Break up Google! YES!!!!!!

WaitingFor2020

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2016
New Orleans
Yes! I've been in web/internet marketing since 1999 and Google has come to absolutely dominate with 88% of the advertising revenue while at the same time completely rendering developers and marketers into the dark with their fucking obliteration of all information pertaining to search terms, keywords and referrals.

This means you're stabbing around in the dark trying to figure out HOW someone finds your client's site, or even IF they can because of Google's daunting, red-taped clusterfuck SEO. Their mea culpa was Google Analytics, which gives you a lot of information you CAN'T use while still concealing hard data that would actually be meaningful for developing a marketing plan. WHY? To maneuver you into buying into Adwords and AdSense programs. These programs manipulate the user all over again with their Keyword Planner program.

I don't even want to get into their Panda and Penguin slap downs over the past few years. They change the rules and then don't tell anyone about them.

So break the motherfucker up! Create a fair playing ground. You don't know what you're missing out there because Google is CONTROLLING it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/22/opinion/sunday/is-it-time-to-break-up-google.html?_r=0
23taplin1-master768.jpg

The Googleoctopus is getting entangled in everything.

A mega spin-off would probably be a good thing.

• Banned
I'd enforce anti-trusts laws and stop them from buying out new companies but I wouldn't want to weaken google...

How will Google be weakened? Like I said, you don't know what you're missing because Google controls what you see. Their reach far exceeds Bing, Yahoo, etc. They have 77% of the internet audience share.

With the advent of doing business online from paying bills to making doctor's appointments, which I just did this week, we are being pushed into a paperless system and being fined if we don't. How many people have land lines in their house and are under the age of 50? The internet should be considered a utility just like water and electricity.

• Banned
The Googleoctopus is getting entangled in everything.

A mega spin-off would probably be a good thing.

Yup. Were you aware that when you upload ANYTHING through Google (Google+, Google Documents, Google Drive) they automatically own it? This shit has got to stop.

Yes! I've been in web/internet marketing since 1999 and Google has come to absolutely dominate with 88% of the advertising revenue while at the same time completely rendering developers and marketers into the dark with their fucking obliteration of all information pertaining to search terms, keywords and referrals.

This means you're stabbing around in the dark trying to figure out HOW someone finds your client's site, or even IF they can because of Google's daunting, red-taped clusterfuck SEO. Their mea culpa was Google Analytics, which gives you a lot of information you CAN'T use while still concealing hard data that would actually be meaningful for developing a marketing plan. WHY? To maneuver you into buying into Adwords and AdSense programs. These programs manipulate the user all over again with their Keyword Planner program.

I don't even want to get into their Panda and Penguin slap downs over the past few years. They change the rules and then don't tell anyone about them.

So break the motherfucker up! Create a fair playing ground. You don't know what you're missing out there because Google is CONTROLLING it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/22/opinion/sunday/is-it-time-to-break-up-google.html?_r=0
23taplin1-master768.jpg

It's a GREAT danger to tech development and personal privacy. There's been no other way to "grow the economy" other than these mega-mergers and acquisitions. It's gotta stop. Easiest, less interventional way to do that? Make it easier to form start--ups. Choke off the giant with a thousand new tech companies.

We are at a 60 year low in creating tech start-ups that aren't some software app for consumers. Damn the consumer market. Let's start taking LEADERSHIP in major new areas...

Forum List

Back