Breaking! DREAM Act Goes Down in Flames in Senate

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
An immigration bill that would blaze a trail to legal status for hundreds of thousands of undocumented students went down in flames in the Senate on Saturday, delivering a critical blow to Democrats and Hispanic activists.

Even though the House approved the DREAM Act last week, the Senate fell five votes short of the 60 needed Saturday to advance the bill past Republican opposition.

The DREAM Act, which opponents have decried as a "nightmare," is now likely to languish for years with Republicans taking back control of the House and picking up an additional handful of seats in the Senate next month.

DREAM Act Goes Down in Flames in Senate - FoxNews.com

Langish? It's dead! The only reason Democrats wanted it, was to do an end run around the American people and use illegals as a way to get them elected back as a majority.

This is your Democrat party. They have so much contempt for you, they want this country hijacked by non citizens to put them in control.

Thank you American people who sent a huge message in November, and Thank you Jesus for hearing my prayers!

I told you Republicans control the Senate even though they didn't win the majority.

This is the first proof, I'm right!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

More importantly, it's right for the country at this time. Job competition is stiff enough without allowing a furthur expansion of a legitimized labor pool which is what it would have resulted in.

Why don't they just REFORM the citizenship process we already have? Make it to where it doesn't take TEN YEARS for a person to get naturalized?

As it is, bills such as this are a slap in the face to those who obeyed the laws, applied, and waited the friggin TEN YEARS to get their citizenship!

FIX THE PORCH STEPS, DON'T ADD ANOTHER DOOR!

Good. Less Mexicans around. And I'm not being sarcastic. They get here and by virtue of being present on US soil want to be "Americans", well, then when they were present on Mexican soil to come here they were Mexican for a while. And the fewer of them flooding into here, the fewer our society has to subsidize. Their countries suck, I get it. But they need to fix their own, not flood here and demand we cater to them.

Forum List

Back