Breaking! Navy Overpayment Error Costs 1,200 Servicemember Retirees $7 Million --- Biden Is Making Retirees Pay It Back

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Linear Time
The GAO said recently idiots in government over spent north of $2 trillion via incompetence. Some government programs are still spending 10 years AFTER they ended. :oops: followed by :rolleyes:

What a travesty. I'm betting the Usurper will have their money deducted and send it to Ukraine.

You never served did you? Military members know that if they get overpaid, the government will take it back all at once...
Has nothing to do with who's President.

What a travesty. I'm betting the Usurper will have their money deducted and send it to Ukraine.

Pretty sure social security did something like this as well once relating to Medicare D premiums. IIRC some retirees got a big check as a refund for MEdicare D premiums. First they said it was a mistake that they had to pay back to the government and then they came out a week later and said it wasn't a mistake but they were supposed to have paid that money to the person's insurance provider so now the retiree has to pay it to their health insurance (after many had already spent it) so retirees had like a year to pay it as past due premiums. Those who didn't get the check continued to have their insurance premiums automatically deducted from their SS check, but those who did get the check then ended up being forced to have to pay their insurance providers for their Medicare D themselves in perpetuity.

This has nothing to do with the President, it has been like this for decades.

When I separated out in 1993 I got a severance check from the military. And was told like we all were that I would not see any money from my VA retirement until that was paid back.

This is how it is, the government overpays you and they will take it back. At least it is without interest as it was their error.

Forum List

Back