Boston Red Sox announcer's son charged with murder of his 27 year old girlfriend

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Boston Red Sox announcer's son charged with murder of his 27 year old girlfriend
Daily Mail UK ^ | 08/16/2013 | Helen Pow

Jared Remy charged: Boston Red Sox announcer's son is charged with murdering girlfriend a day after he is released without bail for beating her | Mail Online

The son of Boston Red Sox announcer and former player Jerry Remy is accused of brutally stabbing to death his girlfriend just a day after the hulking former security guard was released without bail for assaulting her.

Jared Remy, 34, was arraigned today on murder and domestic assault charges in the gruesome slaying of his partner of seven years, Jennifer Martel, which took place at their Waltham, Massachusetts home in the presence of their four-year-old daughter.

Police arrived at the residence in the Windsor Village apartment complex at around 9:30 p.m. on Thursday following multiple 911 calls. They found Martel, 27, bleeding in the fenced-in patio covered in stab wounds.

Murder is bad!

Except for the people that need killing. (Ref. Slingblade)

Think I'll go have me a mustard biscuit.mmmmhhhh hhhhhmmmmm

Based on the linked article, Jared Remy is a candidate for needing killin'.

Last edited:
Murder is bad!

Except for the people that need killing. (Ref. Slingblade)

Think I'll go have me a mustard biscuit.mmmmhhhh hhhhhmmmmm

Based on the linked article, Jared Remy is a candidate for needing killin'.

not that it's an excuse but he sure as hell looked like he had played around with some steroids.

Of course murder bad. The question is, how does his being the son of a Sox announcer make it newsworthy?

Not the Sox announcer himself -- the son of one. :dunno:

I asked this same question a while back when some clown insisted on posting something about Rand Paul's son getting charged with DUI or something.
Never got an answer on that one either.

Last edited:
Of course murder bad. The question is, how does his being the son of a Sox announcer make it newsworthy?

I asked this same question a while back when some clown insisted on posting something about Rand Paul's son getting charged with DUI or something.

It's not like it was the front page news in Tokyo or anything.

It's not like it was the front page news in Tokyo or anything.

If a current event can be tied to, even remotely, someone with name recognition the media eats it up.

Daily Mail UK ^ | 08/16/2013 | Helen Pow

Jared Remy charged: Boston Red Sox announcer's son is charged with murdering girlfriend a day after he is released without bail for beating her | Mail Online

The son of Boston Red Sox announcer and former player Jerry Remy is accused of brutally stabbing to death his girlfriend just a day after the hulking former security guard was released without bail for assaulting her.

Jared Remy, 34, was arraigned today on murder and domestic assault charges in the gruesome slaying of his partner of seven years, Jennifer Martel, which took place at their Waltham, Massachusetts home in the presence of their four-year-old daughter.

Police arrived at the residence in the Windsor Village apartment complex at around 9:30 p.m. on Thursday following multiple 911 calls. They found Martel, 27, bleeding in the fenced-in patio covered in stab wounds.

To bad, that kid will be in thearpy the rest of her life because of this asshole. Unfortunately the police don't have the resources to protect every woman involved in a domestic violence dispute. To bad she didn't have a gun, this might have ended differently.

I'm a Yankee fan. :)

Forum List

Back