Bottled Water?

LuvRPgrl

Aug 11, 2005
Virtually 100% liberals, the LA City Council, or County equivalent, spent about 5 MILLION dollars of taxpayers money convincing them that the water they are producing is safe for cooking and drinking. At the same time, they consumed $88,000 of bottled water. :)

Hyprocricy????
LIARS????
THEIVES????

LuvRPgrl said:
Virtually 100% liberals, the LA City Council, or County equivalent, spent about 5 MILLION dollars of taxpayers money convincing them that the water they are producing is safe for cooking and drinking. At the same time, they consumed $88,000 of bottled water. :)

Hyprocricy????
LIARS????
THEIVES????

This happens in almost every major city, I bet. It was all the rage in Detroit a year ago.

For like 2 days.

I buy one bottle of water every 1-2 months. I drink the water contained therein, and then I reuse the bottle (while at work). The way I see it, I'm paying a buck for a water bottle that I replace every couple of months.

I don't understand people who will consistently pay a dollar for something that comes out of their faucets for (virtually) free.

gop_jeff said:
I buy one bottle of water every 1-2 months. I drink the water contained therein, and then I reuse the bottle (while at work). The way I see it, I'm paying a buck for a water bottle that I replace every couple of months.

I don't understand people who will consistently pay a dollar for something that comes out of their faucets for (virtually) free.

In some cities, they had legitimate purity concerns, which I think are mostly taken care of... but people are all worried about it now. In DC, everyone complains about the lead content.

It's ok, the bottled water-only crowd will die off from weaker immune systems anyways ;)

Walkerton, Southern Ontario is on a boil-water order, again.

I wouldn't drink the water at my father's house if you paid me, too much sulfur....or something. Tastes like shit. :)

The ClayTaurus said:
This happens in almost every major city, I bet. It was all the rage in Detroit a year ago.

For like 2 days.

and most major cities are run by liberals.

Oh, these same groups of people insist that poor people dont have the choice to send their kids to private schools, claiming public schools are fine, yet they almost unanimously send their own kids to private schools.

LuvRPgrl said:
Oh, these same groups of people insist that poor people dont have the choice to send their kids to private schools, claiming public schools are fine, yet they almost unanimously send their own kids to private schools.
:wtf: This isn't clear.

The ClayTaurus said:
:wtf: This isn't clear.

What he's trying to say (I think) is that many liberals in local/state/national government positions claim to be ardent supporters of public schools, claiming that they are good enough for everyone, yet they send their own kids ot private schools. Moreover, they deny lower class individuals the ability to choose which public school to send their children to (through school choice programs), and they will not allow school voucher programs for lower class families to send their kids to private schools.

gop_jeff said:
What he's trying to say (I think) is that many liberals in local/state/national government positions claim to be ardent supporters of public schools, claiming that they are good enough for everyone, yet they send their own kids ot private schools. Moreover, they deny lower class individuals the ability to choose which public school to send their children to (through school choice programs), and they will not allow school voucher programs for lower class families to send their kids to private schools.
That's kind of what I was guessing, but I wasn't sure...

Said1 said:
Walkerton, Southern Ontario is on a boil-water order, again.

I wouldn't drink the water at my father's house if you paid me, too much sulfur....or something. Tastes like shit. :)

Actually, drinking high sulfer water is a good idea during the summer. The well water at the Boy Scout camp I worked at for one summer has a high sulfer content, and also has a less than pleasant taste. However, during the first three days at the camp, I covered myself in deet, yet was repeatedly bitten. After that three days, I eased up on the bug spray, and eventually stopped using it, yet was hardly ever bitten for the rest of the summer. The stuff works wonders, as it apparently makes the blood pick up the same foul taste and may possibly even make it toxic in high doses (such as what a tick takes in over a week or so).

Forum List

Back