Bogus, Race Baiting, Black Panther Story Exposed For What It Is

Perez%20Testimony.jpg

This means that the case was downgraded to a civil case 11 days before Obama was inaugurated, 26 days before Eric Holder became attorney general, and about nine months before Thomas Perez was confirmed as head of the Civil Rights Division.

When Was The New Black Panther Case Downgraded?

obama_inauguration_party_invitation_formal_postcard-p239143782742049542qibm_400.jpg

Perez%20Testimony.jpg

This means that the case was downgraded to a civil case 11 days before Obama was inaugurated, 26 days before Eric Holder became attorney general, and about nine months before Thomas Perez was confirmed as head of the Civil Rights Division.

obama_inauguration_party_invitation_formal_postcard-p239143782742049542qibm_400.jpg

Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandes declared, “Never bring another lawsuit against a black or other national minority, apparently no matter what they do.” But according to the Raben Group, a progressive PR firm Fernades worked for prior to the Justice Department, she didn't leave her job with them until June 22, 2009, more than six months after the criminal case against the NBPP members was dropped. Even if she did say that -- and none of my sources in the Voting Section ever heard her say anything of the sort -- it wouldn't have had any bearing on the NBPP case, because she wasn't there when it was dismissed.

All of which kind of puts a rather large wrinkle in the
From your link

It's a double standard, because the races involved are both of a double standard.

Perez%20Testimony.jpg

Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandes declared, “Never bring another lawsuit against a black or other national minority, apparently no matter what they do.” But according to the Raben Group, a progressive PR firm Fernades worked for prior to the Justice Department, she didn't leave her job with them until June 22, 2009, more than six months after the criminal case against the NBPP members was dropped. Even if she did say that -- and none of my sources in the Voting Section ever heard her say anything of the sort -- it wouldn't have had any bearing on the NBPP case, because she wasn't there when it was dismissed.

From your link

No pea brain...Conservative activist and former Voting Section Attorney J. Christian Adams said that Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandes declared,...

All of which kind of puts a rather large wrinkle in

All of which kind of puts a rather large wrinkle in the right-wing fantasy that the decision to pursue a civil rather than criminal case against The New Black Panther Party members was a racist decree handed down from the racist leadership of the Obama administration. None of the Obama administration's political appointees who have been attacked as having mandated this decision were even working at the Department of Justice at the time the case was downgraded!

you DO realize that shes saying that the NBP thing is small potatoes, right?
not that shes defending Holder

I would say pointing how obviously petty and stupid the NBP thing is qualifies as defending Holder.
then you didnt actually READ it

BFD, she talks about other stuff not related to this case. IOW, as far as this manufactured outrage is concerned, she is defending him.

Costanza, By using Media Matters, a nationally known and DISCREDITED mouthpiece for the Extreme Left of the Obamarrhoidal Liberrhoids, as a source for your political (and Black Racist) bias, when any politically rational person is aware of its notoriety for distortions and OUTRIGHT LIES...... you have established what probably many have already suspected: that you are a braindead political extremist to the left of the usual Obamarrhoidal Liberrhoids on USMB.

And, as far as I am concerned, Pieces of Shit like you, spreading your POLITICAL BULLSHIT the way you do, do more harm to America than Al Queda. You, and your kind, are the REAL ENEMY WITHIN.

Last edited:
Perez%20Testimony.jpg

From your link

No pea brain...Conservative activist and former Voting Section Attorney J. Christian Adams said that Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandes declared,...

All of which kind of puts a rather large wrinkle in the right-wing fantasy that the decision to pursue a civil rather than criminal case against The New Black Panther Party members was a racist decree handed down from the racist leadership of the Obama administration. None of the Obama administration's political appointees who have been attacked as having mandated this decision were even working at the Department of Justice at the time the case was downgraded!

Does it matter who appointed her dumbass?

From your link

Man, you are dense. But I found that out when you hacked up and misinterpreted Mein Kampf and portrayed Hitler as a left winger.

WHAT matters is IF she even said it. Conservative activist and former Voting Section Attorney J. Christian Adams ACCUSED her of saying it, but he has no proof.

Man, you are dense. But I found that out when you hacked up and misinterpreted Mein Kampf and portrayed Hitler as a left winger.

WHAT matters is IF she even said it. Conservative activist and former Voting Section Attorney J. Christian Adams ACCUSED her of saying it, but he has no proof.

No you are the stupid moron that hacked it up.

I think if you go to other places like USMB, you will not find so many threads that are about RACE.

That's because this place is haunted by either self identifying NAZIs, but more importantly, as as obviously, it is inhabited by people who are crypto racists.

These "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth and I'm only asking this simple question" racists are either very stupid, or think that most of us are very stupid.

They are, quite frankly, intellectually decietful cowards.

I have more respect for those of you honest enough to admit that you are prejudiced against people based on race.

At least with you guys we can debate the issues, rather than pretending that we are here simply trying to get the facts staight.

So my advise to you who are racists, is this; BE ALL YOU CAN BE if you're going to be a racist.

Don't hide your light under a bushel.

Come out and say what you mean, and stop pretending to be reasonable men, you punks.

Last edited:
Remember the recent screeching of the Republican Noise Machine about the Obama's administrations alleged dropping of voter intimidation charges against members of the Black Panthers and attempting to twist this false claim into a racial issue?

Media Matters has something to say about that. Listen up:

. . . the ever-evolving, increasingly ridiculous New Black Panther Party "scandal," which revolves around the allegation -- and it's hard to believe that right-wingers actually profess to believe this -- that the Obama Justice Department dropped voter intimidation charges against members of this fringe hate group due to the administration's official policy of not pursuing cases in which the defendant is black and the victim is white. Is there evidence for any of this? No. Does the partisan GOP hack/former DOJ attorney making this allegation have any facts to support it? Not so much. But that's the story they're sticking to, and it has sparked a frenzy of race-baiting more explicit than any we've seen thus far during the Obama administration.

And . . .

Fox News has, of course, been leading the charge, embarking on what Jonathan Chait calls "the most widespread and mainstream right-wing effort to exploit racial fears against Obama." Glenn Beck nonsensically claimed that the New Black Panthers "have ties to the White House" and flat-out accused the administration of tacitly endorsing the "race war" he sees coming down the pike. Perpetually outraged Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly, the "straight news" driving force behind the bogus story, has been corrected on the facts more times than should be necessary, but continues to hype the story with wide-eyed indignation.

(I love that characterization of Megyn Kelly - "perpetually outraged." Spot on.) And still more . . .

In some ways, that's to be expected from Fox News. The danger is that, with not much else going on and the right-wing rage machine operating at high speed, the bogus story starts bleeding into the mainstream press. Kelly herself boasted that Fox News "dragged the media kicking and screaming" to the New Black Panther story, and already there have been overly credulous treatments of the non-scandal on CNN and in the pages of The Washington Post.

So here ya go, USMB race baiters - whatcha think of THAT?

Tea Party Speaker Calls Out KKK Members! Herman Cain, Georgia Tea Party
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi-miawfDNU&playnext_from=TL&videos=W3fFB5s7OVs&feature=sub]YouTube - Tea Party Speaker Calls Out KKK Members! Herman Cain, Georgia Tea Party[/ame]

Bogus, Race Baiting?

New Black Panther Case Spurs Civil Rights Commission to Challenge DOJ

Ratcheting up a growing controversy over how the Obama Administration enforces civil rights and voting rights laws, the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights said today it has evidence of "possible unequal administration of justice" within the Justice Department, citing testimony that revealed widespread, "pervasive hostility" against discrimination and voter intimidation claims by whites

New Black Panther Case Spurs Civil Rights Commission to Challenge DOJ - Crossroads - CBS News

Remember the recent screeching of the Republican Noise Machine about the Obama's administrations alleged dropping of voter intimidation charges against members of the Black Panthers and attempting to twist this false claim into a racial issue?

Media Matters has something to say about that. Listen up:

So here ya go, USMB race baiters - whatcha think of THAT?

Hey George! Did you know that the word "gullible" isn't actually in the dictionary?

George, the more I read of your postings the more I believe you are nothing but a bitter, old, possibly senile , partisan hack.

First it was that the source was no good. Then it was that the opinion was suspect. Now it's that no matter what, you wanna cling to your outrage.

Just admit it....this is a wet dream you've been having and you dun wanna wake the fuck up.

I actually posted evidence in one thread that the DoJ followed long standing precedent throughout the NBPP case, even when they dropped it after winning a default judgement. It seems that the decisions to downgrade the case from criminal to civil were made under Bush, and were standard practice because the intimidation was not unintentional, nor was it organized. After they got the order to bar Shabbaz from polling places while in possession of a weapon there was no reason to continue the case. All of these decisions were made before Holder was confirmed, and before the specific person now considered crucial to the case by conservatives was even nominated for her office.

As I actually argued the other side of the case before I thought that might make a difference, but the only person to run with the post I made was TM, and there is not a lot of debate ability behind that name. Nevertheless, this is a non issue as all the decisions were made by career prosecutors in the DoJ, and follow longstanding policy in these case. The outcome would have been exactly the same if the people charged initially were Republicans.

First it was that the source was no good. Then it was that the opinion was suspect. Now it's that no matter what, you wanna cling to your outrage.

Just admit it....this is a wet dream you've been having and you dun wanna wake the fuck up.

I actually posted evidence in one thread that the DoJ followed long standing precedent throughout the NBPP case, even when they dropped it after winning a default judgement. It seems that the decisions to downgrade the case from criminal to civil were made under Bush, and were standard practice because the intimidation was not unintentional, nor was it organized. After they got the order to bar Shabbaz from polling places while in possession of a weapon there was no reason to continue the case. All of these decisions were made before Holder was confirmed, and before the specific person now considered crucial to the case by conservatives was even nominated for her office.

As I actually argued the other side of the case before I thought that might make a difference, but the only person to run with the post I made was TM, and there is not a lot of debate ability behind that name. Nevertheless, this is a non issue as all the decisions were made by career prosecutors in the DoJ, and follow longstanding policy in these case. The outcome would have been exactly the same if the people charged initially were Republicans.

I have NO problem with them downgrading it to a civil issue rather than a criminal one, perhaps that IS SOP, it is NOT however SOP to drop a case after securing a win by default or otherwise but before sentencing, and THAT was done under Holder.

Forum List

Back