Breaking News: Obama Announces Plan To Release Another 17 Gitmo Jihadists

you fricken libs, these people are not like convenience store robbers, they are not entitled to constitutional protections. they are enemy combatants. They were trying to kill YOU and ME. They still want to kill YOU and ME.

I do agree that they should have all had a military tribunal by now and either been locked up for life or sent home. Why hasn't Obama made that happen? Why did he trade 4 of the worst for one deserter? Whose side is obozo really on?
Every human is entitled to constitutional protections...that is why we wrote them

nice sentiment, but totally misplaced. Yes, the founders of this nation believed that all humans are entitled to basic freedoms, but they were also aware that they could only protect and guarantee those freedoms in this country.

No matter how much you libs wish it was otherwise, the US constitution only applies to people who are either US citizens or are in this country legally.

No
The U.S. Constitution defines how government must behave.
Our founding fathers would be ashamed

Yes, it does. The government of the USA. The constitutional rights apply to the USA, what is it about that that you don't understand?
It applies to those we prosecute and detain

yes, but not to enemy combatants, i.e. prisoners of war. Those people in Gitmo are not entitled to constitutional protections.

In a time of war, this is something a true constitutional natural born citizen president would never do. Unfortunately, we have a president ineligible for Article 2 Section 1 who waa born without sole allegiance to America and its founding principles, a person who should have never been elected. This is proof he stands with the enemy as he said he would if the winds changed in an ugly direction.

Obama White House to Release Another 17 Gitmo Jihadists So They Can Kill More Americans - The Gateway Pundit
As bad as it may sound, it is better letting them go than letting them on American soil(stateside). If we let them stateside(trial in civilian courts, imprisonment in civilian prisons), they win then...

They should never be given civilian trials, they are war criminals and should have been tried by military tribunals years ago. I blame Bush and Obama for letting this stew for so long.
Give them a fucking trial
Civilian or military

If they are guilty....define a sentence
If they are innocent ...let them go

why hasn't Obama done that? he has had 7 years.
I agree...Obama is a pussy

Try them or set them free

Innocent until proven guilty

you almost have it. innocent until proven guilty does not apply to prisoners of war. They are guilty of being at war with the USA. The only issue is how long their sentence should be, or whether we release them out of some sort of compassion.

It's Obama's version of the Catch and Release Program for Terrorists!

Do you have any proof they are terrorists that will hold up in a court of law?

If so, try them and sentence them to a defined period of imprisonment
They are sitting in Gitmo. That is proof.
What crime did they commit they should be in jail?

Prove they are guilty or let them go....It is the American way

you fricken libs, these people are not like convenience store robbers, they are not entitled to constitutional protections. they are enemy combatants. They were trying to kill YOU and ME. They still want to kill YOU and ME.

I do agree that they should have all had a military tribunal by now and either been locked up for life or sent home. Why hasn't Obama made that happen? Why did he trade 4 of the worst for one deserter? Whose side is obozo really on?
Every human is entitled to constitutional protections...that is why we wrote them
Wrong. They apply to people in this country.
Unless you want to see our soldiers reading the Talibam their rights before they shoot them.

In a time of war, this is something a true constitutional natural born citizen president would never do. Unfortunately, we have a president ineligible for Article 2 Section 1 who waa born without sole allegiance to America and its founding principles, a person who should have never been elected. This is proof he stands with the enemy as he said he would if the winds changed in an ugly direction.

Obama White House to Release Another 17 Gitmo Jihadists So They Can Kill More Americans - The Gateway Pundit
As bad as it may sound, it is better letting them go than letting them on American soil(stateside). If we let them stateside(trial in civilian courts, imprisonment in civilian prisons), they win then...

They should never be given civilian trials, they are war criminals and should have been tried by military tribunals years ago. I blame Bush and Obama for letting this stew for so long.
Civilian or military

Guilt or innocence implies a criminal charge.
What crime did these people commit?

Civilian or military

you almost have it. innocent until proven guilty does not apply to prisoners of war. They are guilty of being at war with the USA. The only issue is how long their sentence should be, or whether we release them out of some sort of compassion.
OK...POW
But you can't play both sides of the fence
Want to call them POWs, give them the rights of POWs
Want to call them criminals, give them the rights of criminals

Civilian or military

OK...POW

they currently have rights beyond those proscribed for POWS under the Geneva convention. They have better living conditions at Gitmo than they had in their home countries. They just can't leave.

They should have had trials by a military tribunal years ago, on that we agree. Obama has had 7 years to get that done, instead he is just randomly releasing them. Does that make any sense at all to you?

Civilian or military

OK...POW

they currently have rights beyond those proscribed for POWS under the Geneva convention. They have better living conditions at Gitmo than they had in their home countries. They just can't leave.

I see...so it would be okay if I took you from your family and loved ones and locked you up for a decade without being charged with anything (where is that okay in the Geneva Convention?) as long as I put you up in a nice hotel?

They should have had trials by a military tribunal years ago, on that we agree. Obama has had 7 years to get that done, instead he is just randomly releasing them. Does that make any sense at all to you?

Do a little reading outside your bubble once in a while. They are not just "randomly" being released. Many have had trials or reviews that recommend them either for release or prosecution.

Guantanamo Bay - The Prisoners

If ANY other country was doing to prisoners what we are doing to them in GITMO, we would be condemning that country.

Article 3 of the Geneva Convention:

(d) the passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

Civilian or military

OK...POW

Gitmo is a shithole

Holding men in "indefinite" detention is an embarrassment to a nation that calls itself exceptional

OK...POW

Gitmo is a shithole

Holding men in "indefinite" detention is an embarrassment to a nation that calls itself exceptional

Its a better place to live than Somalia or Syria. Its better than any WW2 prison on either side.

I already agreed with you on the indefinite detention issue. But again, Obama has had 7 years to do something about it, and what has he done besides release some of the worst of them in exchange for a deserter and traitor.

OK...POW

I see...so it would be okay if I took you from your family and loved ones and locked you up for a decade without being charged with anything (where is that okay in the Geneva Convention?) as long as I put you up in a nice hotel?

I am sure he would understand if he were taken prisoner while waging war on the US.
WOuld you rather we simply let POWs go back so they can shoot your ass or your comrades'?

OK...POW

I am sure he would understand if he were taken prisoner while waging war on the US.
WOuld you rather we simply let POWs go back so they can shoot your ass or your comrades'?

Wrong. Nobody is going to "understand" indefinite detention without being charged. The Geneva Convention doesn't. Simple ethical standards don't.

GITMO is a stain on America and needs to close.

OK...POW

Gitmo is a shithole

Its a better place to live than Somalia or Syria. Its better than any WW2 prison on either side.

I already agreed with you on the indefinite detention issue. But again, Obama has had 7 years to do something about it, and what has he done besides release some of the worst of them in exchange for a deserter and traitor.

And he has been. He's releasing those that were recommended for release and prosecuting those recommended for prosecution.

OK...POW

Wrong. Nobody is going to "understand" indefinite detention without being charged. The Geneva Convention doesn't. Simple ethical standards don't.

GITMO is a stain on America and needs to close.
What part of the Geneva Convention forbids holding captured hostile enemies until hostilities have ceased?
GITMo would have been closed a long time ago excpt for the objections of Democrats in Congress, like Schumer.

OK...POW

Gitmo is a shithole

And he has been. He's releasing those that were recommended for release and prosecuting those recommended for prosecution.
And how many of htose released have gone back to being terrorists? A lot of them.

Forum List

Back