Breaking News: MSNBC’s Ed Schultz Is Still an Angry, Dishonest Partisan Liar

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
links with article at site

SNIP:
Posted on | July 23, 2013 | 37 Comments and 0 Reactions

The important background facts you should know about Ed Schultz: He was a sportscaster until he was 38 and began his talk-radio career attempting to be a conservative Rush Limbaugh imitator, failed at that and then re-invented himself as a “progressive” host, which provided the platform by which Ed got an MSNBC show in 2009.

Ed’s basic problem is that he’s not very bright, nor is he well-educated, and he is essentially phony. His father was an aeronautical engineer and his mother was an English teacher, which means that Ed grew up in middle-class comfort, and his whole “populist” blue-collar shtick is just that, a shtick. Anyone who has ever watched or listened to Ed Schultz understands that he is a very angry man — he reminds you of every angry drunk you ever knew — and this is basically the selling point of the shtick. If you are the type of person who hates Republicans and rich people and “Corporate America,” then Ed Schultz will give voice to your anger.

Did I mention that Ed Schultz failed at MSNBC, too? Yeah, he started out in the 6 p.m. time slot, then moved to 10 p.m. after Keith Olberman quit in 2011, before moving to the 8 p.m. slot, where he accomplished the remarkable feat of actually placing fourth — behind Bill O’Reilly on Fox, behind Anderson Cooper CNN and even behind Nancy Grace on HLN — and was eventually bumped to the weekend shift.

If you think MSNBC has a tiny audience during the week (Chris Hayes doesn’t even hit half-a-million viewers at 8 p.m. weeknights), their weekend schedule is almost viewerless. It’s not broadcasting, it’s narrowcasting. Anyone could have predicted that Schultz’s shot at the TV big time would end in failure; his exile to oblivion is not really surprising. The market for Angry Ed’s rants is quite small.

all of it here
Breaking News: MSNBC?s Ed Schultz Is Still an Angry, Dishonest Partisan Liar : The Other McCain

His weekend gig will be gone as soon as his contract expires. Then you'll only be able to get his anger and idiocy on some radio stations where - not making this up - "America comes to talk," his slogan boasts.

He's harmless as his audiences attest but a beacon of light to union stooges and other low information dopes.

Good to know that at least three posters can be counted on to agree with a link that doesn't even exist. :oops:

Good to know also that the OP can tell the difference between "opinion" and "breaking news". :oops: :oops:

Good to know who's running scared of who's voices. Maybe I need to check into Ed's show to see what the big threat is.

Maroonest thread of the day.

Good to know that at least three posters can be counted on to agree with a link that doesn't even exist. :oops:

Good to know also that the OP can tell the difference between "opinion" and "breaking news". :oops: :oops:

Good to know who's running scared of who's voices. Maybe I need to check into Ed's show to see what the big threat is.

While I agree it is opinion the link DOES work. Maybe your computer is too old?

While I agree it is opinion the link DOES work. Maybe your computer is too old?

It does now, but it sure didn't when I posted that. I even plunked a section of it into Google to find out what the hell it was talking about, and got the same site .... which still didn't work. Perhaps their server is too old. :dunno:

Now that I can see it-- I love the way the blog refers to "his MSNBC show that nobody watches". If nobody watched it, it wouldn't be worth talking about. In fact nobody would even know what the reference was. Yup, I know damage control when I see it.

Last edited:
Pogo is a presumptuous fellow...

I'm not sure how you can make any determination about what I think of the OP or Ed based on my reply...

lol at Pogo

OOPS

Indeed. Here's what it says right now:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at theothermccain.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

:oops:

Perhaps they haven't paid their phone bill. :dunno:

lol at Pogo

OOPS

Indeed. Here's what it says right now:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at theothermccain.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

:oops:

Perhaps they haven't paid their phone bill. :dunno:

I'm sorry about that..this is the first time I went to this site...I can still get on it..
anyway it's really of no importance..I just found it funny

Forum List

Back