Bob Schiefer compares Harry Reid to Joseph McCarthy

Zxereus

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2012

Bob Schieffer Compares Harry Reid to Joe McCarthy

It's becoming fairly clear that even some of the Obama-loving media think Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) went too far last week with unsubstantiated and unattributed allegations concerning presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's taxes.

On CBS's Face the Nation Sunday, host Bob Schieffer asked, "Isn't this kind of like Joe McCarthy back in the era when he said, 'I have here in my hand the names of 400 people in the state department who are communist?'" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

Read more: Bob Schieffer Compares Harry Reid to Joe McCarthy | NewsBusters.org

Reid is gonna get hammered.....he's a dirty as they come and he thought he had a winner, but he is a loser, perhaps the biggest loser!

Rush brought up a good point today.
How does a guy like Reid who makes only a few hundred thousand dollars a year as a Senator
amass a fortune of over a few million dollars.
Also heard that he made a pretty penny on a land sale where he didn't own the land?...

Now he can get the protection of the Senate by throwing out wild accusations about Romney and he doesn't have to offer any proof...And the Libs are laughing their asses off about this move.

If any republican did this with Obama when he was running for the WH ..... well you get the idea.

How does a guy like Reid who makes only a few hundred thousand dollars a year as a Senator
Also heard that he made a pretty penny on a land sale where he didn't own the land?...

Now he can get the protection of the Senate by throwing out wild accusations about Romney and he doesn't have to offer any proof...And the Libs are laughing their asses off about this move.

If any republican did this with Obama when he was running for the WH ..... well you get the idea.

DING DING...we have a winner!....How do politicians become so rich?...hmmmmmmmm

Harry Reid's three sons are lobbyists and make a fortune off government contracts.

Defeating Harry Reid - Opinion - ReviewJournal.com

I just think it's a real shitty thing to do.Using the floor of the Senate to hide behind.
To be able to throw out a charge such as this and not have to offer a shred of proof.

If Romney has cheated the government then let the IRS go after his ass.
Until that happens he has done nothing wrong.

If this is the way Obama wants to win the WH that's up to him now.....Obama and Axelrod are rewriting the book on Chicago
thug politics.

Last edited:

Bob Schieffer Compares Harry Reid to Joe McCarthy

It's becoming fairly clear that even some of the Obama-loving media think Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) went too far last week with unsubstantiated and unattributed allegations concerning presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's taxes.

On CBS's Face the Nation Sunday, host Bob Schieffer asked, "Isn't this kind of like Joe McCarthy back in the era when he said, 'I have here in my hand the names of 400 people in the state department who are communist?'" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

Read more: Bob Schieffer Compares Harry Reid to Joe McCarthy | NewsBusters.org

he doesn't even look like him

Reid is gonna get hammered.....he's a dirty as they come and he thought he had a winner, but he is a loser, perhaps the biggest loser!

Unfortunately the GOP ran Sharon Angle--crazy old Sharon Angle--in 2010. Anyone else would have won comfortably over Reid. Well done TEA party.

Reid is a scumbag, by the way.

Reid is a dirty liar.

He's earned that title and I was happy that Priebus attached him with it. He tries to manipulate words by saying, re Romney: "The word's out that he hasn't paid any taxes for 10 years," ... "Let him prove that he has paid taxes, because he hasn't"

it seems when he says "... becauses he hasn't" that he's saying Romney hasn't paid in ten years, but he's using weasel words that mean that Romney hasn't proven he's paid, which can, at least by his allies, be claimed to be true, similar to Obama's well chosen weasel words and deliberately confusing sentence structure: "if youve got a business...you didn't build that" artfully fashioned to attack and then obfuscate.

These guys are always too cute by half...

I just think it's a real shitty thing to do.Using the floor of the Senate to hide behind.
To be able to throw out a charge such as this and not have to offer a shred of proof.

If Romney has cheated the government then let the IRS go after his ass.
Until that happens he has done nothing wrong.

If this is the way Obama wants to win the WH that's up to him now.....Obama and Axelrod are rewriting the book on Chicago
thug politics.

Bush and company didn't have any problem trashing a decorated veteran eventhough Bush spent what little military time he had partying in Alabama instead of in Vietnam.

Hardball politics; invented in Texas; perfected in Chicago. I'm surprised at both it being unwrapped by the Democrats and that the GOP has been so dismantled by it.

As for the IRS...c'mon. Did Reid allege illegalities? I haven't heard so if he has.

SCHIEFFER: Well, you know, I take your point, Governor, but isn't this kind of like Joe McCarthy back in the era when he said, "I have here in my hand the names of 400 people in the state department who are communist?" It turned out he didn't and he was saying the way to prove that they're not is for them to come forward here. I mean, asking somebody to come forward to, to just because there's been an unsubstantiated charge, that's a little thin to me.

From the OP link.

The difference is that we now know McCarthy was lying. We don't yet know whether Harry Reid is lying.

Reid is a dirty liar.

He's earned that title and I was happy that Priebus attached him with it. He tries to manipulate words by saying, re Romney: "The word's out that he hasn't paid any taxes for 10 years," ... "Let him prove that he has paid taxes, because he hasn't"

it seems when he says "... becauses he hasn't" that he's saying Romney hasn't paid in ten years, but he's using weasel words that mean that Romney hasn't proven he's paid, which can, at least by his allies, be claimed to be true, similar to Obama's well chosen weasel words and deliberately confusing sentence structure: "if youve got a business...you didn't build that" artfully fashioned to attack and then obfuscate.

These guys are always too cute by half...

similar to Obama's well chosen weasel words and deliberately confusing sentence structure: "if youve got a business...you didn't build that" artfully fashioned to attack and then obfuscate.

Very nicely put....

Obama gets the best of all worlds.
He gets the lackeys like Chris Mathews and the rest to defend him by saying we are all too stupid to understand the very educated when they speak.We aren't smart enough to understand a superior college educated god like mortal like Obama.Meanwhile Obama gets to stick it to the business owners who he hates and then gets to say it's your fault you misunderstood me....

But Obama gets to take a shot at the people he hates and walks away unscathed.

Got to hand it to Obama and Axelrod...They got this shit down cold.
Years from now this Obama time in politics will be studied for years.

IF Harry Reid's source is real, and factual, then I suspect that source isn't the only one who knows about Romney not paying income taxes in 10 years. And IF that shoe drops - Romney is TOAST.

Reid may be setting Romney up for the TOASTER.

A big mistake was made giving Romney the nod.
Newt would have done better head to head with Obama.
The only thing that will give Romney dull as dishwater campaign any juice will be getting
Newt out there as part of the ticket to get down and dirty as Reid and this bunch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgce06Yw2ro]GOP Rep. to Obama: 'You Lie!' - YouTube[/ame]

It's different when Republicans do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Pelosi looked so angry here....
she almost looks.....HOT
I gotta go, back in a few....

OK I'm backkkk...

A big mistake was made giving Romney the nod.
Newt would have done better head to head with Obama.
The only thing that will give Romney dull as dishwater campaign any juice will be getting
Newt out there as part of the ticket to get down and dirty as Reid and this bunch.

I just LOVE the stupid!

But, I digress. You are absofuckinlutely correct. Nothing is more clear to those of us who pay attention.......Romney and Newt will make a dynamic duo! No way that either of them harbors any hard feelings from the primary circus.

Next, you'll tell us that America will colonize the moon in less than a decade.

Forum List

Back