Breaking! Conservative Boris Johnson expected to win in Europe

Aww hell yes!
Wow, the Brits have come to their senses! Great news for England.
The UK voted to leave the EU primarily because of excessive immigration and the looming threat of future uncontrolled Islamic immigration.
Not exactly.

That might have been the primary animus for some, but the Brits tried to pass some environmental laws/regs, some labor regs, and other new laws only to have the EU not only strike them down but the EU also imposed new pointless regs that the Brits did not want. So one big driving force was to simply get legislative control of the UK once more.

The resources around Great Britain were interfered with as well. For example, some of the fishing areas that Brits have fished for centuries if not millennia were taken away by the EU and given to other countries. So much of it was a desire to regain territorial right over their own resources.

And on top of all that, the children and grand children of the generation that stopped Hitler in his tracks did not feel comfortable with German bankers taking over everything.

The Brits are not Europeans, they’re British.
Britain is not part of the European continent?

oh boy

Being British i
Aww hell yes!
Wow, the Brits have come to their senses! Great news for England.
The UK voted to leave the EU primarily because of excessive immigration and the looming threat of future uncontrolled Islamic immigration.
Not exactly.

That might have been the primary animus for some, but the Brits tried to pass some environmental laws/regs, some labor regs, and other new laws only to have the EU not only strike them down but the EU also imposed new pointless regs that the Brits did not want. So one big driving force was to simply get legislative control of the UK once more.

The resources around Great Britain were interfered with as well. For example, some of the fishing areas that Brits have fished for centuries if not millennia were taken away by the EU and given to other countries. So much of it was a desire to regain territorial right over their own resources.

And on top of all that, the children and grand children of the generation that stopped Hitler in his tracks did not feel comfortable with German bankers taking over everything.

I agree partly with you. But! British people also saw on our television screens the horror of a soldier returning to barracks attacked by fundamentalist Muslims, they hacked at him with knives and a hatchet, one was shot and killed outright, the other is doing a life bird.
This is only one of the atrocities of many I could recite to you, last week we saw a single knife maniac fundamentalist released from prison knifing people in London. Methinks this may have brought to the voters attention we need to get out of the EU and vote with a party that will get us out of the EU.

368 conservative
191 labor

Current exit polls show MASSIVE win for Borris Johnson & BREXIT

Poor poor liberals

Boris Johnson on course for huge win in UK election, exit poll suggests - CNN

Yall just don't get it yet. You scream and yell and stomp your feet and everyone around the world is giving you the finger.
Election-map-How-Britain-looks-after-2019-election-2213659.jpg
What actually is conservative, with EU conservatives?

Are they pro life or pro choice? Will they make abortion rights go away?

Are they all against their universal health care that they get now and are going to eliminate it?

Are they going to cancel all of their gun restriction laws?

???????????????

What makes them "a conservative" across the pond?
Trying to seek out any pacifier you can to deal with the fact that your ideology is not popular I see.

View attachment 294580
what ideology? And mine? Or European liberal ideology?

So what does an EU conservative ideology look like or stand for that makes ya'll support them?

surely it can't be just the word ''conservative''?

So what does an EU conservative ideology look like or stand for that makes ya'll support them?
surely it can't be just the word ''conservative''?
It really depends on the country and its culture.

British conservatism is more similar to US conservatism as it has similar roots going back to the English Enlightenment especially Burke. The reaction of the English liberals to the French revolution was mostly horrific, as they saw many Frenchmen who were good people being executed for no real crime at all. Then out of that chaos came Napoleon as the background power brokers decided it was time to restore order via a dictatorship.

But we part with Brit conservatives on gun rights, free speech rights and allowing the head of a church also be the head of state (Queen is top authority for the Church of England it is supported via taxes).

The other nations, like France with its strong odor of anti-semitism among those on the right, I find nauseating. When I was in Germany, I came face to face with the 25% of the country that was still full bore Nazi, and I mean real Nazi. It is an underground there and they think one day they will re-acquire power, and they may be right. Given enough time anything can happen, and the Nazi underground has its own set of schools, fraternities, etc that allows them to maintain their cultural autonomy.

In general the Nativism in the continental conservative groups is largely repugnant to me.

But these days, the enemy of my enemy is my useful acquaintance. As long as they are anti-Globalist, anti-Marxist and anti-EU I can work with them and hold my nose while doing so.

368 conservative
191 labor

Poor poor liberals

Yall just don't get it yet. You scream and yell and stomp your feet and everyone around the world is giving you the finger.

Are they all against their universal health care that they get now and are going to eliminate it?

???????????????

They are similar in many ways. They tend to be pro free market, strong defense, pro-family and more religious. They may be more pro-gun but there is no 2A equivalent. They tend to be more anti-immigration. There’s less emphasis on race than in America given that the continent did not have slavery. Having been a member of conservative parties in Canada and the UK, it is my observation that there is greater tolerance for racism amongst many conservatives in America than in Europe.

368 conservative
191 labor

Poor poor liberals

???????????????

They are similar in many ways. They tend to be pro free market, strong defense, pro-family and more religious. They may be more pro-gun but there is no 2A equivalent. They tend to be more anti-immigration. There’s less emphasis on race than in America given that the continent did not have slavery. Having been a member of conservative parties in Canada and the UK, it is my observation that there is greater tolerance for racism amongst many conservatives in America than in Europe.
Thank you...

But what fueled Brexit??

368 conservative
191 labor

Poor poor liberals

???????????????

Thank you...

But what fueled Brexit??

There is a sense that the white working class is being left behind and the elites don’t care. The elites’ ideology is primarily focused on the individual and globalization. So they tend to be pro free trade and pro free movement. They tend to diminish or dismiss the ties of the nation state. This along with technology has seen profound change in both peoples’ lifestyles and incomes. People see immigrants coming into their neighborhoods and fundamentally changing them. They see the elites placing emphasis on people who are different than them while ignoring their plight, then label anyone as racist who articulate criticism of their ideology.

It should be noted that constituencies that historically have been Labour - areas of the white working class - went Tory for the first time in literally 50, 60, 80 years. It’s stunning because Britain is more riven by class divide than America. People that voted for Labour for generations over economic policies flipped to voting Tory for social policies.

368 conservative
191 labor

Poor poor liberals

???????????????

Thank you...

But what fueled Brexit??

There is a sense that the white working class is being left behind and the elites don’t care. The elites’ ideology is primarily focused on the individual and globalization. So they tend to be pro free trade and pro free movement. They tend to diminish or dismiss the ties of the nation state. This along with technology has seen profound change in both peoples’ lifestyles and incomes. People see immigrants coming into their neighborhoods and fundamentally changing them. They see the elites placing emphasis on people who are different than them while ignoring their plight, then label anyone as racist who articulate criticism of their ideology.

It should be noted that constituencies that historically have been Labour - areas of the white working class - went Tory for the first time in literally 50, 60, 80 years. It’s stunning because Britain is more riven by class divide than America. People that voted for Labour for generations over economic policies flipped to voting Tory for social policies.
Odd.

Did this unusual vote have Russian influence at its underbelly??

???????????????

Thank you...

But what fueled Brexit??

Odd.

Listen up! The Conservatives were the only party of credibility, they promised to get U.K. out of the Eu. It’s simply politics.....nothing odd...or of Russian manipulation.

???????????????

Thank you...

But what fueled Brexit??

Odd.

Listen up! The Conservatives were the only party of credibility, they promised to get U.K. out of the Eu. It’s simply politics.....nothing odd...or of Russian manipulation.
TY

Heh! I am just trying to get a briefing from anyone in the know so I don't have to spend hours reading up on it!

I've got enough 'lacking the time' issues with keeping up with my own Country's business!

How and why in the world did they agree to being a part of the EU in the first place??

Thank you...

But what fueled Brexit??

Odd.

TY

Heh! I am just trying to get a briefing from anyone in the know so I don't have to spend hours reading up on it!

How and why in the world did they agree to being a part of the EU in the first place??

Seriously! Read up on wiki.

please....read this....all of it!
1975 United Kingdom European Communities membership referendum - Wikipedia

Thank you...

But what fueled Brexit??

Odd.

TY

Seriously! Read up on wiki.

please....read this....all of it!
1975 United Kingdom European Communities membership referendum - Wikipedia
:lol:

Darn it! No short cuts for me, eh?

I will read it when I have a moment of non chaos around here! And after the 3 things I have to read in front of it! :eek:

Thank you...

But what fueled Brexit??

Odd.

TY

I've got enough 'lacking the time' issues with keeping up with my own Country's business!

For that, you need to understand the evolution of European Agreements. First, it was extradition treaties. This prevented Criminals from hiding on the other side of a line in an area where a couple hundred miles could see the individual crossing one or even two national borders.

Next came trade. The Common Market of the 1970’s. This allowed free trade in most everything. Like all free trade, it allowed less expensive products for the public, while opening markets for the British Manufacturers to ship to nations right across the channel easily.

That was the problem. It became easier to ship products to Europe than to visit. With the increase in speedy transport, vacations, and even retirements in other nations, it seemed like the threat of war was long gone, so why not?

The EU took the Common Market, and make it Common Countries. That was it’s doom.

It created a unified monetary system. No longer would it be Franks, Marks, Pounds, Dinars, and whatever else the various nations called the units of money. It would be just Euro’s. Talk about easing things up. You could get money in France, and spend it easily without any arguments about exchange rates all across the continent. Every nation participated, every nation accepted the money.

It ignored the differences between the nations, and the fact that people identify closer to home, rather than farther. The people in the UK were English first, and European second. France was French first, and European Second. In the mean time, the EU Government, continued to pass regulations, and essentially laws in Brussels that affected people who didn’t even speak the same language. Worse, the British Government would nod and agree with pretty much anything that Brussels said, without any objection. So the image in the EU was the Countries were little more than States, while it was the EU in Brussels that was the Federal Government. The problem was that the Countries called their governments National. The people thought they were electing National Governments, and did not like being overruled and ordered around by people they did not elect. (See American Revolution) Nor any say over.

The people began pushing for Brexit. Doom and Gloom over European and British futures did not dissuade the people. So they put forth a referendum and let the people vote expecting the people to vote to stay in the EU. The vote went the other way. The people wanted out.

There were cries of folks being misled to support this. And for years now the remain folks have demanded a second chance. You see, if the people only truly understood that the vote would be to really leave the EU, they would not do it.

So the national election became the second referendum. The Remain folks did what the smartest people in the world always do. They ran around insulting anyone who disagreed with them. Calling them names, and attempting to browbeat them into voting to remain by going Labor (Read Democrats) in the election. Sadly, the people even in safe seat areas, voted to go Torrey (Republican) to the horror of the smartest people in the room.

The Torries got a bigger majority in the House of Commons, larger than they have had in decades. Yet, the smartest people are having trouble with the idea that anyone would disagree with them. Why? Isolation.

I am about to write an OP on it. But in short, we isolate ourselves into reading and hearing only that which we agree with, and deceive ourselves into believing that everyone agrees with us. Yes, we on the left and right do that. We all do it.

Now if German nationalist can just get rid of Merkel. French are fucked up beyond recognition.

???????????????

Thank you...

But what fueled Brexit??

Odd.

Hit the nail on the head Roy.

:banana::banana::banana:

President Donald Trump again congratulated British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Friday after a historic victory for his party in the United Kingdom parliamentary elections.

“I think that might be a harbinger for what’s to come in our country; it was last time,” Trump said during an Oval Office meeting with Mario Abdo Benítez, president of Paraguay. He was referring to the 2016 Brexit vote that shocked global elites shortly before the president shocked them again by beating Hillary Clinton in the presidential elections.

Johnson’s party won more than 80 seats in the election on the platform of finally delivering Brexit, expected to occur in January 2020.

Trump: Boris Johnson Victory 'Might Be a Harbinger for What's to Come'

I am about to write an OP on it. But in short, we isolate ourselves into reading and hearing only that which we agree with, and deceive ourselves into believing that everyone agrees with us. Yes, we on the left and right do that. We all do it.

No, *I* dont do that, but then I am mentally abnormal, lol.

I read lefty sites, conservative sites, foreign sites and main stream sites. I have a frigging subscription to three foreign news sites.

Reality is far too complex for a single mind to grasp it, let alone form it into an ideology, so read differing points of view to get a more 3D perspective.

Even CNN on occasion when you are NOT waiting at the airport.

Forum List

Back