One Lib Columnist Gets It

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
RELEASE: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2005
DEMOCRATS' NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION: FIND A VISION
By Roland S. Martin, Creators Syndicate

Isn't it amazing that Joe Liebermann was the Democrats' choice for vice president in 2000? Based on the way he's been acting of late, you might as well call him one of George W. Bush's fishing buddies.

Howard Dean is the chair of the Democratic National Committee. But every time he open his mouth, he finds a way of tossing the water on a raging Republican brush fire. Forget fire retardant. How about retarded?

Sen. Hilary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., is supposed to be the party's front runner in the 2008 presidential campaign, yet she sounds like a hawk one day, a dove the next. What's next, Woody Woodpecker chomping away at her loyal liberal base?

What all this adds up to is a party in disarray, sending so many conflicting messages that it even makes party loyalists like Donna Brazile shake her head in utter confusion.

During an interview on my radio show on WVON-AM/1450 in Chicago (www.wvon.com), Brazile said that with the party's top stars offering so many different messages, she is at a loss trying to figure out what the message of the day is.

But of course, President Bush stays the course, repeating his mantra, like it's a religious affirmation, that he is to ward off the nuttiness of the Democratic Party.

Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., the second-highest ranking Dem in the U.S. Senate, told my radio audience a couple of months ago that the Democrats will offer a plan in January that the American people can rally around.

Yea, right, and I'll be able to swim in Lake Michigan to bring in the New Year.

If there is anything wrong with the Dumb Dems, is that they have no coherent vision or plan to offer America. I'm sorry, I know that may hurt the feelings of Yellow Dog Democrats, but it's true.

http://creators.com/opinion_show.cfm?columnsName=rma

Forum List

Back