Boehner says NO to raising tax rates

Should have thought about that before you voted for the Status Quo.

"waaaaa! America didn't agree with me! So now I'm going to do everything I can to fuck up our country!"

Blackmail is always fun.

So you think raising the debt limit to over 18 Trillion is not going to "fuck up our country"?

I told em, 20 trillion before 2years is gone. They deserve what they get. The more they suffer the happier I'll be. Revenge is key. Ask obama

.. And Owebama has vowed to veto 'fiscal cliff' bills without it.

Who caves, or do we really get Taxmageddon?

I say give the people what they voted for, which is the fiscal cliff.

Boehner Exclusive: Raising Tax Rates 'Unacceptable' but New Revenue on Table - ABC News

While I think it is silly for him to rule out any Tax Increases right off the bat. I find it equally crazy that Obama and his supporters actually believe we can solve our Deficit Problems by Taxing the Rich "a little bit more"

Simple math proves that Fallacy. The only real path out of this hole is Robust Economic Growth which will translate into Growth of the Tax base.

Hard choices will have to be made, Real Reforms will have to be made. Most likely we will all still end up having to pay more in Taxes, but we can't tax our way out of this spending. The Lions share of the work of fixing this will have to be done by controlling spending, Reforming Entitlements, and Creating the Conditions for Robust Private Sector Growth.

But then I am not sure why I am bothering. There is not anyone in DC who really care about anything further than the next election away, and therefore nothing will get done. We will continue to march toward the inevitable collapse.

Woooot!

You can't get robust economic growth with Obama raping industry. It's not going to happen.

Boehner will fold....he has no choice

He can either agree to a deal or the increases will be made without him

Dont have a choice. Tax raises are already inevitable if nothing happens. So why would Obama change that?

Because he doesn't want the blowback from the middle class hike part of it.

But neither does Boehner, I reckon.

LOL! Did you forget Obama is on his last 4 years & has nothing to lose like Boehner does?:badgrin:

That' s right. He don't give a shit how much you hurt. He's gonna tax your balls off.

In fairness, Romney would have raised the debt ceiling as well, and attempt to grow our way out of it over 10-15 years. A moonshot for sure, but the only thing politically palatable.

With Obama, of course, we get massive deficits and debt expansion - plus a collapsing economy.

In fairness, Romney would have raised the debt ceiling as well, and attempt to grow our way out of it over 10-15 years. A moonshot for sure, but the only thing politically palatable.

With Obama, of course, we get massive deficits and debt expansion - plus a collapsing economy.

And obamacare to kill off business.

Boehner Exclusive: Raising Tax Rates 'Unacceptable' but New Revenue on Table - ABC News

While I think it is silly for him to rule out any Tax Increases right off the bat. I find it equally crazy that Obama and his supporters actually believe we can solve our Deficit Problems by Taxing the Rich "a little bit more"

Simple math proves that Fallacy. The only real path out of this hole is Robust Economic Growth which will translate into Growth of the Tax base.

Hard choices will have to be made, Real Reforms will have to be made. Most likely we will all still end up having to pay more in Taxes, but we can't tax our way out of this spending. The Lions share of the work of fixing this will have to be done by controlling spending, Reforming Entitlements, and Creating the Conditions for Robust Private Sector Growth.

But then I am not sure why I am bothering. There is not anyone in DC who really care about anything further than the next election away, and therefore nothing will get done. We will continue to march toward the inevitable collapse.

How do you get robust economic growth, if investors don't believe we're trying to get a handle on the deficit? Another $40 on every $1000 over $250,000 may not seem like much, but combined with budget cuts, it says we're doing something to get people's confidence back. A lot of it comes down to perceptions of where we're going and just changing the perception can turn things around.

A dark, dark cloud hangs over America.

Boehner will fold....he has no choice

He can either agree to a deal or the increases will be made without him

Obama will just write and pass the legislation in the House of Representatives for us, then?

Here is the deal Boehner

You can either negotiate a better deal for yourself or accept automatic increases

If Boehner can't sell that then he is a more inept Speaker than we thought

A dark, dark cloud hangs over America.

then take your whiny ass back to wherever you came from and get the fuck out of the way, there's work to do.

otay, corky?

How do you get robust economic growth, if investors don't believe we're trying to get a handle on the deficit? Another $40 on every $1000 over $250,000 may not seem like much, but combined with budget cuts, it says we're doing something to get people's confidence back. A lot of it comes down to perceptions of where we're going and just changing the perception can turn things around.

Well just think how much more serious they'll think we're being if we let EVERYONE carry the increased tax load.

Let the automatic cuts happen.

It will rock the economy and destroy Obama's legacy and agenda, but it is the corrective measure agreed upon earlier.

Let the automatic cuts happen.

It will rock the economy and destroy Obama's legacy and agenda, but it is the corrective measure agreed upon earlier.

Let them happen

Let congress face the wrath of the people. They are the ones who put in the automatic cuts. If they didn't want them, they shouldn't have voted for them

Let Boehner acknowledge that he is powerless as a Speaker, a mere figurehead unable to forge a consensus

John Boehner: Worst Speaker in History...that is is legacy

Dont have a choice. Tax raises are already inevitable if nothing happens. So why would Obama change that?

Yup.

So are "big" cuts to the Military.

And actually this time..if congress and the President does nothing.

We get deficit reduction.

Personally..I am hoping for nothing.

Letting tax breaks expire is not raising taxes. It's resuming financial obligations that people are responsible for.
.....For GOOD REASON!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Forum List

Back