Boehner demands trillions in cuts in exchange for debt vote

So you want to raise taxes on the middle class? Is that the idea?
Even Obama didnt want to do that. That is a non-starter.
Besides, Obama promised not to raise taxes on anyone making under 250k.

You know you can always write a check to the Treasury to reduce the deficit. No one is stopping you.

Hey.... I didn't say I wanted to... I just said that "if it happened, it happened". You see... I am a Patriot. I WANT to do what's best for our country and it's people... even those you deem "deadbeats".

Btw... funny you should mention that $250K thing.... during the budget negotiations... that $250K number was raised to $1M/year.... guess what? The GOP still turned it down.

I don't care WHAT Obama Promised. The reality is, we have way too many people in dire straits, way too many people at the top making a killing at their expense, and too few people willing to do anything about it. I resolve to NOT be one of those people. I will vote for anyone who will Cut spending AND raise taxes on the most able to afford it.

Furthermore... I propose that if those people want to ship the jobs over to China? Let them take their Citizenship with them... Let them Live under Communist Rule. Because let's face it... only here in America would they be able to achieve what they have already.

Windbag...Hey, I'm in probably the top 15%(nationwide) and even my wife and I would be Ok with a graduated increase(4% being for the top 1%) to help others in this tough time and reduce the deficit.

Feel free to send more money to the government if you think you make too much money.

i mean them undermining the full faith and credit of this country is imbecilic.

and while i agree that the debt has to be addressed, one shouldn't cut one's income when one has bills to pay. so you'll forgive me if i'm not all torn up about it.

Indeed, instead, we should tax the hell out of those who have achieved the higher incomes, and drive them offshore so that all we have left are dependents of the Nanny State.

people are paying the lowest tax rates now that they've paid in 50 years. it's stupid. how 'bout going back to the rates under clinton. THAT is a rational response that isn't intentionally intended to bankrupt government.

Why is it stupid?

So you want to raise taxes on the middle class? Is that the idea?
Even Obama didnt want to do that. That is a non-starter.
Besides, Obama promised not to raise taxes on anyone making under 250k.

You know you can always write a check to the Treasury to reduce the deficit. No one is stopping you.

Hey.... I didn't say I wanted to... I just said that "if it happened, it happened". You see... I am a Patriot. I WANT to do what's best for our country and it's people... even those you deem "deadbeats".

Btw... funny you should mention that $250K thing.... during the budget negotiations... that $250K number was raised to $1M/year.... guess what? The GOP still turned it down.

I don't care WHAT Obama Promised. The reality is, we have way too many people in dire straits, way too many people at the top making a killing at their expense, and too few people willing to do anything about it. I resolve to NOT be one of those people. I will vote for anyone who will Cut spending AND raise taxes on the most able to afford it.

Furthermore... I propose that if those people want to ship the jobs over to China? Let them take their Citizenship with them... Let them Live under Communist Rule. Because let's face it... only here in America would they be able to achieve what they have already.

You want to help, but only if the government says you have to. how does that make you a patriot? That sounds more like what a drone says.

The rest of your post only reinforces how ignorant you are.

It appears Republicans are afraid of success. I'm guessing that's why they insist on following failed policies.

Funny, every suggestion made to them, they insist won't work. And yet, everything they've done has failed. But they only want to continue with those failed policies and nothing else.

Taxes are at their lowest rate in decades. But Republicans say, "You need to cut taxes". Rich people and corporations are sitting on trillions of unspent money, but Republicans keeps saying, "Give them more and they will make jobs".

Republicans are living off "fear". They don't study anything. They aren't presenting serious policy. They have no real strategy. Just "cut taxes for the rich and they will make jobs". How much longer do the Republicans think people will believe this nonsense before America realizes the "Emperor has no clothes"?

Are they ever going to use the two words, "revenue" and "investment"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, every suggestion made to them, they insist won't work. And yet, everything they've done has failed. But they only want to continue with those failed policies and nothing else.

It’s the consequence of the right’s blind adherence to political dogma – it has no basis in fact, or reality, for that matter.

Meh....

They'll end up raising the debt ceiling and spending will continue to increase.

It's all just Kabuki theatre at this point. We never do anything in this country until we reach a full blown crisis.......

Here's the question I'll be asking the next time I vote:

Did you vote for more debt?

If the answer is "yes," you're not getting my vote.

The answer will likely be "Yes but my opponent wanted to spend even more!" That is the choice we get left with all too often.

That is not true.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZEdyiSTmjI]YouTube - Rep. Ron Paul on "The Principles"[/ame]

Forum List

Back