Boehner edges closer to taking off gop's albatross of Shut er Down till after the election

Obama actually cares about this country moving forward, and understands that compromise is necessary in political matters.

Republicans don't. If they don't get their way, they threaten to shut down the government.

Kinda hard for a nation to move forward if they don't have a government.

Obama actually cares about this country moving forward, and understands that compromise is necessary in political matters.

Republicans don't. If they don't get their way, they threaten to shut down the government.

Huh?

What part of compromise is necessary to politics did you not understand?

You have to meet the opposition somewhere in the middle or else nothing gets done.

We'll see how much more dept they can put on us and our Great Grandchildren

but yeah Boner at the least the Guberment wont shut down.

What part of compromise is necessary to politics did you not understand?

You have to meet the opposition somewhere in the middle or else nothing gets done.
When has be compromised? Hell, even the OP mentioned that....

Huh?
Yeah. I understand Obama gets more domestic spending, and the gop gives him all the defense spending he wanted, and sequestration is avoided. And, I have to say, I'm a fan of sequestration, because it prevents more spending without offsetting cuts or new revenue. And Obama vetoed the defense authorization over no domestic spending, and I didn't like that. But, he's potus.

As I read my link, all the gop got from this was less spending for social security disability, and that's a good thing, imo.

But it seems to me Obama got a lot, for a little, but then the GOP gets to remove the issue of "the gop wants to shut down the gummit, again," from the potus election.

Forum List

Back