And who says colleges aren't Liberal/progressive and anti conservative?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
  • Liberal commencement speakers will outnumber conservatives by nearly four-to-one at 50 of the nation’s largest colleges this year.
  • The list of liberals includes several major names, including Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, and Cory Booker. The conservative speakers, meanwhile, are mainly state-level elected officials.
Campus Reform catalogued the commencement speakers selected by 50 of the largest public and private four-year colleges in the nation, excluding community colleges and online institutions, and researched the political views of each speaker.

Including schools with multiple speakers, Campus Reform identified 37 speakers with demonstrably liberal leanings, compared to just 10 verified conservatives. Only four speakers could be classified as political moderates, two of whom—Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood of the country music group Lady Antebellum—were invited to speak at the same ceremony.
Liberals hold 4:1 edge among 2018 commencement speakers

Liberal professors outnumber conservatives nearly 12 to 1, study finds
Published in Econ Journal Watch last month, the study looks at faculty voter registration at 40 leading universities and finds that, out of 7,243 professors, Democrats outnumber Republicans 3,623 to 314, or by a ratio of 11 1/2 to 1.
Liberal professors outnumber conservatives 12 to 1: Study

So is it any wonder than that the parents of college age children are discouraging their children from going to these schools?

Universities and colleges struggle to stem big drops in enrollment
Universities and colleges struggle to stem big drops in enrollment - The Hechinger Report

Liberal speakers are chosen to speak at functions because they're not blithering idiots.

Liberal speakers are chosen to speak at functions because they're not blithering idiots.

the fact that 'Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton', are on that list proves you wrong.

Blithering idiots like this

Hillary says "wiping her secret server like with a cloth"?

Really... and that's not a blithering idiot?

Or maybe this blithering comment..Hillary Clinton did call Monica Lewinsky, who had an affair with her husband, a "narcissistic loony toon"

Au contraire, in most cases it is precisely because they are blithering idiots who match the skewed mental processes of the professors and students..

Or how about this blithering comment..."I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man." (Watch Biden's comments and Obama's reaction
icon_video.gif
)
Former Vice President Joe Biden delivered the commencement address at Colby College in Waterville, Maine

Really... that is coming from the Democrats choice for VP???
"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." --Joe Biden, in a private remark to an Indian-American man caught on C-SPAN, June, 2006

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." --Joe Biden, Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008

AND can you imagine making fun of a wheel chair bound patriot???
"Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008

Here's a Collection of the Top 10 Funniest Joe Biden Quotes and Gaffes

Liberalism and academia have a symbiotic relationship.

The government keeps lowering interest rates so that students can be eligible to be burdened with larger and larger debt. Then the government creates draconian laws regarding that debt so that there is no way to ever run from it the rest of your life.

In gratitude, colleges indoctrinate children to vote "D" and petition for more government control over pretty much everything.

They were a match made in hell.

the fact that 'Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton', are on that list proves you wrong.

Carters IQ = two RW Trumpdrones - he's 93 years old and still knows how to use do or due in a sentence.

how the hell would they know intelligent if it kicked them in the balls ..

• Liberal commencement speakers will outnumber conservatives by nearly four-to-one at 50 of the nation’s largest colleges this year.
  • The list of liberals includes several major names, including Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, and Cory Booker. The conservative speakers, meanwhile, are mainly state-level elected officials.
Campus Reform catalogued the commencement speakers selected by 50 of the largest public and private four-year colleges in the nation, excluding community colleges and online institutions, and researched the political views of each speaker.

Including schools with multiple speakers, Campus Reform identified 37 speakers with demonstrably liberal leanings, compared to just 10 verified conservatives. Only four speakers could be classified as political moderates, two of whom—Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood of the country music group Lady Antebellum—were invited to speak at the same ceremony.

Published in Econ Journal Watch last month, the study looks at faculty voter registration at 40 leading universities and finds that, out of 7,243 professors, Democrats outnumber Republicans 3,623 to 314, or by a ratio of 11 1/2 to 1.

So is it any wonder than that the parents of college age children are discouraging their children from going to these schools?

Universities and colleges struggle to stem big drops in enrollment - The Hechinger Report
So? Have considered thst academia as a profession tends to attract more liberals then conservatives. I am willing to bet business and the energy sector are heavily conservative. Is that a problem?

Carters IQ = two RW Trumpdrones - he's 93 years old and still knows how to use do or due in a sentence.

Indeed, those who disagree with Left winged ideology are just stupid and mentally inferior, right?

Kinda like Hitler and his master race....until that Jesse Owens in the Olympics moment occurs telling the world the real truth

So? Have considered thst academia as a profession tends to attract more liberals then conservatives. I am willing to bet business and the energy sector are heavily conservative. Is that a problem?

From personal experience, most are overwhelmingly Left wing and not really all that smart as far as I could tell.

I remember one particular professor teach the class about President Wilson, glowingly, of course, and then I asked her if she knew he was an ardent racist.

The color drained from her face and I could not tell if she had never heard that before or if she was just devastated someone in the class knew that because it was never discussed.

I voted for Carter thinking that as a former naval officer under Admiral Rickover he was an intelligent person.
When the Misery Index reached it's highest under Carter i.e. 21.98 In June 1980 I still supported him, but when Carter was frightened in the "killer rabbit" incident and that
along with President Carter on TV tell my family to turn down the thermostat and put on a sweater. He looked like Mr. Rogers, sitting there talking in his calm, concerned voice, wearing a cardigan sweater.... I figured this was NOT a very intelligent President!

Considering the GOP war on education is rumbling along at top speed, is anybody surprised by this?

What war on education exactly?

You mean shutting down class room time to go demonstrate against guns? That kind of war on education?

Considering the GOP war on education is rumbling along at top speed, is anybody surprised by this?

You mean shutting down class room time to go demonstrate against guns? That kind of war on education?
No. The one where you demonize teachers, demonize the teaching profession, demonize higher education, lust for cuts to teacher salaries and education budgets, etc., etc., etc.

No. The one where you demonize teachers, demonize the teaching profession, demonize higher education, lust for cuts to teacher salaries and education budgets, etc., etc., etc.

Have you ever heard of the Physicians Labor Union? Or the Dentists Pulling for You Union? Or the Ministers On Strike Union?
I'm sure you haven't as the people with those occupations are called "professionals". Meaning they get paid not by the hour but by an agreement.
Now the problem with your statement is "teaching profession".
Teachers are NOT paid for the hours they work i.e. like doctors, etc.
So why is there a teachers union? Why do teachers go on strike?
Teachers are by the very FACT they can't distinguish between being a profession which is what my generation of teachers considered themselves and today's teachers
that consider themselves as hourly workers who aren't getting paid for the hours they worked.

And so that is one of the reasons even though my family had teachers, my respect is diminished for the teaching occupation...i.e. it is no longer a profession!
No doctor/minister/dentist/etc. consider themselves hourly wage earners hence they work until the job is done. They have to!
I mean seriously you go to a dentist who starts a job on you at 3:00 and at 4:30 the dentist says he has to go as his off hours...leaving you with your mouth full of metal!
Is that professional? But how many teachers have NO problem walking out of the school at 5:00 on the dot. Regardless if there are students wanting to learn more.
Yea that's the teacher occupation today. ONLY thinking of themselves and not like when I had professional teachers in my grade school that waited till the parents showed up.
Or took homework home to work on that the teacher didn't get done at school. Yea... that was then. This is now and the teachers' occupation is an hourly, us against management
mentality and striking is a way of life now.

SO please don't tarnish the memories of "professional" teachers I had by using the term "teaching profession"! Teachers are no longer professionals... labor union members for sure!
Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 1.51.39 PM.png

Funny thing I always thought you had to EARN respect!

Have you ever heard of the Physicians Labor Union? Or the Dentists Pulling for You Union? Or the Ministers On Strike Union?
I'm sure you haven't as the people with those occupations are called "professionals". Meaning they get paid not by the hour but by an agreement.
Now the problem with your statement is "teaching profession".
Teachers are NOT paid for the hours they work i.e. like doctors, etc.
So why is there a teachers union? Why do teachers go on strike?
Teachers are by the very FACT they can't distinguish between being a profession which is what my generation of teachers considered themselves and today's teachers
that consider themselves as hourly workers who aren't getting paid for the hours they worked.

And so that is one of the reasons even though my family had teachers, my respect is diminished for the teaching occupation...i.e. it is no longer a profession!
No doctor/minister/dentist/etc. consider themselves hourly wage earners hence they work until the job is done. They have to!
I mean seriously you go to a dentist who starts a job on you at 3:00 and at 4:30 the dentist says he has to go as his off hours...leaving you with your mouth full of metal!
Is that professional? But how many teachers have NO problem walking out of the school at 5:00 on the dot. Regardless if there are students wanting to learn more.
Yea that's the teacher occupation today. ONLY thinking of themselves and not like when I had professional teachers in my grade school that waited till the parents showed up.
Or took homework home to work on that the teacher didn't get done at school. Yea... that was then. This is now and the teachers' occupation is an hourly, us against management
mentality and striking is a way of life now.

SO please don't tarnish the memories of "professional" teachers I had by using the term "teaching profession"! Teachers are no longer professionals... labor union members for sure!
View attachment 194700

Funny thing I always thought you had to EARN respect!
^ great example of the war on teachers and their profession right there.

That right there is a prime example of the pressing need for quality education. What ARE they teaching in schools these days? I mean, who in their right mind speaks seriously about a GOP war on education? It is to laugh, uproariously.

That right there is a prime example of the pressing need for quality education. What ARE they teaching in schools these days? I mean, who in their right mind speaks seriously about a GOP war on education? It is to laugh, uproariously.
Yes all the ongoing GOP attempts to gut budgets, demonize teachers, and discourage higher education are just figments of the imagination. Ignore all the GOPers in this thread doing just that, they are your imagination.

Forum List

Back