actually, if you were to look at how DC has worked in the past, all the way up to about halfway through Jr.'s presidency, they actually DID work together to get things done.

Then..............under Jr. DC became infected with the "us or them" mentality because of 9/11 and the ensuing wars, and then when Obama was elected, half of Congress said that we needed to take our country back from the "liberal left", which resulted in even more division.

Trump saw the division and capitalized on it, which is why he got elected. He has no interest in uniting the country, because it's easier for him to demagogue if he can keep them divided.

This is the most excellent news. :banana:

Flake knew he had zero chance at re-election. so he threw in the towel

POTUS takes another scalp and is draining the swamp

#MAGA

-Geaux

No, he read the writing on the wall.

He is toast for being an obstructionist

-Geaux

Forum List

Back