Borders is recalling the book Unfit for Command

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
I heard a woman caller on the Hannity show say she called Borders to locate a copy, and the clerk told her they are (get this)! pulling it off the shelves and reacalling it because it's found to be untrue. WHAT!!!!!!
So I went home and did some calling myself, and sure enough I got a very similar response, it was being recalled and they don't plan to sell anymore copies, so of course I said to the little elitist hippie lib that they should start pulling all the Al Franken books, and Clinton books etc. He just stammered something like well it wasn't my decision.

My head is ready to explode with rage :blowup:

And the LIBS want to talk about cencorship????? :finger:

Bonnie said:
I heard a woman caller on the Hannity show say she called Borders to locate a copy, and the clerk told her they are (get this)! pulling it off the shelves and reacalling it because it's found to be untrue. WHAT!!!!!!
So I went home and did some calling myself, and sure enough I got a very similar response, it was being recalled and they don't plan to sell anymore copies, so of course I said to the little elitist hippie lib that they should start pulling all the Al Franken books, and Clinton books etc. He just stammered something like well it wasn't my decision.

I just called my Border's after reading this. They said they don't have it in stock and our taking orders. When I asked how long, she said, "From what we've been told, even the distributors don't have it." :wtf:

Kathianne said:
I just called my Border's after reading this. They said they don't have it in stock and are taking orders. When I asked how long, she said, "From what we've been told, even the distributors don't have it." :wtf:

Borders, if true, is opening itself up for a HUGE lawsuit. If you own their stock, I would sell it!

Kathianne said:
I just called my Border's after reading this. They said they don't have it in stock and our taking orders. When I asked how long, she said, "From what we've been told, even the distributors don't have it." :wtf:

It's very available on Vet's website. Hopefully the Borders by you has more integrity, although Im a little dubious of the whole distributors don't have it. Who knows anymore??

They are still selling it online. After work, I am going to drop by the Borders right across the street and see what they say....

Notice the delivery time! Cutting it pretty close to the election ain't they? I wonder if this is a publishing problem, or part of a larger plan?

List Price: $27.95
Price: $19.01 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. See details.
You Save: $8.94 (32%)
Availability: Usually ships within 5 to 7 weeks

I just called my favorite local bookshop, they too are taking orders, but say it won't be out until September.

Kathianne said:
I just called my favorite local bookshop, they too are taking orders, but say it won't be out until September.

Well it's either some dastardly plan by the Kerry camapign, or a lot of people want to read this book and the distributors can't keep up with demand..whihc would be a much better scenario...... :cool: Im ordering it online just to have a copy.

I just called Barnes& Noble, and was told they originally were not going to carry the book due to lack of interest (yeah right) ,but thye recieved a lot of calls asking for it so they have ordered a limited number based upon a pre order list, and they should be in by late Sept??? Whatever?

The closest store (Borders) to me sold out, they have more on order...
expected within the week...(I'm just outside Atlanta).
So I think the MORON!! you spoke to Bonnie..just didn't know what they were
talking about.
EDIT: I did check the web site...5-7 weeks to ship! HUMMMMMMMM.....

I would think if Borders was recalling the book because its blatantly "untrue" that perhaps they might want to start recalling Bill and Hillary's books first. After all they wouldnt want to soil their name by selling an untrue book.

Seriously though i didnt believe the story much. I think the woman might have misunderstood. Either that or a Kerry supporter lied to her. Either way its not likely true. if they had to recall every book that had a lie in it they would have to recall all of the nonfiction books cause im sure they all have something wrong.

I would think if Borders was recalling the book because its blatantly "untrue" that perhaps they might want to start recalling Bill and Hillary's books first. After all they wouldnt want to soil their name by selling an untrue book.

Seriously though i didnt believe the story much. I think the woman might have misunderstood. Either that or a Kerry supporter lied to her. Either way its not likely true. if they had to recall every book that had a lie in it they would have to recall all of the nonfiction books cause im sure they all have something wrong.

Hopefully it is an isolated incident.......However I had called a Borders and got the same response more or less.......

Bonnie said:

I agree with you about censoring this book. That is retarded. I am a proud democrat and I support Kerry 100% but I think that censoring any book just because it is extreme is really stupid.

Wonder why Kerry wants to censor this book so much if its untrue...i wonder...

Thats what im thinking. If its untrue then he'll have himself a mighty fine lawsuit against the publisher and the swift vets, right? Do it quick enough and he can get some more campaign funding going. Of course thats all dependent on the fact that the book is untrue.

I wonder if a democrat/liberal could tell me the definition of hypocracy?

Libs =
sheep.gif

Bonnie said:
Kerry wants Vet's book withdrawn from being published.

www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40062

David Brock:

"There is something fundamentally wrong when a book that is rampant with falsehoods and misinformation is published and sold as non-fiction."

That sleazebag ought to know. Falsehoods and misinformation are his stock in trade.

How badly is the truth hurting John Kerry? That's easy to measure: How hysterical are the Democrats - how desperate are they to squelch or discredit this information? It's all rather comic.

musicman said:
David Brock:

"There is something fundamentally wrong when a book that is rampant with falsehoods and misinformation is published and sold as non-fiction."

That sleazebag ought to know. Falsehoods and misinformation are his stock in trade.

How badly is the truth hurting John Kerry? That's easy to measure: How hysterical are the Democrats - how desperate are they to squelch or discredit this information? It's all rather comic.

This book is really unnerving them. Its rather sad. Whats really sad is how far behind Kerry will be in the polls after the convention next week. There are just too many factor lining up against them.

1)Bush and the Republicans are going to putting out a specific agenda for the second term and will be emphasizing the rather good record the President has already in the areas of fighting terror, the economy, and education.

2)The Democrat protests are going to draw more attention to what the Republicans are saying. After all if people see alot of people protesting they are going to say ok so what is it that they are proesting. Thats not a good thing for the Democrats.

3)If the Democrat protesters are as riotous as they are intending their protests will end up turning into another Wellstone Memorial. I may never have lived in New York, but i know quite a few New Yorkers and there are going to be alot of them watching the protesters and see the hate, and games with the police that are distracting them from their jobs of protecting the people that they will get seriously turned off by it. And heaven forbid if the Democrat distraction of the police allows New York to be hit by another terror attack. Im telling you these protest are not going to be looked upon favorably with the people of New York or anywhere else in the United States if the Democrats go through with what they are promising.

Kerry is a boat load of trouble with the vets and the convention coming up. The sad thing is he doesnt realize that its his own supporters that are going to do the most damage to him.

Forum List

Back