Boston black cops can't pass written test ... so they get "interviews" instead.

Why is this in politics and not race relations? Also, your title is misleading.

It's both politics and race though i'm sure the censors here will move it to the race dungeon so people don't find out about yet another example of special treatment for blacks.

:rolleyes:

If you're looking to race bait, which you clearly are, you might as well do it over there where you're sure to find some people who see this as "special treatment for blacks".

Is there anyone who DOESN'T think a police force works most effectively if it includes a range of different races and ethnicities?

Because if we all agree that we need Asian, Black, Hispanic police as well as whites, then all we need to discuss is how best to achieve that goal.

Sure it's good to have different ethnic groups in the police force - if they're qualified. But these minorities can't qualify so they're just gonna get the promotions purely because of their skin color. Soon Boston will have an illiterate black police chief.

Why is this in politics and not race relations? Also, your title is misleading.

It's both politics and race though i'm sure the censors here will move it to the race dungeon so people don't find out about yet another example of special treatment for blacks.

Did you even read the article?

It says out of over 2 dozen captains they are all white males, except for 1 Asian male.

Shootspunker means to say that if it's all white it's all right.

Is there anyone who DOESN'T think a police force works most effectively if it includes a range of different races and ethnicities?

Because if we all agree that we need Asian, Black, Hispanic police as well as whites, then all we need to discuss is how best to achieve that goal.

Sure it's good to have different ethnic groups in the police force - if they're qualified. But these minorities can't qualify so they're just gonna get the promotions purely because of their skin color. Soon Boston will have an illiterate black police chief.

Maracopa County Arizona has an illiterate sheriff.

More affirmative action. Blacks are always at the bottom of every test whether it's an IQ test or the SAT or ACT or LSAT or police test or firefighter test. They can't make it on ability .

Boston Police Department planning new promotion system to spur diversity - The Boston Globe

Police to overhaul ranking system
Globe Correspondent / August 9, 2012

Hoping to end decades of tension over the advancement of minority officers, the Boston Police Department plans to overhaul a promotion system that has been criticized for contributing to a lack of diversity in the department’s upper ranks.

Commissioner Edward F. Davis is expected to send an e-mail to officers and command staff Thursday announcing a $2.2 million initiative to *replace a written promotion *exam used statewide with a testing system that could *include interviews and other components designed to provide a broader measure of leadership and potential.

Among the department’s approx*imately two dozen captains — the highest rank determined by the promotion exam — there is one Asian and no blacks, Hispanics, or women.

The OP is clearly a liberal troll, attempting to make conservatives look bad, as no actual person is this ignorant or stupid.

Ok, you guys tell me how you would write up a test only white males can pass.

You don't think a police lieutenant or captain needs to have an advanced understanding of the law, police procedure, and administration, in conjunction with their leadership skills?

The solution is not to lower the standard requirement.

The solution is to recruit minorities that can achieve and surpass the standard requirement.

You don't think a police lieutenant or captain needs to have an advanced understanding of the law, police procedure, and administration, in conjunction with their leadership skills?

The solution is to recruit minorities that can achieve and surpass the standard requirement.

No one is lowering the standard requirement.

:lol::lol:

okay then let's make doctors take only oral exams.. mmmmmkay?

Doctors are Exhibit A of how tests are not worth much of anything.
Malpractice rates of doctors, with vastly increased tort reform extrememely limiting their negligence on the innocent population, is at an all time high.
Doctors are treated like Gods and royalty in America because they test well.

Give you an example of tests and government.
The Georgia Code section on service of process is two paragraphs long.
You have to take a 12 hour course and pass a 60 question test to get a license.
Service of process is taking a piece of paper/papers and giving it to someone else. Takes about 2 seconds.
Tests are more about the $$$$$ and protecting turf than determining qualifications.

HAHAHA. At first i thought you were serious.

THE STATEWIDE STANDARD IS PASSING THE POLICE PROMOTION EXAM.

Commissioner Edward F. Davis is expected to send an e-mail to officers and command staff Thursday announcing a $2.2 million initiative to *replace a written promotion exam used statewide* with a testing system that could include interviews and other components designed to provide a broader measure of leadership and potential.

THE STATEWIDE STANDARD IS PASSING THE POLICE PROMOTION EXAM.

Commissioner Edward F. Davis is expected to send an e-mail to officers and command staff Thursday announcing a $2.2 million initiative to *replace a written promotion exam used statewide* with a testing system that could include interviews and other components designed to provide a broader measure of leadership and potential.

Last time I checked replace wasn't a synonym for lower

More affirmative action. Blacks are always at the bottom of every test whether it's an IQ test or the SAT or ACT or LSAT or police test or firefighter test. They can't make it on ability .

Boston Police Department planning new promotion system to spur diversity - The Boston Globe

Police to overhaul ranking system
Globe Correspondent / August 9, 2012

Hoping to end decades of tension over the advancement of minority officers, the Boston Police Department plans to overhaul a promotion system that has been criticized for contributing to a lack of diversity in the department’s upper ranks.

Commissioner Edward F. Davis is expected to send an e-mail to officers and command staff Thursday announcing a $2.2 million initiative to *replace a written promotion *exam used statewide with a testing system that could *include interviews and other components designed to provide a broader measure of leadership and potential.

Among the department’s approx*imately two dozen captains — the highest rank determined by the promotion exam — there is one Asian and no blacks, Hispanics, or women.

I am so tired of hearing that a segment of our country can't pass a test, so we have to hire them anyway, think of something else. Study for the damn test! If need, make up study booklets of what that detective should know and make them study for it.

Interviews are subjective and when you have a quota to fill, just plain unreliable. Don't lower the bar, insist on quality from your people! If the people promoted don't know the laws, you just have headaches down the road. Offenders will get off on technicalities and chaos will ensue. Do the right thing, if you must, spend the $2 mil and educate them.

So, I took 2 seconds to google this story. The issue with the test, apparently, is that minorities are not being informed of open positions in higher ranks and are not being given the same time to prep for the written test that white male officers are. They claim that only those in a select group are even being offered those positions. It has come to city attention because of recent issues of police struggling to get cooperation in minority neighborhood or being able to communicate with minorites because all of the officers are white men.

So sad to burst your bubble, but women and blacks are not just naturally stupider then white men.

So, I took 2 seconds to google this story. The issue with the test, apparently, is that minorities are not being informed of open positions in higher ranks and are not being given the same time to prep for the written test that white male officers are. They claim that only those in a select group are even being offered those positions. It has come to city attention because of recent issues of police struggling to get cooperation in minority neighborhood or being able to communicate with minorites because all of the officers are white men.

So sad to burst your bubble, but women and blacks are not just naturally stupider then white men.

That is very interesting! Can I see the link?

I don't think it's by changing the rules for the minorities. If someone can't pass the test, then they can't pass the test. No one should be granted an exemption from the test because of whatever race they are.

That is very interesting! Can I see the link?

Sure

Minority officers eye more Boston police diversity. | Global Ministries Boston

Residents, officers seek more diversity in law enforcement - Boston.com

Forum List

Back