[Breaking] Dorner and Police in Fire Fight

Maybe he will. I'm ok with that.

But that doesn't mean it's morally proper to hope for that outcome.

I suppose an argument could be made that it is morally offensive to hope for anything beyond him being captured alive and without injury to any other people so that he can be tried, convicted and locked away.

Forever.

Last edited:
Maybe he will. I'm ok with that.

But that doesn't mean it's morally proper to hope for tht outcome.

I suppose an argument could be made that it is morally offensive to hope for anything beyond him being captured alive and without injury to any other people so that he can be tried, convicted and locked away.

Forever.

Agree, I personally don't wish that on anyone, but that's me. He's not going to be taken alive. Everyone loses in these things

After reading his manifesto I do not believe he would allow himself to be taken alive.
Thus, the moral issue is not the authorities to make.
The authorities do have a responsibility to public safety, would allowing him to remain free when the opportunity to kill him had presented itself be morally wrong?

After reading his manifesto I do not believe he would allow himself to be taken alive.
Thus, the moral issue is not the authorities to make.
The authorities do have a responsibility to public safety, would allowing him to remain free when the opportunity to kill him had presented itself be morally wrong?

It would indeed be morally wrong to permit him to remain free.

But I don't think THAT is an option even close to being on the table.

I believe at this point the only question is whether he gets neutralized by death or by capture.

He's surrounded though, and he won't be able to be "free"...so there is no pressing threat on the community at this point, but THERE IS a pending threat toward's our police officrse in the spat with him now, no?

they are checking all vehicles coming out so wondering if he got away again.

Call me the asshole here but why dont they just drop a damn bomb on the place??

He may or may not have 2 hostages.

CNN has confused me. They show what looks like a 'big house' or several small houses that adjoin each other and say--'He is pinned up in a cabin'. They can't show live feed at this time, fwiw.

They said he was in a different location earlier and that is why they aren't certain about the hostages.

A psychologist said--'This is what he wanted.'

News conference briefing now.

Possible hostages.

As far as Dorner is concerned, if he were to surrender and a SWAT sniper put a bullet in his brain pan, I'd be perfectly okay with that.

Call me immoral, I couldn't give a flying rhinoceras shit.

according to LAPD conference, they are not able to confirm it is Dorner. No information on condition of officers shot at this time.

What a great idea. They could just flatten someone's home and then walk away.

Never mind that they would never know if they got the "bad guy". Who cares about that? Much more important to blow an innocent's home to bits.

mayor of Big Bear just stated he believes one of the officers has died.

Forum List

Back