Brain transplant

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
Figured that I had better balance the scales, given the number of chauvinist jokes I've posted.
------------------------------------------------------

In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where their family member lay gravely ill.

Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and somber. "I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news," he said as he surveyed the worried faces. "The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant. It's an experimental procedure, very risky but it is the only hope. Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have to pay for the brain yourselves."

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a great length of time, someone asked, "Well, how much does a brain cost?"

The doctor quickly responded, "$50,000 for a male brain, and $2,000 for a female brain."

The moment turned awkward. Men in the room tried not to smile, avoiding eye contact with the women, but some actually smirked.

A man, unable to control his curiosity, blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask, "Why is the male brain so much more?"

The doctor explained "It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to mark down the price of the female brains, because they've been used while the male brains are in mint condition."

Granny gonna get Uncle Ferd a new head...
tongue.gif

World's first human head transplant a success, controversial scientist claims
17 November 2017 • The world's first human head transplant has allegedly been performed on a corpse in an 18 hour operation which successfully connected the spine, nerves and blood vessels of two people.
The operation was carried out by a team led by Dr Xiaoping Ren of Harbin Medical University, China, who last year successfully grafted a head onto the body of a monkey.

Italian Professor Sergio Canavero, Director of the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group, who has been working with the team, said they would 'imminently' move onto a living human who was paralysed from the neck down.

He told The Telegraph that electrical stimulation of the nerves proved the operation on the corpse had been successful, and that the two people had been completely attached.

MORE

I know a dude who had an accident and the docs replaced his dick with a baby elephants trunk. The damn thing kept jumping out of his britches at the supermarket and shoving produce up his ass. It was quite sad.
HOWEVER. He later moved to San Fran and lived happily ever after.
Silver lining stuff, digg ?

Forum List

Back