Bread Winner Making Babies!!! Welfare Queens!!!

Perhaps she heard about from someone else who was doing it, who had heard from someone else who was doing it, who had heard from someone else who was doing it.

That's how cultural decay works.

Would seem to me that she learned this from her momma, who not doubt learned from hers.

Yeah, actually that's the scary part to me. With each succeeding generation, it becomes more and more ingrained in our culture, causing even more damage to those who have grown up with it. It's difficult to expect people to depend on themselves when they just don't know what that means. Literally.

It is a matter of education. A highly literate, well educated nation usually has zero population growth or near zero population growth. The more educated people are, the more likely they are to chose to limit the size of their families, to have better incomes, to have higher expectations for their children as far as education and careers, etc. What really needs reform is the quality of education in America. Though reforming the welfare system may be useful, it is not the essential problem; you'd only be putting a band-aid on the situation rather than curing it.

Would seem to me that she learned this from her momma, who not doubt learned from hers.

Yeah, actually that's the scary part to me. With each succeeding generation, it becomes more and more ingrained in our culture, causing even more damage to those who have grown up with it. It's difficult to expect people to depend on themselves when they just don't know what that means. Literally.

It is a matter of education. A highly literate, well educated nation usually has zero population growth or near zero population growth. The more educated people are, the more likely they are to chose to limit the size of their families, to have better incomes, to have higher expectations for their children as far as education and careers, etc. What really needs reform is the quality of education in America. Though reforming the welfare system may be useful, it is not the essential problem; you'd only be putting a band-aid on the situation rather than curing it.

...good for another thread, but how do you get the liberals out of education? They have been screwing it up since the 60's when the liberal "have babies for free money" scams began...

...good for another thread, but how do you get the liberals out of education? They have been screwing it up since the 60's when the liberal "have babies for free money" scams began...

All of the countries in the EU have zero or near zero population growth. All are essentially liberal politically and socially with excellent systems of education and a highly literate population. Liberalism is not the problem in education. In fact, it is the countries that are closer to theocracies and conservatism that have higher levels of population growth and a less educated, less literate society.

Last edited:
Not an argument. A request for clarification.

they are 40% of fed spending by themselves...

I ignored it because it was obviously obtuse.

Well, those do more or less DIRECTLY receive money people pay into them. The rest of the budget is less clear, largely because so much of it isn't funded

so, now you are suggesting that we not even count unfunded money the gov't spends??

LMAO!!! how freaking retarded!

they are 40% of fed spending by themselves...

I ignored it because it was obviously obtuse.

Well, those do more or less DIRECTLY receive money people pay into them. The rest of the budget is less clear, largely because so much of it isn't funded

so, now you are suggesting that we not even count unfunded money the gov't spends??

No. I'm saying that even without "redistribution" your taxes would get soaked up by the rest of the budget.

No. I'm saying that even without "redistribution" your taxes would get soaked up by the rest of the budget.

How dense are you?

EVERY penny the gov't spends is TAXATION!!! EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!!!

When they spend money they don't have -- that is FUTURE taxation. So, if you take it out of one hand and put it in the other --- IT IS THE SAME THING. Stack the money any way you like --- whatever the gov't spends is taxation...

How dense are you?

When they spend money they don't have -- that is FUTURE taxation. So, if you take it out of one hand and put it in the other --- IT IS THE SAME THING. Stack the money any way you like --- whatever the gov't spends is taxation...

Given the topic is about supporting CHILDREN, guess who is gonna be paying off your generation's debts? :eusa_eh:

The enitre loaf??

500,000 children are taken into foster care every year, at a taxpayer cost of upward of $50,000 per child per year.

New cost to taxpayers - $250,000,000,000.00 yearly!

Within one year of emancipating from the foster care system, 33% of youth will be on welfare

yearly welfare cost to taxpayers $875,000,000,000.00

27% of the men will be in prison.

Taxpayer cost per prisoner $31,000 per year - annual cost to taxpayers $63,000,000,000.00

...and the ENTIRE PROBLEM is GROWING EXPONENTIALLY!!!!

I'd love to see those numbers on the "masters loaf"!!!

Any time a poster exclaims "Dupes!", I assume it means that we are on to something good. If you think about it, "Dupes!" isn't really much of an intelligent retort!

No offense intended, but I'd like some supporting doumentation for these claims.

In the first place I have my doubts about the first post here, and these stats?

Well I'd like to see your sources if you don't mind.

FWIW the entire annual cost of welfare is miniscule compared to the trillions we've given te banks, mate.

That was my point.

But still, if you have supporting documentation regarding the costs above, I'd love to see it

Thanks

How dense are you?

Given the topic is about supporting CHILDREN, guess who is gonna be paying off your generation's debts? :eusa_eh:

The children who grow up to be conservatives.... or nobody.... just like it is now!

The enitre loaf??

500,000 children are taken into foster care every year, at a taxpayer cost of upward of $50,000 per child per year.

New cost to taxpayers - $250,000,000,000.00 yearly!

Within one year of emancipating from the foster care system, 33% of youth will be on welfare

yearly welfare cost to taxpayers $875,000,000,000.00

27% of the men will be in prison.

Taxpayer cost per prisoner $31,000 per year - annual cost to taxpayers $63,000,000,000.00

...and the ENTIRE PROBLEM is GROWING EXPONENTIALLY!!!!

I'd love to see those numbers on the "masters loaf"!!!

Any time a poster exclaims "Dupes!", I assume it means that we are on to something good. If you think about it, "Dupes!" isn't really much of an intelligent retort!

No offense intended, but I'd like some supporting doumentation for these claims.

In the first place I have my doubts about the first post here, and these stats?

Well I'd like to see your sources if you don't mind.

FWIW the entire annual cost of welfare is miniscule compared to the trillions we've given te banks, mate.

That was my point.

But still, if you have supporting documentation regarding the costs above, I'd love to see it

Thanks

Youth Advocacy Center : Get Involved : Donate

...and cost per criminal I just looked up on google...

Cheap and dirty research, but effective enough for this purpose. arguing the data will never nullify the premise...

I don't believe the statitic " 500,000 children are taken into foster care every year,"

Do you, really?

Perhaps there are a half million children in foster care in total, that's totally believable. In fact the data suggests that that is the number of kids in foster care

http://www.childtrends.org/Files/Child_Trends_2011_05_31_DS_FosterCare.pdf

As to the cost of prisoners?

I'm not sure how that ties into the issue of foster care.

Tenuously would be my guess

no --- that is obviously an approx. total..

...the prisoner thing, I mentioned only in reference to cost of tax payers and the fact that 1/4 of all foster males end up in prison -- so we continue to pay for their living expenses...

There has to be a way to get these people to take care of themselves...

As a conservative, the problem is two-fold -- one, the waste of money --- and two, you can convince them to vote by promising them an Obama-phone...

It is certainly not what the Country had in mind when they set up the voting process.

When will you libs get it through your think skulls that it is NONE OF YOUR FUCKING Business how an individual spends their money.
You are 100% moron. You are just a pissed off bitter individual who through their own fault has accomplished nothing and blames every one else for his faults.
You're nothing but an unorganized grabasstic piece of amphibian shit.

Quite right.

So it's none of your business that a welfare family spends their money on a wide screen. But you guys whine about it incessantly.
Oh YES IT IS...Because it is the TAXPAYER'S..Which in part makes it MY MONEY.

Guy, if I have to pay for wars, you got to pay for the welfare.

Or maybe we should just have a checkoff list on what we are willing to pay for. Betcha welfare gets funded before the war does.

...the prisoner thing, I mentioned only in reference to cost of tax payers and the fact that 1/4 of all foster males end up in prison -- so we continue to pay for their living expenses...

As a conservative, the problem is two-fold -- one, the waste of money --- and two, you can convince them to vote by promising them an Obama-phone...

It is certainly not what the Country had in mind when they set up the voting process.

What your source did was take the TOTAL number of kids in foster care and then claim that number was the annual number of kids entering foster care.

If that were the case there'd be about 9 Million kids in foster care at any time.

Their numbers are off, amigo by a factor of about 1800%

Obama has nothing to do with this topic.

Why you think you can have a complaint and then, regardless of what it, is blame it all on Obama is just mystifying.

By committing such non sequiters you shred you own credibility, and any value your complaint might actaully merit gets lost in your partisanship.

Who wants to do away with foster care?

Well, just putting 2 and 2 together; since rants about the few people who game SNAP, TANF, etc, are reason enough for y'all to want to get rid of them, then what else would I expect this rant to have been about? :eusa_eh:

I don;t know, but you sure can't use words I have never uttered against me...

You said the "few" people who game the system...

Are you living in a fairy-land???

There are THOUSANDS if not TENS of thousands in EVERY MAJOR CITY of the US.[/QUOTE]

Tens of thousands? Or just thousands? Do you have a credible link with that info? Or are you just right wing channeling?

Agreed, and here's what I wonder about quite a bit: Look at the decay that's occuring in our popular culture. While it can be argued that a better educated populace would decrease the demand for things like the Kardashians and people pooping on TV, that would be one helluva long process.

So my thought is we would need two tracks: A better educational system and cultural leaders with enough bravery to challenge/inspire people to higher standards. Right now all we have are people feeding the rot.

Forum List

Back