Boehner to GOP: "Prepare For Shutdown!!!!"

lol, can you believe the Democrats want to NEGOTIATE ON BUDGET CUTS.

if they were SERIOUS about any of this, they would of proposed the CUTS when they had the SUPERMAJORITY and SHOVED OBAMACARE down our throats without negotiating with the Republicans..

SCREW THE DEMOCRATS, we the people ain't in the mood for negotiating with ya now.

cut cut cut or shut er down.

lol, can you believe the Democrats want to NEGOTIATE ON BUDGET CUTS.

if they were SERIOUS about any of this, they would of proposed the CUTS when they had the SUPERMAJORITY and SHOVED OBAMACARE down our throats without negotiating with the Republicans..

SCREW THE DEMOCRATS, we the people ain't in the mood for negotiating with ya now.

cut cut cut or shut er down.

I can't believe the idiots in DC are arguing over what amounts to less than 2% of the fucking monstrosity that is the federal budget.

Boehner to GOP: "Prepare For Shutdown!!!!"
Hell.....Boner's a gutless-weenie.

He can't even manage people as stupid as the Teabaggers, without breakin'-down & cryin'.

He makes a lot o' NOISE....but, what's he actually done.....in 2011?

Wankin.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2RloNSp8tc]YouTube - GOP House Leader A Lazy Drunk?[/ame]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, not a founder of original neoconservatism because he would have to be pretty old (but I suspect you knew that but want to get literal), but certainly the quintessential modern Neoconservative.

And, I'd link to wikipedia, but I bet you can find it. Krauthammer opposes the death penalty, as do most Neocons - not what the left thinks a Neocon is. Religious views are irrelevant in neoconservative philosophy. One can conflate social conservatism to Neoconservatsim, but that does not mean they are correct.

I'm glad you see the difference between the original Neoconservatives and the new version.

You are correct about Krauthammer's political views on abortion and the death penalty. But that doesn't mean that the majority of the Neoconservative movement is in agreement with him. That would be like saying the GOP is pro-choice because their one time front runner Rudy Giuliani is and Mitt Romney used to be.

But I am not saying the majority of the neoconservatives are anti- or pro-death penalty. That would be foolish of me since the neocon moniker is so often poorly and inaccurately used. I am saying the Neoconservative philosophy is not pro death penalty. And, I have also said that what the left considers a neocon (one following the Neoconservative philosophy) and one who actually does follow the Neoconservative philosophy are not quite the same, in fact often very opposite.

I know what you say. I also know what Krauthammer says. But I have yet to see any proof that my original statement that Neo-Cons support the death penalty was in any way inaccurate.

Oh my oh my what will we do without the benevolent government for a couple days?

Don't worry, Sheep. The world will not end.

I'm glad you see the difference between the original Neoconservatives and the new version.

You are correct about Krauthammer's political views on abortion and the death penalty. But that doesn't mean that the majority of the Neoconservative movement is in agreement with him. That would be like saying the GOP is pro-choice because their one time front runner Rudy Giuliani is and Mitt Romney used to be.

But I am not saying the majority of the neoconservatives are anti- or pro-death penalty. That would be foolish of me since the neocon moniker is so often poorly and inaccurately used. I am saying the Neoconservative philosophy is not pro death penalty. And, I have also said that what the left considers a neocon (one following the Neoconservative philosophy) and one who actually does follow the Neoconservative philosophy are not quite the same, in fact often very opposite.

I know what you say. I also know what Krauthammer says. But I have yet to see any proof that my original statement that Neo-Cons support the death penalty was in any way inaccurate.

Huh? If you go to the wiki link, you can start with one of several sited op-eds by Krauthammer referenced in the quote I gave you about being against the death penalty.

Huh? If you go to the wiki link, you can start with one of several sited op-eds by Krauthammer referenced in the quote I gave you about being against the death penalty.

Ok. So like I said what we have is his opinion which amounts to ONE influential voice among tens of thousands. Period.

Have you missed the posts I made against gun control? So I guess just because I'm a Democrat and speak out against gun control you can say that the Democrat platform is against gun control.

House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner on Monday told fellow Republicans to prepare for a government shutdown

Boehner tells Republicans to gird for shutdown - Yahoo! News

They could start with cutting their own salaries and government health care.

If it happens I wonder if this one will be more successful than Newt Gingrich's shut down? The electorate was wanting to string old Newt and the GOP up.

I believe the senate had passed stand alone bill to stop pay if they shut down......:eusa_whistle:

and one more time- IF the Dems had one their job last year we would not be here, hello, first time since 1974 no budget was approved for the following calender year.

Just saw on TV what will be affected by the shutdown. Tax refunds will be unavailable, which might get some attention.

its almost a done deal, house rules say you need 72 hours to post a bill for consideration,
and the President is MIA, no suggestions no plans, the reps have put up another plan-

House Appropriations Chairman Hal Rogers today introduced another temporary funding measure – known as a Continuing Resolution (CR) – to prevent a government shutdown for an additional week while cutting a total of $12 billion in discretionary spending. The measure also includes funding for the Department of Defense for the remainder of the current fiscal year. …

“We cannot let the unruly actions of one person cause a government-wide shutdown and unravel the efforts House Republicans have made to significantly reduce spending and rein in our historic deficits. Therefore, I am introducing a short-term continuing resolution today to keep the government open for another week. This bill will cut $12 billion to help chip away at ballooning budgets, and includes responsible funding for our national defense for the rest of the fiscal year.

“This bill is not the preferable way to go forward, and I would greatly prefer to come to a final agreement with the Senate to put this long-overdue budget work behind us. However, we must maintain critical programs and services for the American people and protect our nation’s financial future. This legislation give us this option, while exacting a price for Leader Reid’s delays and allowing time to finally begin honest negotiations.”

The cuts get spread across the entire federal government, including Defense, an effort to demonstrate that conservatives will sacrifice on their priorities to ensure reductions in government spending. Here is the brief list of cuts, with more detail at the Appropriations site:

* Agriculture – $1.4 billion
* Commerce/Science/Justice – $430 million
* Energy and Water – $976 million
* Military Construction/Veterans Affairs – $979 million
* Financial Services – $763 million
* Homeland Security – $1.4 billion
* Interior – $1.27 billion
* Labor/HHS – $2.5 billion
* State/Foreign Operations – $832 million
* Transportation/HUD – $2.7 billion

Committee on Appropriations

That’s a lengthy list that spreads the pain fairly equally. Defense, however, takes more cuts than any, with rescissions of earmarks alone accounting for over $4 billion in reductions. However, the House bill would fund Defense for the full year, not just the one week period following the expiration of the current CR. Rogers reduced Pentagon funding by 2.9% from Obama’s FY2011 request, which still amounts to an increase of 1.5% from FY2010 ($7 billion).

New GOP CR cuts $12 billion in one week « Hot Air

Forum List

Back