Born in Houston, Country Not Recognized

dilloduck said:
I was referring to the fact that just because a society considers a piece of land to be THEIR homeland doesn't neccessarily mean it is.
OK, i miss understand you. Believe that piece of land belong to someone is hard to maintain unless there is some sort of historical/legal evidence to support it. And yes to some extend jews and american indians have a very similar history. Although one might argue that north american indians did not have the same form of "country" as jews did and we consider the country to be.
There were many American Indian tribes who considered various parts of "new world" to be THEIR homeland. Were they required to register this land as theirs somewhere? Thier civilization was just as real as Israels'.
true, thier civilization is/was as real as anyone else.
By following your logic, this land should be given back to them because God told them this land was theirs. Once they got this land back I would imagine they would ask some people to leave their land. Would those people pack up willingly and say "good luck"?
No i never said "cause God said so". Jews needed a homeland, a logical decision was to establish it at the place were anicent kingdom of israel was and judaism had its roots. In addition, at that time no one else had a country established at that place.
I agree that at the begining some people were forced out, but it was not official policy and majority of refuges left on they own (imho).
The land Israel claims as it's own has been "owned" by other empires for centuries. The jews claim to Israel was a homeland is only "validated" by the old testament until given to them by the UN. Now they "own" it by UN declaration and force.
It was validated by history and logical necessity to protect jews as people and nation. Now they own it by desicion of the international community. Yes, force was and is needed to protect jewish state (everyone else uses force to protect thier respective countries, why deny it to jews), but it is due to "peaceful" nature of its neigbours

dilloduck said:
I was referring to the fact that just because a society considers a piece of land to be THEIR homeland doesn't neccessarily mean it is. There were many American Indian tribes who considered various parts of "new world" to be THEIR homeland. Were they required to register this land as theirs somewhere? Thier civilization was just as real as Israels'. By following your logic, this land should be given back to them because God told them this land was theirs. Once they got this land back I would imagine they would ask some people to leave their land. Would those people pack up willingly and say "good luck"? The land Israel claims as it's own has been "owned" by other empires for centuries. The jews claim to Israel was a homeland is only "validated" by the old testament until given to them by the UN. Now they "own" it by UN declaration and force.

Dilloduck before you put forward your assertion to that a people considering land being their own, history has always said that the land must be theirs by right of war or conquest.

If the German people wish France to become part of greater Germany, they can WISH ALL DAY LONG but France belongs to the French because they have defended it from conquest, ie WW2 being one example.

The Old Testament Bible giving Israel to the Jewish people has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do who owns the land right now.

The land of Israel was fought for by defeating the armies that either were there 3,316 years ago or in the wars that have been waged to take it away from them since that time. Other countries and civilizations have conquered the land of Israel over the centuries but they don't now.

The American Indian people conquered the New World from the people who inhabited it before these former Asians came across the land bridge from Russia to Alaska. The Indians lost this land to the European imigration peoples in war.

Winning a land in war has always been the recognized owner of any land until a stronger army comes along and overtakes the inhabitants. Then that land becomes the owner of the stronger peoples.

That is the way of the world and the history of civilization. No other nations left Israel because the Jews said that G-d gave it to them so get out. The British, the Ottomans, the Jordanians etc, etc, etc, etc were defeated either by another people or nation and now THE LAND BELONGS TO THE JEWISH PEOPLE.

There is no way that this land belong to any other people no matter how many claims they may make. Israel is not an exception to any other country in the world.

dilloduck said:
I was referring to the fact that just because a society considers a piece of land to be THEIR homeland doesn't neccessarily mean it is.
OK, i miss understand you. Believe that piece of land belong to someone is hard to maintain unless there is some sort of historical/legal evidence to support it. And yes to some extend jews and american indians have a very similar history. Although one might argue that north american indians did not have the same form of "country" as jews did and we consider the country to be.
There were many American Indian tribes who considered various parts of "new world" to be THEIR homeland. Were they required to register this land as theirs somewhere? Thier civilization was just as real as Israels'.
true, thier civilization is/was as real as anyone else.
By following your logic, this land should be given back to them because God told them this land was theirs. Once they got this land back I would imagine they would ask some people to leave their land. Would those people pack up willingly and say "good luck"?
No i never said "cause God said so". Jews needed a homeland, a logical decision was to establish it at the place were anicent kingdom of israel was and judaism had its roots. In addition, at that time no one else had a country established at that place.
I agree that at the begining some people were forced out, but it was not official policy and majority of refuges left on they own (imho).
The land Israel claims as it's own has been "owned" by other empires for centuries. The jews claim to Israel was a homeland is only "validated" by the old testament until given to them by the UN. Now they "own" it by UN declaration and force.
It was validated by history and logical necessity to protect jews as people and nation. Now they own it by desicion of the international community. 2,

dilloduck said:
I was referring to the fact that just because a society considers a piece of land to be THEIR homeland doesn't neccessarily mean it is. There were many American Indian tribes who considered various parts of "new world" to be THEIR homeland. Were they required to register this land as theirs somewhere? Thier civilization was just as real as Israels'. By following your logic, this land should be given back to them because God told them this land was theirs. Once they got this land back I would imagine they would ask some people to leave their land. Would those people pack up willingly and say "good luck"? The land Israel claims as it's own has been "owned" by other empires for centuries. The jews claim to Israel was a homeland is only "validated" by the old testament until given to them by the UN. Now they "own" it by UN declaration and force.

Dilloduck before you put forward your assertion to that a people considering land being their own, history has always said that the land must be theirs by right of war or conquest.

If the German people wish France to become part of greater Germany, they can WISH ALL DAY LONG but France belongs to the French because they have defended it from conquest, ie WW2 being one example.

The Old Testament Bible giving Israel to the Jewish people has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do who owns the land right now.

The land of Israel was fought for by defeating the armies that either were there 3,316 years ago or in the wars that have been waged to take it away from them since that time. Other countries and civilizations have conquered the land of Israel over the centuries but they don't now.

The American Indian people conquered the New World from the people who inhabited it before these former Asians came across the land bridge from Russia to Alaska. The Indians lost this land to the European imigration peoples in war.

Winning a land in war has always been the recognized owner of any land until a stronger army comes along and overtakes the inhabitants. Then that land becomes the owner of the stronger peoples.

That is the way of the world and the history of civilization. No other nations left Israel because the Jews said that G-d gave it to them so get out. The British, the Ottomans, the Jordanians etc, etc, etc, etc were defeated either by another people or nation and now THE LAND BELONGS TO THE JEWISH PEOPLE.

There is no way that this land belong to any other people no matter how many claims they may make. Israel is not an exception to any other country in the world.

The Brits weren't defeated---they just turned it over and got the hell out of there

Never seen that happen. This judge must be off his rockers or an anti Semite injecting his hatred into his job.

Forum List

Back