Boehner Caves....

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
WASHINGTON (AP) -- GOP aides say House Speaker John Boehner will ask House Republicans to approve a short-term extension of the government's ability to borrow to meet its bills.

The Ohio Republican is slated to urge his staunchly conservative GOP colleagues to act before the government runs out of borrowing authority next week.

Republicans have been insistent that budget cuts and other measures be added to the so-called debt ceiling legislation but the aides wouldn't say whether he'll seek to add other material to the measure.

The aides required anonymity to reveal the information before Boehner makes an announcement after a closed-door meeting with his GOP colleagues.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-10-10-10-15-42

BREAKING NEWS, 11:31: House Republican leaders say they will offer a bill authorizing a temporary increase in the debt ceiling, in exchange for discussions on reopening the government, funding the budget. The bill would avoid a looming, potentially disastrous federal government default. But it would not end the 10-day-old government shutdown, as the White House has demanded.

More:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...1f648c-31a5-11e3-9c68-1cf643210300_print.html

Last edited:
Keep in mind Aqua - this is "temporary".
We will now see if Obama holds true to his word that he will sit down like an adult and negotiate.
He said he would...course, if he don't - the left will ignore it.

Why would you call it a 'cave' Athena?

It's just a 'cease fire' nothing else.

Keep in mind Aqua - this is "temporary".
We will now see if Obama holds true to his word that he will sit down like an adult and negotiate.
He said he would...course, if he don't - the left will ignore it.

Yes, I understand "temporary" and I understand games. I call what he is doing, caving, and I hope his strategy works.

News from The Associated Press

We have seen in the past the extreme's telling Boehner to sit down and shut up. Hopefully this may be a temp solution and find a way to make it long term so America doesn't take 10 steps backwards in our economy~

Temporary increase in the debt ceiling. It's about time. Now open up government ya dopes.

Obama is doing them a favor by agreeing to speak with them. Don't forget congressional approval is 5%.

The Rs are still trying to blame Dems for all of this but we know better.

Right now the ball is in the democrats court. their move to meet the republicans half way. if they haold fast and do not negotiate it becomes very obvious they are willing to let the nation default

Boehner caving would honestly be the best possible thing for the country.

Boehner is not caving.
Why would Democratic polices be best for us, when everywhere their policies are implemented, it costs more in everything and a large part of the people move out because they can't afford it?

Right now the ball is in the democrats court. their move to meet the republicans half way. if they haold fast and do not negotiate it becomes very obvious they are willing to let the nation default

The Rs need to meet halfway. They were pressured into coming this far.

You mean the GOP may not be able to indefinitely hold the country hostage until everyone agrees to re-vote on every social program that has passed over the past 50 years????

What a coward.

the Temp. should include a clean CR ... if they are being serious about solving any of their perceived problems and expect any meaningful discussions to take place.

Forum List

Back