Blue wave coming this November 2018

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oreo, May 18, 2018.

1. Uncensored2008

Uncensored2008 Libertarian Radical Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,559

Diane Feinstein has sold access to the U.S. Government to China, which has made her and her crook of a husband filthy rich.

She has sold China a voice on the Senate Intelligence committee. She is and has been for decades on the payroll of Beijing.

{
    In May 2000, Feinstein lobbied for making permanent normal trading relations with China, a measure that ultimately passed, and helped pave the way for its entrance into the World Trade Organization, which Feinstein also supported. At the time, a spokesperson for Feinstein indicated that her husband had divested of his last holdings in mainland China in 1999. But Blum’s stake in another Newbridge Capital Asia fund, which contained investments in China, belied that assertion.

Meanwhile, in the years leading to the passage of that legislation, Blum’s Newbridge Capital reportedly invested more than $400 million into East Asian businesses, at least $90 million of which was “invested in companies whose profits are pegged to the burgeoning mainland China market, according to the companies themselves,” and several of which were partly owned or founded by the Chinese government. If nothing else, Blum still stood to profit handsomely from management fees for these portfolios.

Defense companies in which Blum’s firms were invested signed billions of dollars in military contracts approved by Feinstein’s committee.
    Such investments in Chinese assets continued. In 2004, Newbridge Capital purchased an 18 percent stake in Shenzhen Development Bank, the first time a foreign company took effective control of a Chinese lender. From 2001 to 2005, Feinstein served as chair of the Senate Military Construction Appropriations Committee. During this time, defense companies in which Blum’s firms were invested signed billions of dollars in military contracts approved by Feinstein’s committee.

This suggests a parallel pattern in the Feinstein family’s political and business dealings that adversaries like China surely could have sought to exploit. When pressed on conflicts of interest, however, on multiple occasions Feinstein has flippantly responded by rhetorically asking what she could do to satisfy those raising the issue, short of getting divorced.

Feinstein’s husband has stressed that his ties to the Dalai Lama and criticism of Chinese human rights violations would never have helped him curry favor with the Chinese, and maintained no conflict of interest between his wife’s position and his investments.

The senator recently co-sponsored the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act of 2018 (FIRRMA), incorporated into the pending National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which gives the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States greater oversight over foreign transactions, geared in part towards China’s malign efforts to gain valuable technology and steal intellectual property. But provisions penalizing sanctions-violating Chinese telecommunications company ZTE were stripped from the NDAA at the Trump administration’s urging.

Interestingly, perhaps anticipating future troubles (the House Intelligence Committee would first warn that ZTE posed national security risks in 2012), in October 2011, ZTE hired its first in-house lobbyist: None other than former Feinstein aide Peter Ruffo, a position it appears he still holds today.}

Feinstein’s Ties To China Go Way Deeper Than An Alleged Office Spy

She is quite simply, a Chinese spy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. XponentialChaos

XponentialChaos Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Should be interesting to revisit this thread in a few months.

I think the Democrats will take the House, but I don't think they can take the Senate.

3. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,232
    I am not holding my breath, I am giving you statistics on these special elections, with verifiable links.There is no guess work in election results.

The entire point is Democrats are winning in places they normally don't win. In more competitive states and districts it's going to get ugly for Republicans seeking re election or new seats.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Marion Morrison

Marion Morrison Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,882
    Not this time, cupcake. Democrats cheese done went and slid off'n their crackers. ;)

Way too many Americans in any state for Democrats to win much this time.

PS: 200K more Republicans turned out for Florida primaries, not to mention the party-switching going on.

200k, are there 200,000 people in your town?

Florida Election Results 2018: Live primary map by county

Some of the rep elections look scary, I may have to wear a Toro signature for a month.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  5. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,232
    The Senate is unlikely but not impossible. I think the House will go to Democrats, and then I'll give Trump 6 months after that, as the new majority in the house 1st order of business will be to start open, public hearings and testimony on the Russian investigation. At that point no one will be able to protect Trump.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Frankeneinstein

Frankeneinstein Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,806
    I guess all that's left to do now is celebrate like crazy, party like it's 2016

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. busybee01

busybee01 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,424
    First of all independents are not allowed to vote so they have yet to be heard from. Secondly it is unknown what the moderates in both parties will do. You could see support for a Democrat Governor to balance the Republican legislature.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,232
    United States Congress elections, 2018 - Ballotpedia

As far as Florida--Bill Nelson is a democrat senator out of Florida. So it's not like they won't elect a Democrat, they will. But I imagine they're only attracted to the blue dog democrats whom are more conservative.

Here are the congressional Republicans that are being targeted in California.
    1. CA-10: Jeff Denham (R-Turlock)
    2. CA-21: David Valadao (R-Hanford)
    3. CA-25: Steve Knight (R-Palmdale)
    4. CA-39: Ed Royce (R-Fullerton)
    5. CA-45: Mimi Walters (R-Irvine)
    6. CA-48: Dana Rohrabacher (R-Costa Mesa)
    7. CA-49: Darrell Issa (R-Vista)
    I believe Darrell Issa has already announced he will not seek reelection in 2018.

Here is a link to the toss up states for the house.
    RealClearPolitics - 2018 Election Maps - Battle for the House 2018

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,232

We have polls of what independents are thinking of Trump, and it's not good.
    CNN Poll: Trump approval dips, hits low among independents - CNNPolitics

That's just it. I think many who voted for Trump realise that the longer he is in office, the more damage he does to the Republican party.

[​IMG]

Moderate Republicans & the never Trump group, may cross party lines to vote Democrat--IOW putting their country 1st over partisan politics in order to get Trump out of office. And many may just refuse to vote, as we have been seeing in these special elections. I don't believe you'll see to many Democrats voting for Republicans.

And to add to all of this Bob Woodward's book, hit the ground running today. They have already had to order 7 new prints just to keep up with the demand.

[​IMG]

Trump's favorability rating is just going to continue to slide downwards, and this is going to take down Republicans seeking relection or new seats with him. Frankly, I am surprised his numbers aren't a lot lower than this.
    RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

• Funny Funny x 3
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  10. P@triot

P@triot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,911
    • Winner Winner x 2