breaking news: Republicans asked iran to delay prisoner swap until after presidential election

Proof that dani's op is bogus is that Hillary hasn't said a word.

what??
If the claim by Sham is true it would be in our headlines...Hillary would be yelling about it. It would be very bad for republicans. There is no such reporting here.

maybe you should wait for it.
maybe this scandal can hurt rubio or ........
but its good for outsider like trump and hildabeast :biggrin: dont want trump

what??
If the claim by Sham is true it would be in our headlines...Hillary would be yelling about it. It would be very bad for republicans. There is no such reporting here.

Sorry...not even the liberal crazies on USMB are believing it. Tell Sham to think again...

what??

Sorry...not even the liberal crazies on USMB are believing it. Tell Sham to think again...
just wait darling.wait

what??

just wait darling.wait
No one has called me darling in my life. I don't fit the description.

Members of the US Republican Party asked Iranian officials to delay a recent prisoner swap until after the November presidential election because they were worried about Obama winning a public victory ahead of the polls, according to an Iranian admiral.
“We were carrying out negotiations with the Obama administration, when representatives of the Republican Party got in touch with us,” Admiral Ali Shamkhani, secretary of the Supreme National Security Council of Iran, told France 24. “As a favor, they asked us to do what we could to hinder the talks and to push them back until after the next US presidential elections – in other words, after President Obama’s departure.”
hc-op-ignatius-ali-shamkhani-iranian-nuclear-talks-1102-20141031

“I felt that this rivalry at the heart of American power was inappropriate,” Shamkhani added. “It seems that the Republicans relegated humanity to second place after political expediency, which I found very surprising. But we succeeded, and the prisoners were released during Obama’s mandate.”

The January prisoner swap saw Iran release four US citizens as part of the deal, including Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian. A fifth person, student Matthew Trevithick, was also released. In return, the US pardoned seven Iranians being held for sanctions violations, and dropped charges against 14 others.

Rezaian was arrested in his home in Tehran in July 2014, along with his Iranian wife – also a journalist – and two friends. He was charged with espionage in a closed-door trial in May 2015 and sentenced to jail several months later. The final charges and the term of sentencing were not made public. His wife was released on bail in October 2015, and is facing a separate trial.

The other Americans released were businessman Siamak Namazi, Pastor Saeed Abedini, student Matthew Trevithick, and former US Marine Amir Hekmati.

Of the seven Iranians released, six also had US citizenship and none of them chose to return to Iran.

The prisoner swap deal was part of a series of goodwill gestures ahead of the lifting of international sanctions against Tehran, a result of its compliance with a nuclear deal.

There is no Republican advantage to preventing a tiny (because nobody really cares) Obama victory.

just wait darling.wait
sorry

just wait darling.wait
sorry
Darling is a term of love...usually uttered by a woman to a man who just bought her something. When a man uses it to a woman it is usually after she has told him to go fuck himself.

personally, I would not be surprised if it were true, since the Republicans did send a letter to Iran to back stab the Administration's Iranian negotiations/deal.

plus we know what the Republicans did with the Iranian hostage deal, which was ask the Iranians to hold off on releasing our hostages till after the election...

so, it is very possible....

HOWEVER, I'm with g5000, give us the names and proof this happened, then and only then... can it truly be believed and the perps can be put in orange jumpsuits.
You somehow managed to outstupid Dani.

Good grief...just stop
just admit that repubs are corrupt assholes. It's not that hard.

Go away ankle snapper, you've proven again again you're a clueless asshole
And you've proven your knee jerk defense of anything republican.

GFY Billy Boy, I'm tired of your infantile MSNBC induced rants
Post 47....can I get an amen?

Good grief...just stop
just admit that repubs are corrupt assholes. It's not that hard.

Go away ankle snapper, you've proven again again you're a clueless asshole
And you've proven your knee jerk defense of anything republican.

GFY Billy Boy, I'm tired of your infantile MSNBC induced rants
Post 47....can I get an amen?

LMAO Tru dat

"breaking news: Republicans asked iran to delay prisoner swap until after presidential election"

This didn't happen.

But it certainly sounds like something republicans might do, particularly given that idiotic letter Congressional republicans sent to Iran whining about the nuclear accord.

Forum List

Back