Lawrence O'Donnell Mocks Ann Romney for Riding Horses to Combat Multiple Sclerosis

Remember folks, family is off limits, unless it a Republican..

we saw that with Palin, Santorum,

the left has a real sickness anymore

Remember folks, family is off limits, unless it a Republican..

we saw that with Palin, Santorum,

the left has a real sickness anymore

FOX and Limbaugh attack Obama's family on a daily basis.

Or did you forget that?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QWhSI2yG3A]Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy? Glenn Beck - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7k5_mxGWuk]Rush Limbaugh - Michelle Obama's Hypocrisy - YouTube[/ame]

Why?

Because he wrote off the horse as a "business" expense.

Well, if it was being used as therapy..how is that a "business" expense.

77,000 bucks is more then what most folks make in a year.

Horses can be a tax write off. They may have bought the horse as part of a breeding operation. Just because someone rides the horse does not mean the tax deduction was bogus.

I'd be interested to see if there were any health care funding for this "therapy".

And it's a valid question to ask.

Horse therapy is an accepted practice. If you purchased a horse for a therapy program you would be able to write off not only the cost of the horse but also the cost of its upkeep.

As far as I can find out hippotherapy while having documented benefits is not covered by any health insurance policies.

:rolleyes:

There is no doubt in my mind that the ms excuse came up after people started laughing at the Romneys being elitists for having a horse in the olympics.

And no, a normal person couldn't deduct a seventy seven thousand dollar horse for therapy.

I'll call my cousin and ask her to try it.

Horses can be a tax write off. They may have bought the horse as part of a breeding operation. Just because someone rides the horse does not mean the tax deduction was bogus.

I'd be interested to see if there were any health care funding for this "therapy".

And it's a valid question to ask.

Horse therapy is an accepted practice. If you purchased a horse for a therapy program you would be able to write off not only the cost of the horse but also the cost of its upkeep.

As far as I can find out hippotherapy while having documented benefits is not covered by any health insurance policies.

Ah sweet.

So it's okay to "double dip" on this..I'd all be interested to see if there was any tax payer funding for the sports facilities that this "therapy" is practiced at. It's always fun to watch how there's not the slightest bit of "interest" in this sort of behavior from right wingers..who go nuts when government funds school lunches for poor kids.

There is no doubt in my mind that the ms excuse came up after people started laughing at the Romneys being elitists for having a horse in the olympics.

And no, a normal person couldn't deduct a seventy seven thousand dollar horse for therapy.

Ravi..it wasn't deducted as "Therapy". It was deducted as business.

Which makes this interesting since Ann Romney has said she uses this for therapy.

So having a horse makes one a "elitist"

I had two growing up...I must be real uppity

If the horse was bought for the olympics or for competition it could be a write off.

If your cousin was running a hippotherapy practice she could write off the cost of the horse as well as the cost of upkeep.

Which makes this interesting since Ann Romney has said she uses this for therapy.

Again if they bought the horse for competition it could very well be written off. Just because Anne gets therapeutic benefits from riding it does not mean the tax deduction was not legal or justified.

As an analogy:

If a hotel owner installed a new pool it would be a tax write off. If that same hotel owner swam in that same pool and stated that swimming was therapeutic for his arthritis would you call the deduction bogus?

Last edited:

Again if they bought the horse for competition it could very well be written off. Just because Anne gets therapeutic benefits from riding it does not mean the tax deduction was not legal or justified.

As an analogy:

If a hotel owner installed a new pool it would be a tax write off. If that same hotel owner swam in that same pool and stated that swimming was therapeutic for his arthritis would you call the deduction bogus?

We're not talking about hotels here..we are talking about sports.

Like I said..I'd be interested to see if there was any health care funding for this therapy.

Equine therapy is a recommend form of therapy for MS, and endorsed by all the major MS organizations. She began riding after being diagnosed.

If the horse was bought for the olympics or for competition it could be a write off.

If your cousin was running a hippotherapy practice she could write off the cost of the horse as well as the cost of upkeep.
The Romneys aren't running a hippotherapy practice. They are entering a horse into the Olympics. To use the excuse that it is for ms is bogus bullshit and insulting to millions of people that have ms.

As an analogy:

Like I said..I'd be interested to see if there was any health care funding for this therapy.

Will My Health Insurance Cover Hippotherapy?

As unfortunate as it is, most insurance companies in the United States do not cover hippotherapy. That said, there may be ways to make it work. A therapist may be able to bill for a hippotherapy session as a “regular” therapy session, and that may be covered under your health insurance plan.

Healing Horses: Hippotherapy & Health Insurance | MedHealth News & Updates

Looks like your options, if you are the average person, are to either lie about the therapy to your insurance company or pay for it yourself.

Or, you can be a Romney and take advantage of the system and get your business to pay for it as a write off while vowing to cancel healthcare for average Americans if elected president.

You really can't make this stuff up!

As an analogy:

As unfortunate as it is, most insurance companies in the United States do not cover hippotherapy. That said, there may be ways to make it work. A therapist may be able to bill for a hippotherapy session as a “regular” therapy session, and that may be covered under your health insurance plan.

Looks like your options, if you are the average person, are to either lie about the therapy to your insurance company or pay for it yourself.

Or, you can be a Romney and take advantage of the system and get your business to pay for it as a write off while vowing to cancel healthcare for average Americans if elected president.

Which is why..it is a valid question.

Romney is talking about repealling ObamaCare.

Is he using the health care system for his wife?

And does he believe that only people that can afford health care should have it?

He's already pointed out..that only people that can afford college should be the ones to go.

As an analogy:

Romney's fancy dancing horse already has better health care than most Americans. (it has its own chiropractor) It will only be worse if Romney becomes President...

In the end, the spouses and other family members should be off-limits to such criticism, unless it is glaringly apparent it could effect the person running for President or is criminal. Furthermore, if she qualifies for something in healthcare, then she should be able to receive it.

Last edited:
In the end, the spouses and other family members should be off-limits to such criticism, unless it is glaringly apparent it could effect the person running for President or is criminal. Furthermore, if she qualifies for something in healthcare, then she should be able to receive it.

Then it should be an either or thing.

Not both.

If this falls under health care..they shouldn't be able to write it off as a "business".

Then it should be an either or thing.

Not both.

If this falls under health care..they shouldn't be able to write it off as a "business".

Perhaps. But again, if the law allows it, just as it does for millions of Americans, then that healthcare should be allowed to be written off as a personal deduction.

Nobody was attacking a family member. O'Donnell questioned a $77,000 tax write off, he didn't "attack" Romney.

Forum List

Back