Born a Homo? Part II.

gop_jeff said:
I'm not defending Mormonism. In fact, I would gladly debate against the merits of Mormonism on this board. The point of my post is that you are calling people bigots in one post, then using bigoted remarks in another post. In other words, hypocritical behavior.

I don't hate the Mormans, I just think their religion is bogus. I'm not saying they don't have the right to practice it, or that they should be treated any different than any other religion. I'm not intolerant of them.

I don't have to agree with something or be a bigot. I don't care for homosexuality, but that is not the point. I believe they should have the same rights and benefits as everyone else. Our government should be blind to sex, woman and men should be treated as if they were identical in the eyes of the law.

Wade.

eric said:
Jim brings up a very good point. Homosexuality is a choice, even if genetics do play a role. Therefore it can and should not be covered under any descrimination laws. It is not like the color of one's skin, the physical sex, or a disability in which the person has no say. In these cases, protections must be afforded these people. Look there is very strong evidence that alcoholism can be inherited, yet people must fight this propensity toward it. Should we change our laws to accomodate and protect alcoholics ?

You contradict yourself Eric. You say "Homosexuality is a choice, even if genetics do play a role". That makes no sense.

If a person is genetically homosexual, you are saying that they should deny this because they can choose to be hetrosexual anyway? You are saying they should live their lives contrary to what their biology is demanding of them?

That's the same thing as someone telling you that you should be celibate for life because they don't think you should have sex for some reason that makes sense to them but not to you.

eric said:
They are, that is the point !

No, if they were treated as if they were identical, men could marry men or women, and woman could marry woman or men. The Government would not recognize any difference.

You contradict yourself Eric. You say "Homosexuality is a choice, even if genetics do play a role". That makes no sense.

If a person is genetically homosexual, you are saying that they should deny this because they can choose to be hetrosexual anyway? You are saying they should live their lives contrary to what their biology is demanding of them?

That's the same thing as someone telling you that you should be celibate for life because they don't think you should have sex for some reason that makes sense to them but not to you.
Edit/Delete Message

Notice you did not address alcoholism ! Should they not live their live contrary to what their biology is demanding on them ? Maybe they too should just give in.

I think as time goes on science will find more and more of our sexual, social, and emotional makeup attributed to genectics, do you realize the can of worms that could be opened ?

No, if they were treated as if they were identical, men could marry men or women, and woman could marry woman or men. The Government would not recognize any difference.

That is not what you said wade. Re-read your statement:

Our government should be blind to sex, woman and men should be treated as if they were identical in the eyes of the law.

They are ! Women and men both enjoy the same rights, laws, and freedoms.

There is no even remotely close evidence to prove that people are born homosexual, its a smokescreen for legitimization of a perversion to say so. So much effort has been put into finding one but with little result. A halfway intellectual person would then come to the conclusion that it doesn't exist, therefore its a choice.

wade said:
It's a hate lable that is apporopriate to describe the people I'm directing it at. They hate people because they are different or have different beliefs than they do. That makes them bigots.

And no, I'm using it appropriately - I didn't use prejudice appropriately.

Wade.

Hey Wade fuck off. Find me a post of mine where I said I hate faggots. Here is my position, read it and never label me wrongly again: if two guys want to bang each other in the ass behind the closed doors of their home be my guest, just know that it is a wrong behavior and will not be tolerated by society in PUBLIC. Marriage? Out of the question! No amount of political armbreaking will ever change that fact. Don't believe me? Look at the recent vote by the good people of Missouri, they overwhelmingly said to queers that there is no way you are trying to legitimize your perversion in this state, and that is all this is, people teying to legitimize their perversion of choice.

wade said:

And as it stands right now the same right exists. And if they changed the laws for all women and all men that the same rights would still exist. That's why it's called EQUAL. It changes for all, not just for those that want added rights that others don't enjoy.

wade said:
A homosexual couple is denied the rights of hetrosexual couples. This has both legal and financial implications.

For instance: homosexuals are effectively subsidizing the family health plans of their hetrosexual co-workers.

This is not right.

Wade.

The hell its not right! You can't be a couple with someone of the same sex, thats what nature and currently the law says, unless you are in Queerachusets. If I have a roomate for a few years, my buddy, and he has better health insurance than me, am I entitled to his health insurance because we share rent? HELL NO! WE ARE BOTH MALES! Jesus why is that so fucken hard to understand for some people? Its as simple as 2+2, man and woman.

OCA said:
Hey Wade fuck off. Find me a post of mine where I said I hate faggots. Here is my position, read it and never label me wrongly again: if two guys want to bang each other in the ass behind the closed doors of their home be my guest, just know that it is a wrong behavior and will not be tolerated by society in PUBLIC. Marriage? Out of the question! No amount of political armbreaking will ever change that fact. Don't believe me? Look at the recent vote by the good people of Missouri, they overwhelmingly said to queers that there is no way you are trying to legitimize your perversion in this state, and that is all this is, people teying to legitimize their perversion of choice.

Yeah, I just ignored his ealier pathetic rant when he was calling me a bigot. I couldn't care less if someone thinks I'm a bigot because I find homosexuality to be filthy, disgusting behavior. It would be like someone calling me a bigot because I have issues with those who eat others turds. Poor turd eaters!

For instance: homosexuals are effectively subsidizing the family health plans of their hetrosexual co-workers.

Well, I have no children, yet I pay school tax !

wade said:
I don't hate the Mormans, I just think their religion is bogus. I'm not saying they don't have the right to practice it, or that they should be treated any different than any other religion. I'm not intolerant of them.

HOLY SHIT!!!

Did I just read "I don't hate the PERSON - just their BEHAVIOUR (practicing the religion)???????"

If so...now you get it.

-=d=- said:
HOLY SHIT!!!

Did I just read "I don't hate the PERSON - just their BEHAVIOUR (practicing the religion)???????"

If so...now you get it.

The difference is I support their right to practice that religion, even though I don't agree with it.

wade said:
The difference is I support their right to practice that religion, even though I don't agree with it.

I support Homos' right to practice too...you and I are the same, except I'm prone to reason and responsibility. ;)

OCA said:
The hell its not right! You can't be a couple with someone of the same sex, thats what nature and currently the law says, unless you are in Queerachusets. If I have a roomate for a few years, my buddy, and he has better health insurance than me, am I entitled to his health insurance because we share rent? HELL NO! WE ARE BOTH MALES! Jesus why is that so fucken hard to understand for some people? Its as simple as 2+2, man and woman.

Are you in love with your buddy? Have you taken vows to become a monogamous couple? Did you get a marriage license? Roommates of course aren't allowed benefits given to married people, so your argument is non-sequitur.

OCA said:
There is no even remotely close evidence to prove that people are born homosexual, its a smokescreen for legitimization of a perversion to say so. So much effort has been put into finding one but with little result. A halfway intellectual person would then come to the conclusion that it doesn't exist, therefore its a choice.

So your argument is that all human behavior is a matter of choice. So let's tell little Johnny with his IQ of 40 that he is choosing to be stupid, and lets punish him until he performs at a genius level. There's no proof positive of a stupid gene (although a lot of posts I read here could be called strong evidence) so therefore the conclusion must be it's a choice.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.
wade and I had a nice little pm conversation private of course so please don't ask, I think he is pretty much on the same page as the rest of us in this thread. He just had a hard time expressing that.

:dance:

-Cp said:
It's not so much their gross choices that bother me, it's them seeking to destroy the sanctity of marriage and wanting special rights... It also bothers me that so many people try and spread the myth that people are born homo, which takes away the personal responsability of the situation...

So, you don't think taht people can be "born gay?"
Do you think one day a guy is just like:

"You know, I really like pussy a whole lot but it might be fun to lick a guys ass and swallow his semen?"

nycflasher said:
So, you don't think taht people can be "born gay?"
Do you think one day a guy is just like:

"You know, I really like pussy a whole lot but it might be fun to lick a guys ass and swallow his semen?"

Is that called for?

Forum List

Back