‘Blue Water’ Vietnam-era Navy Veterans Win Agent Orange Benefits In 9-2 Decision

ThoughtCrimes

Old Navy Vet
Jun 25, 2012
Desert Southwest
Finally, after years of struggle with the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), ALL Navy vets who served on ships operating in the territorial waters of Vietnam between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975 are now presumed to have been exposed to Agent Orange and the other Rainbow defoliants for the purpose of filing for VA benefits.

If any of you have filed a claim with VBA in the past and your claim was denied for not being boots-on-the ground, you will have a butt tonne of retroactive pay going back to at least the date of your initial filing date and maybe an additional years worth because of the Nemher decision.

Further, any surviving parents, children or widows of eligible Navy 'Nam veterans may well be eligible for DIC (dependents) benefits which could be significant.

MODS: please leave this post in Current Events or perhaps on a sticky here. This decision has just come down less than 24 hours ago and hasn't been getting much press at all. Thank You!

~~ Court rules VA must pay disability benefits to ‘blue water’ Vietnam veterans ~~

~~ https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...24486280311_story.html?utm_term=.35564f1216e3 ~~

Federal Circuit 9-2 Decision:
~~ http://www.cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/opinions-orders/17-1821.Opinion.1-29-2019.pdf ~~

Hard to believe that this was fought in Congress.
Actually, there has been a number of bills in the Congress regarding Nam Blue Water vets, but the GOP either let them die or simply took no action; every bloody year since around 2008 or so. This decision came down from the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. It deals with those Veteran cases for adjudication of those passed on appeal from the VBA process, and which has legal standing for review by the higher Title III Courts.

As a matter of fact, last summer, this case was reviewed by a three judge panel. They didn't want to waste their time and passed it on to the full 11 judge panel which resulted in a 9-2 decision AGAINST the VBA, the conniving bastards! The appellant filed his initial claim in 2006 so he had been fighting for 13 years to get what was owed him.

Cheers!

Hard to believe that this was fought in Congress.

Hell no, it's not.

These same "representatives" steal from Social Security 24/7.

No, they just had to wait till a certain number of people died off before admitting to anything to save their precious tax money.

I know I will never forgive John McCain for failing to act on doctors that came to him about the Arizona VA not properly treating veterans in need. As soon as they came to him they were later fired.

If it were not for some Congressman in Florida, the story would have never seen the light of day.

And these same pricks want the same single payer system for us all.

God help us!

I even know a chap personally who joined the military, had some medical issues, had an emergency surgery done while in the Marines that he later found out was not needed, and ended up dying 5 years later due to complications.

As soon as they realized he was damaged goods after the surgery, they pushed him out and refused to give him proper health coverage. He went to a JAG lawyer and he just laughed and said that it was an epidemic.

Every time I see a commercial begging for money to help veterans in need, cuz the government refuses to do so, I get really pissed.

May the all burn in hell.

how would they get exposed???
Mostly, the same way the boots-on-the-ground got exposed, except via food. The air & water, etc!
Cept theres no Jungle on the ocean, sea.....
I ain't playing, fool! Fuck you Left, Right and Center. This thread is for adults and not for ass wipes trying to denigrate their betters who served!
Not denigrating anything.....how do you get exposed when youre nowhere near the spraying

Forum List

Back