Bogus, Race Baiting, Black Panther Story Exposed For What It Is

First it was that the source was no good. Then it was that the opinion was suspect. Now it's that no matter what, you wanna cling to your outrage.

Just admit it....this is a wet dream you've been having and you dun wanna wake the fuck up.

I actually posted evidence in one thread that the DoJ followed long standing precedent throughout the NBPP case, even when they dropped it after winning a default judgement. It seems that the decisions to downgrade the case from criminal to civil were made under Bush, and were standard practice because the intimidation was not unintentional, nor was it organized. After they got the order to bar Shabbaz from polling places while in possession of a weapon there was no reason to continue the case. All of these decisions were made before Holder was confirmed, and before the specific person now considered crucial to the case by conservatives was even nominated for her office.

As I actually argued the other side of the case before I thought that might make a difference, but the only person to run with the post I made was TM, and there is not a lot of debate ability behind that name. Nevertheless, this is a non issue as all the decisions were made by career prosecutors in the DoJ, and follow longstanding policy in these case. The outcome would have been exactly the same if the people charged initially were Republicans.

I have NO problem with them downgrading it to a civil issue rather than a criminal one, perhaps that IS SOP, it is NOT however SOP to drop a case after securing a win by default or otherwise but before sentencing, and THAT was done under Holder.

Read the article posted by Bfgrn and follow the links, or just go dig up my post in the other thread where I spelled everything out. They got an injunction that is still in effect that bars Shabbaz from having a weapon anywhere near a polling place. Everything after that is standard procedure, including dropping the charges.

I actually posted evidence in one thread that the DoJ followed long standing precedent throughout the NBPP case, even when they dropped it after winning a default judgement. It seems that the decisions to downgrade the case from criminal to civil were made under Bush, and were standard practice because the intimidation was not unintentional, nor was it organized. After they got the order to bar Shabbaz from polling places while in possession of a weapon there was no reason to continue the case. All of these decisions were made before Holder was confirmed, and before the specific person now considered crucial to the case by conservatives was even nominated for her office.

As I actually argued the other side of the case before I thought that might make a difference, but the only person to run with the post I made was TM, and there is not a lot of debate ability behind that name. Nevertheless, this is a non issue as all the decisions were made by career prosecutors in the DoJ, and follow longstanding policy in these case. The outcome would have been exactly the same if the people charged initially were Republicans.

I have NO problem with them downgrading it to a civil issue rather than a criminal one, perhaps that IS SOP, it is NOT however SOP to drop a case after securing a win by default or otherwise but before sentencing, and THAT was done under Holder.

Read the article posted by Bfgrn and follow the links, or just go dig up my post in the other thread where I spelled everything out. They got an injunction that is still in effect that bars Shabbaz from having a weapon anywhere near a polling place. Everything after that is standard procedure, including dropping the charges.

Bullshit, they settled for an injunction against him doing something that is ALREADY illegal, and that only in Philadelphia and that only until 2012.

You can't call that justice.

That would be like if Yukon finally gets caught buggering a little boy and the DA gets an injunction against him buggering little boys in Toronto until 2012. BIG DEAL.

Bullshit, they settled for an injunction against him doing something that is ALREADY illegal, and that only in Philadelphia and that only until 2012.

That would be like if Yukon finally gets caught buggering a little boy and the DA gets an injunction against him buggering little boys in Toronto until 2012. BIG DEAL.

I did not say it is justice, I said it is standard procedure, which means that the exact same thing would have happened if Glenn Beck had been the one doing it. That is all we can really expect from our justice system, that it treats everyone the same way.

How many members are there in the new black panther movement? Where exactly did they threaten, change the vote for, scare people? Where? In a white polling place? In west philly?

These nuts are laughed at by blacks in the black area they were at. You all dont get this? Blacks laugh at them because they are jokes. Dont believe me? They are pro black, anti white hate group in philly and they got 100 people in their organization. IN PHILLY, 100! Wow, the revolution. Kelly, no wonder you are so scared.

Fucking jokes. But Fox will throw it out as the black boogey man that scares you to no end for some reason.

Fox just sucks ass.

Remember the recent screeching of the Republican Noise Machine about the Obama's administrations alleged dropping of voter intimidation charges against members of the Black Panthers and attempting to twist this false claim into a racial issue?

Media Matters has something to say about that. Listen up:

. . . the ever-evolving, increasingly ridiculous New Black Panther Party "scandal," which revolves around the allegation -- and it's hard to believe that right-wingers actually profess to believe this -- that the Obama Justice Department dropped voter intimidation charges against members of this fringe hate group due to the administration's official policy of not pursuing cases in which the defendant is black and the victim is white. Is there evidence for any of this? No. Does the partisan GOP hack/former DOJ attorney making this allegation have any facts to support it? Not so much. But that's the story they're sticking to, and it has sparked a frenzy of race-baiting more explicit than any we've seen thus far during the Obama administration.

And . . .

Fox News has, of course, been leading the charge, embarking on what Jonathan Chait calls "the most widespread and mainstream right-wing effort to exploit racial fears against Obama." Glenn Beck nonsensically claimed that the New Black Panthers "have ties to the White House" and flat-out accused the administration of tacitly endorsing the "race war" he sees coming down the pike. Perpetually outraged Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly, the "straight news" driving force behind the bogus story, has been corrected on the facts more times than should be necessary, but continues to hype the story with wide-eyed indignation.

(I love that characterization of Megyn Kelly - "perpetually outraged." Spot on.) And still more . . .

In some ways, that's to be expected from Fox News. The danger is that, with not much else going on and the right-wing rage machine operating at high speed, the bogus story starts bleeding into the mainstream press. Kelly herself boasted that Fox News "dragged the media kicking and screaming" to the New Black Panther story, and already there have been overly credulous treatments of the non-scandal on CNN and in the pages of The Washington Post.

So here ya go, USMB race baiters - whatcha think of THAT?

I don't know. What do you think about that?

As someone who couldn't care less about race, I can't imagine how news of a DOJ official because he was forced to drop the case against the NBP wouldn't be news. Nor how it's race baiting to question why the Administration did this and inform the people what exactly the NBP did and stand for.

Perhaps you could tell me why they dropped the case just before sentencing. I've never heard of such a thing in Criminal proceedings.

I am also perplexed why you would call this racebaiting but excuse the constant stream of racebaiting that is done almost daily by the left.

I did not say it is justice, I said it is standard procedure, which means that the exact same thing would have happened if Glenn Beck had been the one doing it. That is all we can really expect from our justice system, that it treats everyone the same way.

Incorrect and you know it, you absolutely KNOW that if that had been a KKK member Holder would have had them barbecued. You're more honest than this QW.

How many members are there in the new black panther movement? Where exactly did they threaten, change the vote for, scare people? Where? In a white polling place? In west philly?

These nuts are laughed at by blacks in the black area they were at. You all dont get this? Blacks laugh at them because they are jokes. Dont believe me? They are pro black, anti white hate group in philly and they got 100 people in their organization. IN PHILLY, 100! Wow, the revolution. Kelly, no wonder you are so scared.

Fucking jokes. But Fox will throw it out as the black boogey man that scares you to no end for some reason.

Fox just sucks ass.

You suck ass, what does it matter if there was only ONE white voter there, or none even? A black person couldn't possibly have been intimidated by this?

Actually , no one had to be intimidated, that's one of the many things you fail to understand . The law states that its illegal if it has the POTENTIAL to intimidate. PERIOD.

Incorrect and you know it, you absolutely KNOW that if that had been a KKK member Holder would have had them barbecued. You're more honest than this QW.

It was not Holder's decision.

So here ya go, USMB race baiters - whatcha think of THAT?

You don't really expect people who are racist to the core to acknowledge their own racism, do you?

Very wise Jillian. Because a racist from any race, creed , or color will probably deny, deny, deny. As we have seen so very many times on so very many threads.

It's time we woke up and realized that we are all Americans.

It was not Holder's decision.

Sorry, but the head of the DoJ gets the blame for it. And what's more I will NEVER believe Obama wasn't compliant in the decision as well.

Why not, Jillian?

Because people generally don't believe they *are* racist.... even when they are.

... except for a very unrepentant few who wear their racism proudly. I think, actually, if certain people realized how racist they sound to others, they'd be horrified
but that is branding an awful lot of people "racist" for purely political means

Why not, Jillian?

Because people generally don't believe they *are* racist.... even when they are.

... except for a very unrepentant few who wear their racism proudly. I think, actually, if certain people realized how racist they sound to others, they'd be horrified
but that is branding an awful lot of people "racist" for purely political means

there are a lot of racists in the world. their numbers shouldn't keep anyone from pointing them out.

Why not, Jillian?

I don't think the left really cares how racist they sound or are. As long as they can blame it on others.

Forum List

Back