Breaking NFL to be stripped of Federal Funding

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
BREAKING: NFL TO BE STRIPPED OF FEDERAL FUNDING
Amid the growing furor over the NFL’s acceptance of its players disrespecting our nation, the league is receiving some bad news from Washington.

As many are aware, the NFL benefits from billions in taxpayer subsidies, which help team owners build extravagant stadiums they claim help improve the local economies. However, with the recent spate of protests on the field, people from all over the country have been ...................
------------------------------------------------------------
upload_2017-9-29_20-46-50.png

National Anthem Protests Put Pressure On Lawmakers To Defund Sports Arenas
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is going to be EXCELLENT!! Once again fk the ppl and we'll screw back ten times worse.

Budweiser is considering pulling their nfl advertising. Call
1-800-342-5283, press 1, Tell them your thoughts.
1f1fa_1f1f8.png

Budweiser is thinking of pulling their funding? Got a link for that?

How much federal money do you think goes into the construction of sports arenas?

this is what the congressmen in June, before Trump's tweets about it...

and here's a clue, it has NOTHING to do with the flag or kneeling or the anthem...

Last June, New Jersey Democratic Sen. Cory Booker and Republican Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford put forth a bill that would ban professional sports teams from using municipal bonds in relation to federal funding to build their sports arenas.

“Professional sports teams generate billions of dollars in revenue,” Booker said in a statement. “There’s no reason why we should give these multimillion-dollar businesses a federal tax break to build new stadiums. It’s not fair to finance these expensive projects on the backs of taxpayers, especially when wealthy teams end up reaping most of the benefits.”

The Oklahoma Republican senator agreed, saying, “The federal government is responsible for a lot of important functions, but financing sports stadiums for multi-million – sometimes billion – dollar franchises is definitely not one of them.”

I thought it was only the local cities and municipalities that were on the hook for these billion dollar stadiums. Had no idea that any federal funds at all were being spent on these. If so, it should come to an end immediately. I don't give a damn about the stupid "protests" either, it just isn't an appropriate use of taxpayer money.

and here's a clue, it has NOTHING to do with the flag or kneeling or the anthem...

Last June, New Jersey Democratic Sen. Cory Booker and Republican Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford put forth a bill that would ban professional sports teams from using municipal bonds in relation to federal funding to build their sports arenas.

“Professional sports teams generate billions of dollars in revenue,” Booker said in a statement. “There’s no reason why we should give these multimillion-dollar businesses a federal tax break to build new stadiums. It’s not fair to finance these expensive projects on the backs of taxpayers, especially when wealthy teams end up reaping most of the benefits.”

The Oklahoma Republican senator agreed, saying, “The federal government is responsible for a lot of important functions, but financing sports stadiums for multi-million – sometimes billion – dollar franchises is definitely not one of them.”
The flag controversy could easily be the tipping point that makes it happen.

• Banned

or that's how little people pay attention , it's been going on that lonnnng. Duuuuh. Then add this kneel bs to it and there you have it. Even more reason to PULL IT.

no doubt, especially with our president jumping in and his fervent followers on a revenge trip.... :rolleyes:

I DO AGREE with it though....I don't think the Feds should back the municipal bonds or give support with our tax dollars towards the very profitable NFL teams....

though now, they could probably sue the government cuz of President Trump's actions, for the government intentionally hurting their private business by riling the troops against this private enterprise.... that's what Trump's entrance in to the controversy did....they could probably prove it too, showing the malcontent before and after Pres Trump's comments...

no doubt, especially with our president jumping in and his fervent followers on a revenge trip.... :rolleyes:

I DO AGREE with it though....I don't think the Feds should back the municipal bonds or give support with our tax dollars towards the very profitable NFL teams....

though now, they could probably sue the government cuz of President Trump's actions, for the government intentionally hurting their private business by riling the troops against this private enterprise.... that's what Trump's entrance in to the controversy did....they could probably prove it too, showing the malcontent before and after Pres Trump's comments...
I'm sure many left wing judges would agree; however, Trump used no other presidential power other than the "bully pulpit" in this matter.

mmm ... I wonder which popular USA spectator sport divisive Democrats want to ruin next, I'm thinking the NBA...

I'm sure many left wing judges would agree; however, Trump used no other presidential power other than the "bully pulpit" in this matter.
correct, he did use his Presidential bully pulpit, and that could be, enough?:dunno:

correct, he did use his Presidential bully pulpit, and that could be, enough?:dunno:
That would set a bad precedent.

Conspiracy lmfao... and we wonder why such idiots wanted to vote for Hillary Clinton ow you can see why. Their heads are still stuck up her ass. Oh wait maybe that's Obama.

mmm ... I wonder which popular USA spectator sport divisive Democrats want to ruin next, I'm thinking the NBA...

Or maybe America's favorite pastime. Definitely one or the other.

You know what? Those jokers make too much money for what they do anyways.

It's looking like that will change sooner rather than later right now.

That would set a bad precedent.
yeah, it probably would....but I will say....I don't think there's another President that would ever do what Trump did or use his bully pulpit in that manner....so the precedence by the courts would die with his exit of office...

you can be darn sure if President Trump owned the NFL and Obama used his bully pulpit to defame and harm his business in the pocketbook, he would sue....

Forum List

Back