Bob Kerrey changes his mind, will run for Senate

we spent a million dollars to train shrub.

bill went to college. i know that offends you. but if i were him, i'd have taken the rhodes scholarship, too. if i were shrub, i'd have also let my daddy get me into the national guard to keep from going to vietnam. i don't have a problem with that.

i have a problem with him blowing off his medical exam because he couldn't pass a drug test.

and i have a problem with you insane rightwingnuts who have no problem with it or with cheney's five deferments but are still ranting and raving about bill clinton...

you only honor military service when it's done by someone with an (R) and only worry about them not serving if they have a (D).

hypocrites.

I have a problem with Clinton because he lied to an ROTC officer about his willingness to serve. Then he went out and protested the war in the UK, desecrating the flag.

Cheney got deferments when we weren't at war (he was born in 1941, and his eligibility for the draft was between 1959 and 1964). Bush served, and really the reason he didn't take that exam was that he didn't want to take an intrusive exam when he knew he wasn't going to be flying again...

I respect the fact John Kerry served. I don't respect the fact after the war he lied about soldiers committing attrocities. I respect the fact Bob Kerrey served, but he was involved in an incident where civilians were killed.

He does want to live there.

clearly not.

but will as long as he's getting paid

When he was considering the job, he said he'd been wanting to move back to Nebraska. He is taking the job because he wants to move back there.

You know nothing about Kerrey except what talking points tell you to know.

I read the link YOU provided.

He left the state. He starts thinking of getting elected, so he puts out some feelers and now magically he wants to move back?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If he really wanted to move back out of love for where he lived, he woulda been there before he thought of running.

clearly not.

but will as long as he's getting paid

When he was considering the job, he said he'd been wanting to move back to Nebraska. He is taking the job because he wants to move back there.

You know nothing about Kerrey except what talking points tell you to know.

I read the link YOU provided.

He left the state. He starts thinking of getting elected, so he puts out some feelers and now magically he wants to move back?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If he really wanted to move back out of love for where he lived, he woulda been there before he thought of running.

The link I provided was about him changing his mind about running. It was an update. Again, don't attempt to make people feel you are informed at all about the man and what he thinks.

Bob Kerrey changes his mind, will run for Senate, source says

Posted by Aaron Blake and Chris Cillizzaat 12:14 PM ET, 02/27/2012

Updated at 2:46 p.m.

Former senator Bob Kerrey (D-Neb.) has changed his mind and plans to run for the open Senate seat in Nebraska, according to a senior Democratic aide.

The aide said Kerrey has called Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to inform him of his plans.

Kerrey announced earlier this month that he decided against attempting a return to the Senate, citing his family.

Kerrey’s former campaign manager, Paul Johnson, confirmed to The Fix that Kerrey is reconsidering his previous decision, but stopped short of saying it was a done deal.

“I know he is reconsidering, but I don’t think he has made a final decision,” Johnson said.

Kerrey’s return would give Democrats new hope in a race that would likely be lost if he doesn’t run. The Democratic bench in Nebraska is very thin behind retiring Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) and Kerrey.

Kerrey, of course, will have to overcome charges of carpetbagging. Despite being a former governor and senator from Nebraska, he moved to New York after retiring from the Senate in 2001 and even flirted with running for mayor of New York City.

The filing deadline in Nebraska is this week.

Bob Kerrey changes his mind, will run for Senate, source says - The Washington Post

Yayy Kerrey!

Why support someone that doesn't want to live with the people he would represent?

He moved because he got a job in NYC..running the New School.

bill went to college. i know that offends you. but if i were him, i'd have taken the rhodes scholarship, too. if i were shrub, i'd have also let my daddy get me into the national guard to keep from going to vietnam. i don't have a problem with that.

i have a problem with him blowing off his medical exam because he couldn't pass a drug test.

and i have a problem with you insane rightwingnuts who have no problem with it or with cheney's five deferments but are still ranting and raving about bill clinton...

you only honor military service when it's done by someone with an (R) and only worry about them not serving if they have a (D).

hypocrites.

I have a problem with Clinton because he lied to an ROTC officer about his willingness to serve. Then he went out and protested the war in the UK, desecrating the flag.

Cheney got deferments when we weren't at war (he was born in 1941, and his eligibility for the draft was between 1959 and 1964). Bush served, and really the reason he didn't take that exam was that he didn't want to take an intrusive exam when he knew he wasn't going to be flying again...

I respect the fact John Kerry served. I don't respect the fact after the war he lied about soldiers committing attrocities. I respect the fact Bob Kerrey served, but he was involved in an incident where civilians were killed.

You're kidding about Cheney and Bush. Cheney could have enlisted..and Bush has said in public that he was trying to avoid Vietnam. Given that he was a really good pilot, he would have been valued there.

And several million Vietnamese civilians died as a result of American actions. All Kerrey did was fess up about his role in that.

Yayy Kerrey!

Why support someone that doesn't want to live with the people he would represent?

He moved because he got a job in NYC..running the New School.

Yes, I've been a Bob Kerrey fan a long time. He's brilliant and will make a wonderful senator for them.

I continue to hope Wes Clark isn't out of politics forever as well. The smartest and most caring of the tough guys never want to face the political bullcrap more than once though.

You're kidding about Cheney and Bush. Cheney could have enlisted..and Bush has said in public that he was trying to avoid Vietnam. Given that he was a really good pilot, he would have been valued there.

And several million Vietnamese civilians died as a result of American actions. All Kerrey did was fess up about his role in that.

Oh, it's okay that he was killing Vietnamese because everyone was doing it?

Admitting it 30 years after the fact when 60 Minutes uncovers the attrocity is hardly "fessing up".

We weren't talking about enlisting, were we? A lot of people COULD have enlisted. Obama could have enlisted. He's about my age, I enlisted.

Last edited:

Admitting it 30 years after the fact when 60 Minutes uncovers the attrocity is hardly "fessing up".

We weren't talking about enlisting, were we? A lot of people COULD have enlisted. Obama could have enlisted. He's about my age, I enlisted.

For Vietnam? :lol:

And in case you weren't paying attention..Vietnam changed ALOT of rules. For one thing, Ford prohibited political assassinations. And the military itself under went an overhaul.

This would be the Navy SEAL, amputee, Medal of Honor Recipient.

If the GOP tries to swift boat him, they will look like asses.

don't you love how they honor service.... unless there's a (D) after the name.

Not a matter of "honoring" his service.

The event in question resulted in the deaths of 21 civilians. There was then a cover-up about what happened. It was probably a common occurance in Vietnam.

And not something anyone wants to talk about now.
Yes, it was a common occurrence in Viet Nam - civilians getting killed.

It's a common occurrence in any populated war zone.

We try to minimize it. He was told there were only combatants in the area. As it turned out, his intel was wrong.

I will not and cannot condemn him based on nothing but speculation. When or if there is something solid to back up the claims, I'll consider it. Until then, it's just cheap talk. Very cheap.

But, I'm no fan of his political views, but less of a fan of cheap talk at that level.

Last edited:

And in case you weren't paying attention..Vietnam changed ALOT of rules. For one thing, Ford prohibited political assassinations. And the military itself under went an overhaul.

You talk like either of those were good things.

I wish we still did assassinations. Be a lot cheaper than wars.

Cheney didn't enlist for Vietnam because he was 26 when it was at it's height. They really didnt' take guys that old.. He was also married and had two daughters.

but if you want to make a new rule that you can only run if you have a DD214, I'm totally game with that.

I suspect we'd have a more conservative government if we did.

You talk like either of those were good things.

I wish we still did assassinations. Be a lot cheaper than wars.

Cheney didn't enlist for Vietnam because he was 26 when it was at it's height. They really didnt' take guys that old.. He was also married and had two daughters.

but if you want to make a new rule that you can only run if you have a DD214, I'm totally game with that.

I suspect we'd have a more conservative government if we did.

Yeah..those things are good things. Like having grunts being able to question whether an order is "legal" or not.

And "didn't take"? Ace..they were offering service as a way out of jail back then. They took almost everyone. THAT was part of the problem..and one of the things that were part of the overhaul.

I could care less about military service for politicians..unless they bring it up..or start warmongering.

Same with religion. And guess what..Romney went there. :lol:

Bob Kerrey changes his mind, will run for Senate, source says

Posted by Aaron Blake and Chris Cillizzaat 12:14 PM ET, 02/27/2012

Updated at 2:46 p.m.

Former senator Bob Kerrey (D-Neb.) has changed his mind and plans to run for the open Senate seat in Nebraska, according to a senior Democratic aide.

The aide said Kerrey has called Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to inform him of his plans.

Kerrey announced earlier this month that he decided against attempting a return to the Senate, citing his family.

Kerrey’s former campaign manager, Paul Johnson, confirmed to The Fix that Kerrey is reconsidering his previous decision, but stopped short of saying it was a done deal.

“I know he is reconsidering, but I don’t think he has made a final decision,” Johnson said.

Kerrey’s return would give Democrats new hope in a race that would likely be lost if he doesn’t run. The Democratic bench in Nebraska is very thin behind retiring Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) and Kerrey.

Kerrey, of course, will have to overcome charges of carpetbagging. Despite being a former governor and senator from Nebraska, he moved to New York after retiring from the Senate in 2001 and even flirted with running for mayor of New York City.

The filing deadline in Nebraska is this week.

Bob Kerrey changes his mind, will run for Senate, source says - The Washington Post

Yayy Kerrey!

i wish he was the Democratic guy in my area.....i would vote for him....Loretta Sanchez sucks....

And fuck you back. You feel better now helping out little Jillian. Poor little Jillian. :lol:

She doesn't need my help, and I don't need an invitation to call a spade a spade.

I prefer to play nice. I know you.

I don't want Hannity games here. You're a former player with who.

I don't want this shit here man. I won't be happy. It sucked being at Hannity when all of you would just gang up on a poster and screw them over and try to get them banned.

I know what you did and it was dirty. You made me want to puke. It's crazy what you did there.

Don't do it here please. This is a great forum with far more leeway and no age 14 rules.

Don't bring this crap over from Hannity. Please and for true.

Why can't you just debate? Come on. Just debate.

But if you want a fight, I guess I'm ready. Wow, just wow.

You called a poster a "****" and are going to try and play the "I am so civil" card?

Also, I don't know what kind of fog you were in at Hannityland, but the nods were all conservative self appointed "cream of the crop". It wasn't the liberals who were playing fuck around.

Stop bring a lameass.

taking a lawful student deferrment isn't 'draft dodging'

unlike blowing off your flight training b/c you can't pass a drug test to get through the physical.

odd how those qualifications are applied so sweetly to clinton and not newt.

The progressive double standard is quite amazing.

Bill went to college. I know that offends you. But if i were him, i'd have taken the rhodes scholarship, too. If i were shrub, i'd have also let my daddy get me into the national guard to keep from going to vietnam. I don't have a problem with that.

I have a problem with him blowing off his medical exam because he couldn't pass a drug test.

And i have a problem with you insane rightwingnuts who have no problem with it or with cheney's five deferments but are still ranting and raving about bill clinton...

You only honor military service when it's done by someone with an (r) and only worry about them not serving if they have a (d).

Hypocrites.
ridiculous on its face.

Bill went to college. I know that offends you. But if i were him, i'd have taken the rhodes scholarship, too. If i were shrub, i'd have also let my daddy get me into the national guard to keep from going to vietnam. I don't have a problem with that.

I have a problem with him blowing off his medical exam because he couldn't pass a drug test.

And i have a problem with you insane rightwingnuts who have no problem with it or with cheney's five deferments but are still ranting and raving about bill clinton...

You only honor military service when it's done by someone with an (r) and only worry about them not serving if they have a (d).

Hypocrites.
ridiculous on its face.

It's basically spot on. Which Democratic war hero hasn't the right eviserated in one way or another. Most famously John Kerry..who's service record was ridiculed so badly that the RNC nuts war little purple heart bandages to disparage his war wounds.

He still carries shrapnel from that war in his body.

Hypocrites.
ridiculous on its face.

It's basically spot on. Which Democratic war hero hasn't the right eviserated in one way or another. Most famously John Kerry..who's service record was ridiculed so badly that the RNC nuts war little purple heart bandages to disparage his war wounds.

He still carries shrapnel from that war in his body.

bs Who on the left hasnt hammered on the right.

However my focus was the BS about the drug test.

Why dont you just post maples take along with the forged memos.

hypocrites.

cheney got five deferments. he didn't just not "volunteer".

Hypocrites.
ridiculous on its face.

only to hypocrites.

Look you douche bag, I don't give a flying fuck what you think of me. You hate me.:lol: I don't have the time to waste on even feeling anything for you but standard disgust for moronic liberals.

But I do work boards and I do get what I want in election results. If this old bastard wants to re enter politics, may he get ready for a whole world of hurt.

New game in town.

always classy, dude.

you're a drug addled imbecile. go eat another mushroom.

and you might want to seek help for your delusions of relevance.

I tell the truth. I don't need to lie.

All you are is an opinion bitch from hell who can't back up one sentence with a link loser.

All you do is throw out insults. "drug addled imbecile go eat another mushroom" is such a response to what?

How fucked up are you?

Seek help for my delusions of relevance? What are you talking about? You are babbling.

I've put my resume out there. I know what I am. And I am real.

Who are you little cartoon nasty bitch character on the net.?

Who are you ****?

way to stay classy. represent !!

Forum List

Back