Breaking News: Israel Tries to land a spacecraft on the moon; crashes...everyone applauds!

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
I miss the point here. Why is everyone in the control room applauding when the spaceship (unmanned, I hope) crashes into the moon seconds before landing.

What am I not getting?

giphy.gif

sounds like they're happy to hit the backboard. next run, go for 2.

I miss the point here. Why is everyone in the control room applauding when the spaceship (unmanned, I hope) crashes into the moon seconds before landing.

What am I not getting?

Because to NOT applaud would be Anti-Semitic or whatever, get with the programme Jackson darling :smoke:

What am I not getting?

Because to NOT applaud would be Anti-Semitic or whatever, get with the programme Jackson darling :smoke:
Actually, the may have had a meeting..."Regardless of what happens, CLAP!"

What am I not getting?
Maybe you are unfamiliar with their space program. This is actually their first attempt at any space program. How many failed attempts did the U.S. have that did not even make it off the launch pad?
How many countries have even attempted to land on the moon? Even a failed first attempt would be a larger success then a number of other countries have had.

What am I not getting?
Maybe you are unfamiliar with their space program. This is actually their first attempt at any space program. How many failed attempts did the U.S. have that did not even make it off the launch pad?
How many countries have even attempted to land on the moon? Even a failed first attempt would be a larger success then a number of other countries have had.
Comparative speaking, yes, you are right.

What am I not getting?
It was unmanned. Maybe the fact it actually made it to the moon, their first.

Applauding failure because it's Israel would be the act of anti Semitism, I would think. It's political schadenfreude from the people that throw rocks and burrow under the earth like moles while Israel is sending a space craft to the moon.

I'll let that be a statement on Israel and the people that hate it.

Applauding failure because it's Israel would be the act of anti Semitism, I would think. It's political schadenfreude from the people that throw rocks and burrow under the earth like moles while Israel is sending a space craft to the moon.

Wasn’t it their own control room? Or are you saying others were applauding it? Either way, it being a first for Israel is something for them to celebrate.

It’s their own control room applauding. Christ you don’t always have to be a victim.

You seem to have misunderstood who was applauding.

Oh well, at least they still have their partially funded by America abortion on demand, universal health care, and free college.

Forum List

Back