Breaking News in the Field of Education

Don't we already have recess? It is a good idea none the less. ;)

At least when I was in school I certainly had that period of the day.

Don't we already have recess? It is a good idea none the less. ;)

At least when I was in school I certainly had that period of the day.

Actually, no.

When my kid was in elementary school, I was shocked to learn that they no longer have time for recess.

When I was in elementary school, we had a morning recess, a lunch recess, and an afternoon recess.

When my boy was in school the only time they had anything near to that much recess was kindergarten. By first grade, the only recess elementary kids can reliably count on is lunch recess. The STATE has too much education requirements for teachers to fit recess in. Sometimes they have time for an extra recess, most times they don't.

After first grade, anything but a lunch recess is a luxury for kids.

Which is really sad, because especially in boys, lack of physical activity, and a high sugar/fat diet, along with artificial colors & flavors is associated with a high prevalence toward expression of ADHD. The best way to combat this is through diet and exercise, NOT DRUGS.

We should let our school children run. Several miles a day in a legitimate physical education class. Run in cadence. March to class as well.

We should let our school children run. Several miles a day in a legitimate physical education class. Run in cadence. March to class as well.

And creativity? If their exercise is only doing what they're told to do, they'll start hating exercise.

And creativity? If their exercise is only doing what they're told to do, they'll start hating exercise.
Yeah, I agree with that. When they are young they need unstructured play time, that is how their minds, spirits and social skills grow best. Child psychologists pretty much all agree on this.

They are children, not military recruits.

Forum List

Back